Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 07:46 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I have been watching SNL religiously since my childhood when John Belushi and Gilda Radner were in the cast. I stopped watching it just a couple of months ago. I think it finally jumped the shark.

Trump has given SNL a whole new lease on life. He was the best gift they could have ever gotten. Ratings are up, and we are talking about them, so that tells you something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 08:45 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
really and that's why the left is so worried. If President Trump wasn't doing much then why is the left so worried and upset about all the changes that have been implemented.

Uhm! Let me think... must be a lalaland issue if a snow flake! MAGA
Despite your insults and obvious disregard for facts, I'll give it another go.

It seems that you are unable to grasp that the changes Trump and the Republicans support are ones that progressives oppose.

We oppose leaving 24 million of our neighbors without meaningful access to health insurance in order to give the top 2% a tax break.

We oppose allowing coal companies to pollute the water.

We oppose having a corporate shill on the Supreme Court.

We oppose giving a Russian/Turkish spy access to our national security secrets.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Despite your insults and obvious disregard for facts, I'll give it another go.

It seems that you are unable to grasp that the changes Trump and the Republicans support are ones that progressives oppose.

We oppose leaving 24 million of our neighbors without meaningful access to health insurance in order to give the top 2% a tax break.
This is what happened under Obama and would have with Hillary also.

Millions still did not have coverage with Obamacare and the Bush tax cuts remained in place.

Quote:
We oppose allowing coal companies to pollute the water.

We oppose having a corporate shill on the Supreme Court.

We oppose giving a Russian/Turkish spy access to our national security secrets.
Damn Hillary anyway for being so utterly careless.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:53 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,799,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I thought that was an odd description. Maybe she was the only cast member who would portray her and she HAPPENED to be plus size.

The right seems obsessed with weight right now which is ironic given Trump and his belly fat.
Umm --She is heavy set. There is Nothing wrong with that. That's what impersonators do- look like the people they portray. I thought of all 3, she was most favorably portrayed and looked just like her.

That being said, I was not a fan of the 20 minutes of the show last night. Even with the debacle this week that has been 45, I thought it was tasteless and not humorous.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:54 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Watch the ratings drop so fast until they have not much to go for then to change or be out of business.

Watching the real politics with cry babies, whiners on the left is way more funny to watch!

I never expected the left to be such a losers and bad losers.

We will enjoy another great MAGA!
I don't think they will. The ratings are so high that they're broadcasting twice on the West Coast, including an actually live broadcast.

That said, the show was a solid 7.5/10 last night.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:58 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I don't think they will. The ratings are so high that they're broadcasting twice on the West Coast, including an actually live broadcast.

That said, the show was a solid 7.5/10 last night.
Was there any iconic skits, or was it the usual fare?

Old 05-14-2017, 09:00 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Sanders is fat. Your own dear leader is a tub-o-lard, so what's the issue?

Old 05-14-2017, 09:01 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Was there any iconic skits, or was it the usual fare?
It was pretty standard-form.

But t didn't have the long stretches of boring material like the show often does.

The iconic skit of the night was probably the Spicer/Sanders skit.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:02 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Let me start out by saying that I rarely watch SNL and most I see is when other networks or when videos are posted on social media and than I don't even watch it much.

This morning I saw an interview with Mike Huckabee regarding SNL making fun of his beautiful and smart daughter who now and then is the WH spokes person when Sean Spicer is on duty with the Navy.

A fat SNL person portrayed Mike's daughter who did an excellent job earlier this week and gave reporters a clear message by not taking all their bull****.
Sean Spicer was of course again made a fool off and it comes to a point that it is no longer funny but shows the lack of talent and material these left wing so called comedians have.
The level of talent of these comedians is just as low as their writers as the real White House briefing is getting way more viewers than SNL once had!
Actually when you think about political briefings more entertaining than a comedy program, that says enough how low and bad the SNL has become.
I'm even posting the link so google I yourself if you want to waste your time in it or better watch the real talents giving the lame stream media a run for their money!
If one is going to go out in front of cameras and lie for the president (a minister's daughter, at that), one is going to be the subject of satire. Suck it up Mr. Huckabee--you've insulted others, so really cannot criticize.

Trump has loudly and publicly called women 'fat pigs.' Did Mr. Huckabee or any of the Trump following object to that?

Why is it ok to vote for a crude boor who is dead serious when insulting people, but a comedy/satire show is not supposed to do it?

Hypocrisy much?

Old 05-14-2017, 09:02 AM

17,791 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
From what I understood, SNL's rating pre-Trump were in the toilet. SNL attracts a certain demographic of people of which I am not one. It is standup comedy which I always find offensive. Those that partake in such a thing are generally miserable people that hate the world and this is their way of striking back in a cowardly way.

I would say to just not pay any attention to them. Again, "a certain demographic" enjoys such a show.

So you are not a part of the demographic that watches the show, but you know that the people of that particular demographic are "generally miserable people that hate the world."

that sounds like something Church Lady would have said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies