Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 01:16 PM

476 posts, read 1,134,858 times

Advertisements

Why should I pay corporate welfare to the auto industry?
Why should I pay for bailouts of banks that destroyed the economy?
For security of other nations, stabilizing regions?
For government agencies that ignore our rights to privacy?
For police who are dishonest and increasingly militarized?
For firefighters when I've not once been in a fire?

It's flawed logic that only people who receive a direct benefit should pay into it. That's not how our society functions.

Our tax dollars should fund universal healthcare, just as billions in funding goes toward infrastructure, education, parks, corporate beneficiaries, national and international security, government agencies etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 01:22 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Go explain it to this people and they ll talk about

Violence

Guns

Freedom

Old 05-14-2017, 01:26 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Well, for the greater good, remove the illegal aliens which cost us $113 billion a year and secure the border, and we can start putting Americans and their needs first. There just isn't enough to go around. Too many of our own citizens need jobs and to be made to work if they are able. Currently the taxpayers are carrying to much deadweight in order to get things done that need to be done.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:28 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post

Why should I pay corporate welfare to the auto industry?
Why should I pay for bailouts of banks that destroyed the economy?
For security of other nations, stabilizing regions?
For government agencies that ignore our rights to privacy?
For police who are dishonest and increasingly militarized?
For firefighters when I've not once been in a fire?

It's flawed logic that only people who receive a direct benefit should pay into it. That's not how our society functions.

Our tax dollars should fund universal healthcare, just as billions in funding goes toward infrastructure, education, parks, corporate beneficiaries, national and international security, government agencies etc.
What kind of a sick mentality thinks that the use of force and coercion is what a society should do?
Society doesn't progress through force and coercion. the mafia does.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:38 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Oh yeah, i forgot

Force

Coercion

Violence

They are all anarchists when analizing taxes that go to minorities

About the rest of the taxes they keep quiet about

But god forbid! Taxes going to paid maternity leave for...WOMEN...UGH!! :vomit:

taxes going to healthcare for....POOR PEOPLE...UGH!!!! : vomit:

War is fine though!! :happy:

Old 05-14-2017, 01:48 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times
The purpose and limits of the federal government are listed in the constitution. The left and the right have debated these issues for many years. There'll be a lot of shouting from both sides, one side saying read the constitution, which is the side I am on, and the other will make an emotional plea for the downtrodden, and make complaints about the military industrial complex. Both sides will have valid points for discussion, and express frustration with politicians and media people on either side. And nothing will change.

There. I've summed it all up for you.

Old 05-14-2017, 03:07 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
I'd like someone to pay for my flowers in my garden! I'll allow you to pop by and smell them, too!

Old 05-14-2017, 03:12 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Wait, wait, wait... is someone purposing the government, aka tax payers, pay for maternity leave?

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, for the greater good, remove the illegal aliens which cost us $113 billion a year and secure the border, and we can start putting Americans and their needs first. ....
This $113 billion has been disproven countless times, including on the forum. Why you keep repeating it is somewhat of a mystery.

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Republicans don't know how insurance works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies