Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 01:24 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Because you don't know what's important. I did it for a reason, the other agencies didn't sell out because there was no physical proof.

Nothing was proved. The report was done by 3 agencies and not the intelligence community which saw it as political garbage.

keep trying
17 hard luck and too late yoiu admitted it it is quoted and you can't edit it. delightfulllll....

you admitted russia meddled and got trump elected... lol, you did not mean to do it, but toooo lateeee..

Old 05-16-2017, 01:24 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
So do we not expect world leaders to discuss sensitive information in private meetings? I would hope they are more than photo ops.
What an absolutely appalling comment. Your inference is sensitive information is to be discussed with other world leaders routinely - without regard to whether they are adversary or friend?

Seriously?????

He disclosed enough information to the Russians (NOT our friends) so that they can now ascertain the source of this information.

Any foreign leader now will tell him nothing. And well they shouldn't.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:37 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Read it again.

McMaster talked about what did not happen. He did not TALK about what DID happen.

McMaster stated that the president DID NOT:

1. Reveal a source

2. Reveal the method used to gather information

3. Military operations

What Trump revealed was the data/substance, the nitty gritty if you will, of the intelligence.

The information was given to us by another country that doesn't want other parties to know about it. That's an SAP (special access program). That particular country is unlikely to share any more information with us, because the President can't hold water.

That's exactly the point about this, that is most important. The Russians probably have more experience and success at spying than any other nation. You don't have to reveal a source or a method of gathering intelligence, for them to be able to figure out where it was obtained, from its substance. I've already deduced where they got it and what do I know about these things? The nation I have pegged as the source, is not at all forgiving for those who cross them.

Watching and listening to McMaster make that unequivocal claim, about how this incident did not happen ("I was there", he said), was not pleasant for me, because it means there's one less, out of a very small number of those associated with Trump, who can be considered credible.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:40 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure the President of the United States is allowed to determine whom classified information can be released to.

Tell me something. Who exactly is higher up in the Chain of Command than POTUS?

Furthermore, if President Trump's revelation about ISIS helps our Russian counterparts bring those terrorists in ISIS down a notch or three... more power to the President.

Finally, since when did the US have to get permission to reveal classified info from a "US Partner"? Who the f are they anyway? Why aren't they being revealed?

Looks to me like nothing but more desperation from the left in their attempt to stop President Trump from ever accomplishing any of his stated and unstated goals.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:47 AM

1,743 posts, read 991,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Read it again.

McMaster talked about what did not happen. He did not TALK about what DID happen.

McMaster stated that the president DID NOT:

1. Reveal a source

2. Reveal the method used to gather information

3. Military operations

What Trump revealed was the data/substance, the nitty gritty if you will, of the intelligence.

The information was given to us by another country that doesn't want other parties to know about it. That's an SAP (special access program). That particular country is unlikely to share anymore information with us because the president can't hold water.
Get a grip!

For all of you who 'depend' on "un-named" sources (or as in the rant above .. un-named countries) as well as Hillary's and Odummer's cheerleaders at the compost and elsewhere .. TRUMP AINT GOING AWAY!!!

Quote:
“The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation,” said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting. “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed, and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”
Deal With It Clin-toon Lovers!

Old 05-16-2017, 02:03 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGonnaHappen View Post
Russia isn't hostile. Russia is an ally especially in our war against ISIS. You lefties hate Russia because ya need someone to blame for losing a home run win of an election!

WOW, just WOW!

If you think Russia is your allie, I just don't know what to tell you.

Look back at 1979 afghanistan war.

Don't you learn anything in school? Not even an excuse though, you can now inform yourself on the internet. I understand that you choose NOT to.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
17 hard luck and too late yoiu admitted it it is quoted and you can't edit it. delightfulllll....
What does 17 hard luck mean? Admitted what? That out of 17 agencies only 3 backed the report because they knew it was political garbage so they didn't sign onto it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
you admitted russia meddled and got trump elected... lol, you did not mean to do it, but toooo lateeee..
I admitted nothing of the sort. There really is something wrong with your perception, Well more than usual that is.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:35 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
And also, remember that Israel and French intel did warn the US gov about 9/11.

Just saying...

Messing with Intel is certainly not the way to go.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Any foreign leader now will tell him nothing. And well they shouldn't.
The only reason anyone would share any info with US is to feed false info to the Russians. As for real info, no one in his right mind will share any classified intel with us knowing Trump will forward it to the Russians.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:57 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, if that's the case OP he should have just done it the Hillary way, an illegal server in the bathroom that's easy to hack.
I think the days of hiding behind Hillary`s skirt came to an end yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies