Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 12:28 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The people that leaked this are pro-Trump. Trump won't listen to them. They are desperate. This is not about WaPo. This is about Trump.

http://theresurgent.com/i-know-one-of-the-sources/
To go along with all the secret anonymous sources - we now have nonexistent links to back up those anonymous sources. The Hysterical Meltdown continues and gets more ridiculous by the day.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:30 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
To go along with all the secret anonymous sources - we now have nonexistent links to back up those anonymous sources. The Hysterical Meltdown continues and gets more ridiculous by the day.
Link worked for me...

Old 05-16-2017, 12:30 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Apparently Trump did not even know who the source was. Thanks to our media, now we all do!! All these fake tears from the talking heads today about "protecting our intelligence sources" was a bunch of baloney.
Get real! We are all getting sick and tired of the excuses and rationalizations for the simple fact that Trump is not qualified mentally and with respect to judgment and experience to be president. It is time for his cabinet to quit covering for him and take steps to remove him as provided for in the Constitution. Our lives depend on it.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:31 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGonnaHappen View Post
I hope this destroys ANY source sharing between Israel and the US.
Wow, so with that said are we to assume you are treasonous or just stupid?

Old 05-16-2017, 12:32 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
Quote:
I absolutely believe it. The Washington Post is a threat to the safety and security of the United States.

How is protecting Americans a police state?

Oh so now you want me banned because I express an opinion you don't like? You don't think I am serious? I am EXTREMELY serious. To make an omelet you gotta break a few eggs,to Save America we will have to arrest and prosecute MANY people and shut down those who think its their right to put others in harms way with idiotic and dangerous fake news stories.
Wow...I'm sorry to say this but your last paragraph sounds an awfully lot like the Nazi sentiments during WWII. Although I don't agree with you and support your right to free speech, you are really treading on some disturbing ground...

Old 05-16-2017, 12:32 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Apparently Trump did not even know who the source was. Thanks to our media, now we all do!! All these fake tears from the talking heads today about "protecting our intelligence sources" was a bunch of baloney.
No, that cat was already out of the bag. If Trump didn't know, it was because of his own laziness, disinterest, willful ignorance and short attention span.

I am sure Trump was informed after the story broke - whether or not he absorbed what he was told is questionable, as usual. He certainly didn't (and apparently still doesn't) comprehend the ramifications of it, as is evident by his extremely defensive tweets, or if he did, a good deal of rather hapless CYA came into play.

The man is simply incompetent for the job at hand, intellectually, temperamentally and morally. It is in the best interests of the American people and other lovers of freedom in the world to remove him from office, and to limit his powers until that can be achieved legally.

I never supported Donald Trump, but I had hopes that he would rise to the office of the presidency and surprise us all by his achievements. I could have supported a few of his stated goals - certainly infrastructure. But instead of starting with that, which would have had widespread public and bipartisan support, Trump immediately began flailing around with one executive order after another, creating chaos and increasing division. He was clueless about appearances, immoderate, careless with details, unable to be nuanced in any way, unwilling to learn from others with experience.

The man is not fit for office, and has not grown in understanding or judgment since becoming president. Instead, he is endangering the welfare of the American people and of the world by his carelessness and utter incompetence and volatility.

How much longer must we suffer this man's presence in the Oval Office?

Old 05-16-2017, 12:33 PM

313 posts, read 152,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
You are frightening. And incredibly delusional. It is depressing that you actually seem to want a dictator instead of a government controlled by many arms and people (to keep everyone in check). I have no words for this thinking you seem to buy into...

Regarding this story:
1) It's been corroborated by multiple sources

2) Trump basically confirmed that he has the power to reveal whatever he wants (indirectly confirming)

3) we now know who the source was

Thankfully - we know all of this because of our free and open press. Unfortunately, we only learned about it later because Trump didn't even let our press in initially.

I do wonder how you 1) think the story isn't true and 2) puts our country at risk. If the details are untrue, who is at risk exactly?
Its nothing new. My entire political ideology is set up to have a council select a leader among the best of the best. 1 party state etc.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:34 PM

313 posts, read 152,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Wow, so with that said are we to assume you are treasonous or just stupid?
Israel is not my country how is that treasonous? You can hate my opinion go ahead be my guest but I stand by it.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:35 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Its nothing new. My entire political ideology is set up to have a council select a leader among the best of the best. 1 party state etc.
Ok, I totally see why a person who's political philosophy is antithetical the the beliefs that America is founded upon would like Trump now, carry on.

Other conservatives reading this - beware your bedfellows, sometimes the enemy of your enemy is not your friend.

Quote:
Israel is not my country how is that treasonous? You can hate my opinion go ahead be my guest but I stand by it.
Treasonous because the loss of a valuable intelligence source is damaging to the US. Only a person who wants the US to fail would gleefully wish that we would lose our intelligence allies.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:38 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Hmmm...was that not how the old USSR was set up?

Putin would certainly agree with you..have you discussed it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies