U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:21 AM

1,501 posts, read 225,938 times

Advertisements

Racism a factor.... so what did he refuse to rape some specific race of woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:04 AM

1,219 posts, read 502,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
He may have thrown money at them but he has been very derogatory about the black community in his statements and attitudes.
He had good reason to, though. Cosby did a lot of good for the black community.

Old Today, 09:04 AM
Status: "Fly the W and NOW I know what the P stands for!" (set 5 days ago)

10,571 posts, read 5,453,604 times
Funny he never said race was a factor when he was raking in all that dough.

If some of the women retracted their statement it could be because they don't want to go through with testifying on the stand and having every detail of their past dredged up and made public. It doesn't mean they lied initially.

That many women coming forward? Sorry, they aren't making it up given those numbers.

Old Today, 09:15 AM

42,291 posts, read 32,895,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Honestly, not sure if race was a factor, but leading to its not.

But I do find it odd that of all those old school Playboy mansion type dudes (think Hugh Heffner) who was popping pills and passing out an having orgies, that Cosby is the only one whose past deeds were drug back up to the limelight......
That's pretty spurious to try to pass off roofie rape as some sort of thing they were all doing.

Sinatra etc. were of course having sex with lots of women but it's a huge huge jump to try to try to leverage that to roofie rape.

Basically, you don't want this to be true for racial reasons and so are out front and center making excuses.

Oh, and several older pervs got away with it for AGES and then had it come out later so your claim that Cosby is being picked on is full of crap.

Bill O'Reilly just got flamed out not for rape but for other stuff...guess that just slipped your mind huh?

Old Today, 10:00 AM

10,775 posts, read 4,912,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's pretty spurious to try to pass off roofie rape as some sort of thing they were all doing.

Sinatra etc. were of course having sex with lots of women but it's a huge huge jump to try to try to leverage that to roofie rape.

Basically, you don't want this to be true for racial reasons and so are out front and center making excuses.

Oh, and several older pervs got away with it for AGES and then had it come out later so your claim that Cosby is being picked on is full of crap.

Bill O'Reilly just got flamed out not for rape but for other stuff...guess that just slipped your mind huh?

I honestly do think that what Cosby did was done by Sinatra, Heff, and all the older guys back then who were affiliated with the Playboy mansion like Cosby was.

IMO to think they weren't is ridiculous.

I don't want anything to be true for racial reasons. I agree with another poster that I doubt more than a handful of these allegations are true. I do think he had some inappropriate behavior and probably is a rapist but I also know that what Cosby allegedly did was commonplace amongst men of his generation and that men were not punished for this sort of thing really until the 1990s and later.

I also believe that it is more of Cosby not shelving this behavior versus it being racial.

But for you or others to think that all those old white guys didn't do the same thing is dumb IMO. I think they all did it and that Cosby is saying it is about race because you all are not focusing on the white guys who did it along with him.

Bill O'Reilley is the same generation. As stated, there are a lot of old freaky dudes and I highly doubt that O'Reilly didn't rape someone or coerce them into a sexual relationship just like Cosby did - not violently but use his power to intimidate a female intern or co-worker into a sexual relationship. His boss - Roger Ailes has been accused of both sexual harrassment and rape similar allegations, yet he is not being charged with a criminal act like Cosby.

ETA: Not sure why you are so eye rolly lol. I really don't care what happens to Cosby at this point. I can just see how he has the view he does, especially considering he hung out with those guys you are thinking of with the bold. They were lucky to have died before their allegations came out for the most part. Others like Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly aren't facing criminal charges and I do think that is what Cosby is getting at.

The only thing I would defend Cosby about is the fact that he did do a lot for black people in America and to say he didn't is incorrect. I went to an HBCU in Atlanta and am very well aware of how many millions of dollars he gave to HBCUs and to scholarships and how he helped to get black people in entertainment and in the stunt industry as well. I also appreciate his work on the shows I am a fan of and can separate the man from his fictional families and sitcoms. Everyone is a combination of good and bad and due to that I don't totally view anyone in a categorical view like others do. And I can see how Cosby would view the race angle considering I'm sure he knows about a lot of crimes that old white guys have done that haven't come to light since he hung out with these guys. I bet money that Hugh Heffner is a rapist myself. All those years having orgies, I know he drugged someone and had sex with them. He's still alive and people adore him and don't dredge up rapes he committed in the 1960s/1970s.

Old Today, 10:07 AM

3,504 posts, read 1,233,860 times
Bill Cosby should be sent to a chain gang in the Georgia swamps for the rest of his pathetic life.

Old Today, 10:15 AM

15,459 posts, read 10,977,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
He had good reason to, though. Cosby did a lot of good for the black community.
You can be the worlds biggest philanthropist, and a great example to all, and still be a a serial Rapist, Murder. etc.

Old Today, 10:21 AM

42,291 posts, read 32,895,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I honestly do think that what Cosby did was done by Sinatra, Heff, and all the older guys back then who were affiliated with the Playboy mansion like Cosby was.

IMO to think they weren't is ridiculous.
I quit reading your garbage there.

The "everyone was date raping so Cosby is being picked on" schtick is beyond offensive.

Old Today, 10:23 AM

1,219 posts, read 502,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You can be the worlds biggest philanthropist, and a great example to all, and still be a a serial Rapist, Murder. etc.
Yeah but we don't know if he really raped anyone though. Innocent until proven guilty.

Old Today, 10:25 AM

7,530 posts, read 8,375,162 times
Well, he may be a perv, but he is smart enough to know of the one argument that has the best chance of getting him off the hook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies