Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 08:07 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
But if we slap a badge on someone I bet you are ok with it.
"Badges, to (censored) (censored) with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you (censored) (censored) and (censored)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 09:59 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is quite a difference between an insurance policy and carrying a gun into a school.
An insurance policy won't protect you.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:24 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
An honest law abiding citizen who is armed is a scary thing to a liberal. Criminals are the only people liberals want to be armed. They will never come straight out and say it, yet virtually every bill they try to pass pushes the likely end result in that direction.

Anybody with half a brain knows why this is, so there is no need to go there.

Congratulations! You must be far and away from any area resembling a mass urban liberal cesspool.

All traits of the left.

Uh. Gun control isn't necessarily a partisan issue. I'm a liberal and I think this law is stupid. But I also think that about people that have to blame everything on the left.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:43 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is quite a difference between an insurance policy and carrying a gun into a school.
Chances of your house burning down?

Slim

Chances of getting murdered in a school shooting?

Slim

You'll buy fire insurance but you won't attempt to protect children.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:48 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Everyone else can shove it. Of course this is at the same time the state of California is trying to remove the madatpry sentence of using a gun in the commission of a felony.
Do you have a source for that because that's the first I heard of it and I can't find any mention of it online

Old 05-22-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
The chance of your house burning down is remote
And that's why we don't keep a fire hose at the ready on our front porch, right?

Old 05-22-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
But if we slap a badge on someone I bet you are ok with it.
Not necessarily a badge, but if a teacher is going to carry in a classroom I sure would feel better if they had some level of training beyond what's required to get a CCW in California which is a total joke a blind man with half a brain could pass the test here.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:21 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And that's why we don't keep a fire hose at the ready on our front porch, right?
Insurance makes a person whole. A house is property

We defend the president, congressmen, governors, celebrities, jewelry stores, banks, courts, office buildings, sporting events, any many other places....with GUNS

But we defend our children with a sign that says "This is a gun free zone" and then call 911 to send people with Guns. Its ludicrous

Old 05-23-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Do you have a source for that because that's the first I heard of it and I can't find any mention of it online
Senate supports loosening sentencing mandate for gun crimes - LA Times

Old 05-23-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Not necessarily a badge, but if a teacher is going to carry in a classroom I sure would feel better if they had some level of training beyond what's required to get a CCW in California which is a total joke a blind man with half a brain could pass the test here.
The counties that issue ccw permits require training and class time plus various fees and background checks.

People who don't try to flirt a license think it is easy. Of course if you live near the coast the sherif won't issue you a permit unless you make some political contributions, the rest of us serfs shouldn't even dream of protecting ourselves and our families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies