Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 09:29 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbow View Post
it is not a conspiracy.

It is well documented. With the end goal, the un running everything and everybody.
k....

Old 05-16-2017, 09:30 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
I just ran across this, pretty interesting:

“I know one of the sources,” Erickson writes. “And the source is solidly supportive of President Trump, or at least has been and was during Campaign 2016.”

So why would a Trump supporter leak a damaging story about the president to multiple news organizations? According to Erickson, it’s the only way to get Trump to change his behavior.

“The President will not take any internal criticism, no matter how politely it is given,” Erickson explains. “He does not want advice, cannot be corrected, and is too insecure to see any constructive feedback as anything other than an attack. So some of the sources are left with no other option but to go to the media, leak the story, and hope that the intense blowback gives the President a swift kick in the butt.”

Additionally, Erickson’s source claims that “what the President did is actually far worse than what is being reported” and that “the president does not seem to realize or appreciate that his bragging can undermine relationships with our allies and with human intelligence sources.”

Conservative Erick Erickson claims source who leaked latest Russia bombshell was a Trump supporter

I don't have time right now to find the original source of Erickson's comment, but I'm sure one of you will locate it

Old 05-16-2017, 09:32 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Question for you.

Who deems what is classified and not classified?

A president can classify or unclassify anything he wants. Obama did the same right before he left office. So anything trump did here is well within his powers. Such a non story!
I was not OUR information to declassify. It was our ally's information, which we did not have permission to disseminate to any other government. What is so hard about this to understand?

Intelligence agencies have a process for this. They don't reveal top secret information with other countries before these agencies are consulted and analyze the ramifications of doing so.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:33 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You are correct.

But...this was code-word intel from another country. An ally.

Guess who won't give us more intel?

We cannot be trusted now.

I just hope President Showoff Russianlover didn't get any allies killed.

You mean Trump was "showboating" and "grandstading"?

Old 05-16-2017, 09:37 AM

313 posts, read 152,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Whatever gets you thru the day, previously banned poster.
Shocker...a lefty can't debate so calls me names and insinuates false hoods instead. YAWN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Didn't you say yesterday you'd be totally fine seeing America destroyed?
If it can't be saved then it WILL be destroyed....

Old 05-16-2017, 09:42 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He shared the intel on laptop bombs that was obtained by an ally. Not sure which yet.

They obtain that kind of intel by working INSIDE terror groups.

We still don't know if this got allied agents killed yet.

Russia is not our ally. I know that Trump supporters love to think his attitude toward Russia is great and we should defo make them our BFFs 4 Lyfe or whatever, but Russia is a nuclear superpower and they don't like us.

Russia is NOT an ally.

Trump is their stooge.
This.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:43 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGonnaHappen View Post
Shocker...a lefty can't debate so calls me names and insinuates false hoods instead. YAWN.

"previously banned poster" is calling you a name, according to you? Toughen up. And yeah, I'll place bets that you've been previously banned. It's not rocket science.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:44 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGonnaHappen View Post

That's not exactly what you said.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I guess paraphrasing is not allowed around here.
Not when it's done with obvious bias. No where did he say he released classified information AND those in the room have said he did not.
To add to this as president he can pretty much say what he wishes to whom he wishes.
Then let us toss in that once again people are being led around by the nose by "unnamed sources" who got the supposed information second or third hand (NOT from someone in the room as they've denied anything was said).
I don't care which side of the isle you're on a thinking and fair person should look at what these "unnamed sources" say with a very jaundiced eye, especially if one believes in our system of justice which requires an accused person be able to face their accusers.

If someone is so sure of their information and oh-so shocked and sickened by said actions whatever they may be (big enough to run to WAPO) then at least have the intestinal fortitude to show yourself and stand behind it otherwise it's no better than gossip.

If what you are saying is actual FACT then I'd bet there would be people in power that'd protect you and/or back you up.
Think about this, how would you feel if one of your neighbors or coworkers started passing anonymous gossip about you that's absolutely heinous, gossip that could cost you your job/freedom?

What saddens and sickens me is that some (on both sides) have become so wrapped up in their "party" and in the emotions that run along with it that they'll instantly seize upon any tidbit no matter how dubious the source and scream it from the rooftops all while lighting their torches and grabbing their pitchforks.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:45 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
"previously banned poster" is calling you a name, according to you?
no use. Whiny, sensitive conservative snowflakes are easily offended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies