Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:37 AM

25,634 posts, read 18,734,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
My dad, who is 81, is in better shape than Trump. You know why? Because he's been exercising for years.
Exercising is only a part of the picture. My father is 80 years old and in better shape than Trump too. Other than having a physical job in his younger years (pipe fitter), he hasn't exercised a day in his life, and to top that off, he has had some rather self-destructive habits (smoking, drinking) over the course of his lifetime.

Genetics is a huge part of the picture. On both sides of my family, the males generally lived into their 90s. Not a one of them, as far as I know, ever exercised. Many of them smoked and drank as well. So you cannot attribute the fountain of youth solely to exercise, although I know most people would like to think they can. If your "bloodline" typically has health problems (especially certain types) or short life spans, unfortunately, chances are good that the trend will continue. Not saying exercise isn't a good thing, but it's not the only thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 09:40 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,543,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Exercising is only a part of the picture. My father is 80 years old and in better shape than Trump too. Other than having a physical job in his younger years (pipe fitter), he hasn't exercised a day in his life, and to top that off, he has had some rather self-destructive habits (smoking, drinking) over the course of his lifetime.

Genetics is a huge part of the picture. On both sides of my family, the males generally lived into their 90s. Not a one of them, as far as I know, ever exercised. Many of them smoked and drank as well. So you cannot attribute the fountain of youth solely to exercise, although I know most people would like to think they can. If your "bloodline" typically has health problems (especially certain types) or short life spans, unfortunately, chances are good that the trend will continue. Not saying exercise isn't a good thing, but it's not the only thing.
Sigh. Anyone with a brain knows how important exercise is to mental & physical health. To say that exercise isn't needed or important is the height of stupidity. I shouldn't have to explain this, period.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:42 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,603,297 times
Trump does believe in exercise. Here is proof.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:44 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,559,984 times
Quote:
Sigh. Anyone with a brain knows how important exercise is to mental & physical health. To say that exercise isn't needed or important is the height of stupidity. I shouldn't have to explain this, period.
Where did he say that?

What he DID say was that excercise doesnt guarantee you good health and longevity. It can be a factor of things such as genetics.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I didn't SAY it wasn't important! Can you please show me where I did? I said that there are other factors as well, and anyone not willing to admit that is ignoring MEDICAL and SCIENTIFIC FACT. I shouldn't have to explain that either. It's only a fanatic that would actually assume that the ONLY factor to longevity is exercise. That's not at all the findings of geneticists and medical researchers.

And if you want to compare brains, I'm more than willing to compare verified IQ tests. Just PM me.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Trump does believe in exercise. Here is proof.
And of course, you've neeeevvvvveeeeerrrrr eaten pizza.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:00 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,580,239 times
Quote:
Huh, so let's see... all Mexicans are good for is to mow your lawn? Isn't that a big xenophobic? Possibly racist?

Mow your own lawn. It's probably better exercise than the time you blow at the gym, and definitely more cost-effective.
I like the people who circle the gym parking lot waiting for a closer parking spot.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:02 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,580,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Where did he say that?

What he DID say was that excercise doesnt guarantee you good health and longevity. It can be a factor of things such as genetics.
I've asked a few times for Trump's quote over a third person report of what he said, but many here believe they know what Trump said because.....

Old 05-16-2017, 10:04 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,222,318 times
Quote:
I didn't SAY it wasn't important! Can you please show me where I did? I said that there are other factors as well, and anyone not willing to admit that is ignoring MEDICAL and SCIENTIFIC FACT. I shouldn't have to explain that either. It's only a fanatic that would actually assume that the ONLY factor to longevity is exercise. That's not at all the findings of geneticists and medical researchers.

And if you want to compare brains, I'm more than willing to compare verified IQ tests. Just PM me.
Excellent posting!!!!!

Old 05-16-2017, 10:08 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,901,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I am hoping all of Trump lovers will put their mouth where the money is, and stop doing any exercise from today on.
This is what you progressives don't seem to understand. We do not worship our representatives, we do not think them above us, or authorities over our lives. You see, we think they serve us and we think each individual knows what is best for themselves, not what some politician thinks.

Now I know it is hard for you folks to understand, being that you have made yourselves subjects to those you wish to rule over you, but when the president says something like this, it means nothing to people like me, as his personal opinion on something is irrelevant to my own, because.. like I said, I am not a sheep who worships at the altar of a political appointee, that is what you people tend to do.

Sorry to burst that bubble of yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies