Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 05:25 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
What a massive brainfart by Trump. my GOD he's an idiot.
Either Trump or people reading wapoo,nyt are idiots. This thing stinks like a fake news from far away.
Better not to belive anyone in this climate.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:25 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
As it was explained during the Obama admin, when the president reveals something by mentioning it in a conversation, or thru a TV interview or a public address, then it's no longer classified.
Trump did not have permission from the source to declassify the information.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:26 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
This is truly awful.

Trump is simply unfit for office, and most certainly unfit for our highest office. The GOP need to be held accountable, they are behaving recklessly and allowing this to continue for monetary gain.

As other posters have said. Our security forces need to protect the nation and withhold sensitive information from trump until we have no choice.

And again, what nation would share with us now? Really with that half wit in charge who would risk exposing their assets by exposing them to Trump.

This is all going down hill rather fast. I had hoped the GOP would at least put him on a leash, but between Mitch simply not caring and Ryan being a coward we have nobody running the show. where are the Alpha males the extremists keep talking about! Where are they when we need them, We need somebody with the nads to impeach Trump or at least threaten to in order to get him to stop damaging the nation.
Just tried to leave a message at Mitch McConnell's D.C. office - once again, his voice mailbox is full. As usual. Of course, he scoffs at his constituents and calls us "losers" (see accounts of his February visit to Lawrenceburg, KY, where over 1,000 of his constituents attempted to engage him in discussion, to no avail).

I did get through to Rand Paul's voice mailbox and left a message, asking for an independent investigator. Doubt if I get any satisfaction from that source, either, however. But at least he has working voice mail.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:27 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Sorry, BUT IF any of this is close to what happened>> Trump needs to be held back by Friday ( 1st International trip) before he totally destroys National Security and Trust with Allies who share CONFIDENTIAL information!!

Yike's, IF USA wasn't physically so close to me, I may not be feeling the apprehension I do now! When will a responsible Congress stand up for the Country? Talk is cheap about protecting it's borders, but when Commander-in-Chief shares Classified intel with representative of a Country is currently under investigation appears rather indictative of knowingly disregarding said "National Security"!!

Add in his proactive SHUTTING out of American Journalists, only allowing RT/Russian journalists surely smells of "Treasonous Behaviour"!!

Clip his wings.. do NOT allow this brain dead con-artist to sell out your Country!!

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Enjoying the gigantic wwwaaaaahhhhh from the left.

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I didn't vote for Hillary because of that. Would she be better than Trump? Certainly things would run smoother but I don't think she would be any more trustworthy. I voted third party because I was left with no choices that I could morally vote for.
ah another "special" ego voter, that put their desires dreams and wishes ahead of the safety of our nation and the protections of their neighbors.

Why don't you go tell a transgender kid how you voted to support your "morals" over them. Or maybe drop into a planned parents site and tell them how you value your "morals" over them having access to healthcare. Or maybe you would rather tell the 24 million about to lose coverage how your moral choice was more important than them too.

Me? I understand that voting is a responsibility not pastime. I understand that sometimes in life I have to make unpalatable choices that may not make me feel glossy and special but will help protect my fellow man.

I hope next time around you think a little more before voting your "ego", and telling your friends at the bar, what a great moral choice you made...

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
It seems to be a legit story with Republicans supporting Trump's decision.

Okay now we will get the avalanche of he's allowed to .....sigh.

He's allowed to pick his nose but he shouldn't......just saying.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Greg Miller National Security Correspondent for the Washington Post wrote the story. Based on the discussions from the Intelligent Agency's in the White House showing concern over the Russian meeting in the White House. Not anonymous sources.

Why was McMasters press comments so short and didn't take questions if the story is fake to defend the President? Because it is not.
Agree.

Because he knows Trump is reckless and was only reading a statement to keep the administration from turning into complete chaos.

If McMaster and the other people he mentioned in his very brief statement were in control of Trump's meeting with the Russian prime minister and foreign ambassador, then there wouldn't have been numerous pictures of Trump shaking hands and posing with Sergey Kislyak circulating before our own State Department released them. That in itself should be embarrassing to all Americans!

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The President of the US can share any information he deems appropriate to any Nation.

He broke no laws.
No, he violated no American laws.

But he did betray the trust from another government, and he violated their secrecy laws.
He violated their trust and demonstrated that the US can no longer be considered a trusted partner.

This damages our nation, and was incredibly foolish. Especially in front of a foreign reporter.

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
Either Trump or people reading wapoo,nyt are idiots. This thing stinks like a fake news from far away.
Better not to belive anyone in this climate.
Obviously someone isn't being fully forthcoming. Who to believe...

I'm skeptical of all sources, but Trump's track record with the truth is........let's just say, really bad: Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

So it doesn't look good there.

But hey, this could all just be a big misunderstanding........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies