Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 11:46 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I guess she went on the Warpath
I wouldn't like to be in her way if she was welding a tomahawk

On the other hand she could have sung "Cherokee people, Cherokee tribe, so proud to live, so proud to die..." during the speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 11:49 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post

On the other hand she could have sung "Cherokee people, Cherokee tribe, so proud to live, so proud to die..." during the speech.

Just keep bringing this up..the more you do the less people in the middle will care and the more political chance you give her.

This kind of dopey nonsense might make a bunch of fools in a right wing echo chamber giggle, but it becomes very tiring to anyone else.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The link in the OP no longer works and I'm not spending the time looking up the text unless someone is going to provide it. But from what I can gather from this thread I will say even as the biggest Trump hater there is I think this is wrong. Even is she didn't mention him by name it sounds to me like everyone knows who she was talking about.

This is not like a Trump speech at a rally where people can chose to attend. Spreading your politic beliefs does not belong in the classroom and it does not belong as part of a graduation ceremony.
Trump made veiled comments in his Liberty University commencement. In them he talked about how voices control Washington. Sadly he is now part of the problem he spoke of. He also spoke of being a warrior for truth...

Quote:
I know that each of you will be a warrior for the truth, will be a warrior for our country, and for your family. I know that each of you will do what is right, not what is the easy way, and that you will be true to yourself, and your country, and your beliefs. In my short time in Washington I've seen firsthand how the system is broken. A small group of failed voices who think they know everything and understand everyone want to tell everybody else how to live and what to do and how to think.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:25 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Just keep bringing this up..the more you do the less people in the middle will care and the more political chance you give her.

This kind of dopey nonsense might make a bunch of fools in a right wing echo chamber giggle, but it becomes very tiring to anyone else.
Hey, I didn't bring it up. She brought it upon herself claiming to be an Indian to get privileges that other did not get.

And as a person who is in the center I am sick and tired of her rants.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:26 PM

313 posts, read 152,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I guess she went on the Warpath
LMAO! That was good.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:38 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:

All Pocahontas needs now is some Fire Water.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
‘I can’t help myself’: Elizabeth Warren turns commencement speech into anti-Trump rant
May 13, 2017 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article

There’s nothing to fear but the President of the United States himself.

That’s the message Mass. Sen. Elizabeth Warren sent to graduates of the University of Massachusetts Amherst on Friday during what was supposed to be a commencement speech. But what quickly became a 15-minute lectures on the horrors of the Trump administration.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/05/...ant-490821‘I can’t help myself’: Elizabeth Warren turns commencement speech into anti-Trump rant
May 13, 2017 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article

So she essentially admits she's a child. Adults, after all, can exercise a little self-control. The irony of her calling the Trump DOJ the "obstruction of justice department" after the Holder and Lynch years is pretty darn priceless.
thank God my kids had brains enough not to even consider schools like Amherst:the same with my grand kids. Elizabeth Warren is soon to become her own worst enemy.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:25 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
She ought to resign, if she can't help herself.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:26 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:

Or maybe "Half breed, that's all I ever heard ......

Old 05-15-2017, 01:36 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Good for her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies