Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 08:59 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No, YOU are new. If you were more than a young little whippersnapper, you'd have been around when "Mother's Day" meant honoring YOUR mother, not everyone else's. Before corporate America made you think that you needed to buy flowers for your third cousin's mother and buy water in a plastic bottle.

My husband took our children to the store and had them pick cards out for me. Then he asked them what they wanted to get me as a gift and took them to stores to get me gift cards for things I like. Then he helped them make me breakfast yesterday morning.

What does this mean? It means my husband made sure his children had a way to honor their mother (his wife) on Mother's Day.

I can't believe I just had to explain this.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:02 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump not spending Mother's Day with his (3rd) wife and child

Perhaps that's the gift Melania requested.
Oh, snap! Best post of yesterday. And today. And next Mother's Day

Old 05-15-2017, 09:03 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

My husband took our children to the store and had them pick cards out for me. Then he asked them what they wanted to get me as a gift and took them to stores to get me gift cards for things I like. Then he helped them make me breakfast yesterday morning.

What does this mean? It means my husband made sure his children had a way to honor their mother (his wife) on Mother's Day.

They will say anything to defend their dear leader.

I can't understand people questioning this either. I had a wonderful lazy mother's day with my husband and son. Breakfast in bed, cards from my husband, son, and the cats, a walk on the beach with ice cream, and a nice dinner.

Glad you had a nice day as well!

Old 05-15-2017, 09:04 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
They will say anything to defend their dear leader.

I can't understand people questioning this either. I had a wonderful lazy mother's day with my husband and son. Breakfast in bed, cards from my husband, son, and the cats, a walk on the beach with ice cream, and a nice dinner.

Glad you had a nice day as well!
I wish we lived closer to the beach! But, seriously, we did have a very nice day yesterday. Thank you and I'm happy you did as well. <3

Old 05-15-2017, 09:06 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

Well, cons aren't operating on full brain power so basic things need to be spelled out for them. Like hooked on phonics.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:11 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,995 times
Any husband that doesn't get his wife something for mother's day nor spends the day with her and the kids is no husband at all.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:13 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Any husband that doesn't get his wife something for mother's day nor spends the day with her and the kids is no husband at all.
I agree.

And that is exactly what Trumpers would say about Obama had he ever been caught playing golf on Mother's Day instead of being with his wife and kids.

But hell, Trump's marriage is anything but traditional. he and his wife don't even live together...

Old 05-15-2017, 09:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The Left trying to hold the high ground on morality and family values is the real joke here. Remember, these are the people who want to teach your 3rd graders what fisting and anal sex is. They are also the ones who can't decide if they are male, female or somewhere in between. They are also the group that wants to do away with stuff like Mother's Day due to inclusiveness. Don't let these threads fool you.

Prove it.

Sounds like psycho-talk.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:33 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Oh really?

You have no idea what President Trump and his wife discussed as far as plans for Mothers Day.
And quite frankley it is no one's business!!!

Old 05-15-2017, 09:34 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Oh really?

You have no idea what President Trump and his wife discussed as far as plans for Mothers Day.
And quite frankley it is no one's business!!!
Then why are you posting on this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies