Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 04:01 PM

30,530 posts, read 18,010,428 times

Advertisements

One, there is no way in hell that Trump's approval rating is in the 30s when those same polls show that 97% of Trump voters are sticking with him.

Two, in terms of why he's keeping such support, that's easy, too. Trump voters and supporters like me support his initiatives to date (he's doing what he said he was going to do for the most part). Also, whenever some of us might even consider alternatives, all we have to do is look at the crazy behind leftist loons trashing the country as part of the "resistance" as a reason to continue supporting the president. Simply put, we don't want such loons in power
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 04:36 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,608,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGonnaHappen View Post
You want policy? Sure. He has driven down illegal immigration because he is now enforcing the law,he is rounding up illegals and deporting them,he has Canada and Mexico on board to fix NAFTA,he has driven down the prices of military equipment and the new air force one jet,he has cut back regulations helping businesses,he will be returning land to the states where it belongs,he has cut back restrictions on gun owners....I can go on if you want more policy.
Well the military part is simply not true, The F35 pricing is exactly in line with the planned pricing publicly available since 2014. that has been well documented many times, linked on this forum dozens of times. Why you persist in saying it is hard to know.

NAFTA, apart from threats and bluster not one single issue has been changed, NAFTA is exactly where it was last year, and CAN, is looking to take us back the the WTO to sort out trump's illegal timber nonsense. And once again we will be forced to pay backdated monies.. Nothing new there it comes up when politician want to look good for a moment, but don't worry Trump was not the first to pretend he was "dealing" CAN and "sorting " them out..

Border, Trump has reduced people crossing, there is no doubt. But the cost is high and value limited. Still i fully acknowledge it delights his base.

Gun owners, well cool story bro. we both know that was a disservice to everyone includes the gun rights people. Putting guns into the hands of unstable people is not the wisest move and does not nothing to help anyone. You know this is true, but perhaps will find it hard to admit.

Quote:
here are your F35 links, no real deal here, just Trump bragging on what was happening anyway and suppliers playing along to avoid more hassling from Trump..
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...r-f-35-410439/

How Trump got credit for slashing price of fighter jet when he didn't - POLITICO

F-35 behind schedule, over budget

Quote:
AIR FORCE ONE..... again same deal, lots of noise little action... Trump TALKED , TWEETED, but did nothing, the orders stand the 2 planes and service contracts are unaltered.
Trump: I Saved Air Force $1 Billion; Air Force: What?

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...savings-on-jet

I see you threw in slashing regulations, that is less policy and more noise.

One cannot legally just remove regulations, despite what Trump appeared to think, furthermore those regulations you are so happy to see go are often the ones protecting your family and friends from real harm.

example.

Trump did just kill the Fiduciary rule that was supposed to come in about June this year. Trump had it killed off. The FIDUCIARY rule required that retirement advisors only act in your best interest when selling plans , policies etc. That rule was a huge and hard fought win for moms, dads everywhere. It was intended to protect working stiffs from predatory wall street sales people. Why you would be happy to learn that your uncle, your grand kids the guy down the road will lose that protection is beyond me. But i guess you think it will "stick it " to us upper middle class dems.

I know lots of good republican and democrat voters who do. Deregulation sounds good, but it hurts people.

It is our regulations that drive trillions of investment dollars to our shores. The highly regulated markets make the USA a global center of commerce, but maybe you don't want new ideas being developed here, maybe you would rather see the "googles" of the world list in London instead?
the whole reason we are the center is because our complex rule system protects the owners of IP, it prevents the autocrats from stealing the company if the company exists HERE and only the sub exists in the home nation.

But there is more. By having firm rules it prevents competitors from destroying the local rivers to gain a small pricing advantage, it prevents a race to the bottom. Do you really want to see your kid work in a factory with low safety requirements, or your wife have to pick up heavy loads or use chemicals that risk her health? And if not your family, then your friend?

regulation kill 2 for 1 is perhaps the dumbest thing anyone could come up with, and i doubt any department will follow it.
there are likely some regs that go too far, and if a case can be made to get rid of them they should be gotten rid of. But a 2 for 1 rule just means important regulations will be left out.

What TRump is really after in the DEREGULATION EO , is finance, he wants to deregulate finances so that his cronies can profit greatly by all sorts of risky dealings.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,608,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
One, there is no way in hell that Trump's approval rating is in the 30s when those same polls show that 97% of Trump voters are sticking with him.

Two, in terms of why he's keeping such support, that's easy, too. Trump voters and supporters like me support his initiatives to date (he's doing what he said he was going to do for the most part). Also, whenever some of us might even consider alternatives, all we have to do is look at the crazy behind leftist loons trashing the country as part of the "resistance" as a reason to continue supporting the president. Simply put, we don't want such loons in power
i have yet to see any "trashing".

But i have seen Trump get himself and his family some sweet deals .

Old 05-15-2017, 04:38 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,665,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
i have yet to see any "trashing".

But i have seen Trump get himself and his family some sweet deals .
Donuts? Or sticky buns?

Old 05-15-2017, 04:42 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,665,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Also, whenever some of us might even consider alternatives, all we have to do is look at the crazy behind leftist loons trashing the country as part of the "resistance" as a reason to continue supporting the president. Simply put, we don't want such loons in power
This is true. America made the right decision last November even though the choices were poor.

I'm ignoring the stuff I don't agree with (like Syria) and rejoicing over the stuff I do agree with (Like DeVos, reducing the power of the EPA, reducing regulation, etc.)

Old 05-15-2017, 04:54 PM
JRR

8,130 posts, read 5,594,048 times
Could the answer possibly be a case of "Bunker Mentality" on the part of his loyal supporters?

Old 05-15-2017, 04:58 PM

8,427 posts, read 4,477,721 times
Quote:
Only the crybaby leftists,the elitist media and the establishment hate Trump. REAL Americans love Trump and we are more in numbers than the rest combined.

Oh on top of these being the SAME polls that BLEW IT big time with the election so their "facts" are suspect at best and anyone who buys into them should be sold some ocean front property in Arizona.

REAL Americans do not support Trump. The Majority of Americans do not support Trump. The majority of voters in the last election did not support Trump. A plurality of voters in the last election voted for one of his opponents.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:58 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,762,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
His Trumplings will never abandon their Lord and Savior, so hence why his poll numbers tend to mirror the number of Americans that supported his election, approximately 35-37%. I will go so far to say that no matter how much he screws up and even if the Repubs are forced to remove him they will still stick with him, it is how Blind Loyalty works. In the end they will say it was the Dems, or the Press and few may even blame the Repubs, not that it matters to the rest of the Nation so long as the idiot is removed from office before he completely tears down the Nation.
I think his approval could tank into the 20s whenever Trump does something (and it's coming) that even Fox News can't ignore or find a justification for. Whenever that happens, we will be seriously talking impeachment. Now if the Dems take Congress in 2018 that will be another story. I don't see that happening though with Trump's current approval ratings. He is still very popular in red districts so Congress would likely remain as is if the Midterm election was held today.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:07 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,611,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What gives with Trump? Do people just not care about the erratic behavior we have seen from this White House or is it simply party loyalty?
I think trumpers are suffering from Battered Wife Syndrome. No matter how badly they get beaten up they are convinced he loves them and they can't live without him. Oh, yeah, and everything he says is the truth and he can never be wrong.

I'm not making fun of battered women. I WAS one, so I know the way it goes. I know the mindset.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:10 PM

6,129 posts, read 7,956,629 times
Quote:
Don't need a defense,we think he is doing wonderful,you as the enemy think he is doing badly...is that supposed to be a surprise?
I'm the enemy? Why? Because I call BS when I see it? Because I'm concerned this out-of-control lunatic who low information voters and the Electoral College system put in the White House is making a mockery of our country? Or just because you disagree with me?

I shudder to think how this buffoon you elected would handle an attack from a real enemy. He'll probably whine on Twitter about how unfair they're being while he escalates a situation beyond control. For the time being, Trump's worst enemy is Trump himself.

Those of us who grew up and lived in the NY metro area during the 70s, 80s, and 90s know exactly what kind of jackass Trump always was and continues to be, and none of your fact-free cheerleading is going to change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies