Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 06:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Not a fan of Trump at all, but this idea of foreign women being required to wear headscarves is so hypocritical.

Do Muslim women in Texas wear Stetson hats? Nope!

So why should Mrs Trump be forced to wear religious garb of a religion that she's not a part of?
That's a very poor analogy! There is no law in Texas (that I know of, LOL!) requiring women to wear Stetsons, and certainly no religion in Texas that requires women to wear them. Even in majority-Mormon Utah, there are no laws requiring women to dress "modestly", e.g. no bare shoulders, etc, though that's how Mormon women are supposed to dress. Dress codes are far different from laws.

I personally don't think Melania or Ivanka should wear headscarves, after all, as pointed out, they are visitors.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 05-21-2017 at 07:07 AM..

Old 05-21-2017, 07:05 AM

589 posts, read 381,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I have - for all those who post on this thread and others horrified at the duplicity of DJT - and for the deluded who are truly confused and trying to make sense of this madness, and for the uninformed who are in an alt-vers bubble and only get their news from FOX and need to hear real facts, not spin.

Those who believe the intellectually-challenged bordering on stupid serial liar, crook, swindler is to be admired and is a representative of the US of whom they are proud, well, they can just put me on ignore. You probably should do that, and then we need talk no more.
Great idea - buh bye.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies