U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-19-2017, 08:27 AM
 
12,404 posts, read 5,744,221 times
Reputation: 6424

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Narrative changed a lot between this post and the first page.
Yea right. I changed from the first page even though in my first post I spoke about the Playboy mansion and not believing all the stories of all the women and the fact that no one else who was involved in the Playboy culture has ever had to face allegations regarding the rapes and sexual assaults that more than likely happened there.

You should just admit you jumped to a biased conclusion based on you disagreeing with me. It's not that big of a deal. The majority of my first post was about the fact that Bill Cosby has been a trailblazer in the black community and that those posters who said he wasn't were incorrect. Had nothing to do with you and you jumped to an odd conclusion because, I guess you want to argue and think someone is afraid to engage with you .
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:57 AM
Status: ""Abortion Stops A Beating Heart!"" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: Kansas
18,338 posts, read 12,068,687 times
Reputation: 17168
Racism always plays into the scenario. ALWAYS! Anyone that doesn't believe that just isn't aware of the world around them.

If he were drugging them and having sex with them, that was wrong. Do I think that was a common practice at the PlayBoy mansion? Yes, that would be my guess. I suspect these women were prostitutes and that is why the reporting wasn't done. Most women would be aware that they had a sexual encounter involuntarily, I don't need to detail that.

The "jump on the bandwagon" mentality quickly became an issue.

I remember the sexual revolution and how it heavily contributed to the moral decay of the country.

Would a black man get the same justice as a white man? It is extremely doubtful. I just can't believe that people keep trying to pretend that racism doesn't exist while most of them have it front and center in their lives.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 11:54 AM
 
Location: ATX
227 posts, read 58,814 times
Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Racism always plays into the scenario. ALWAYS! Anyone that doesn't believe that just isn't aware of the world around them.

If he were drugging them and having sex with them, that was wrong. Do I think that was a common practice at the PlayBoy mansion? Yes, that would be my guess. I suspect these women were prostitutes and that is why the reporting wasn't done. Most women would be aware that they had a sexual encounter involuntarily, I don't need to detail that.

The "jump on the bandwagon" mentality quickly became an issue.

I remember the sexual revolution and how it heavily contributed to the moral decay of the country.

Would a black man get the same justice as a white man? It is extremely doubtful. I just can't believe that people keep trying to pretend that racism doesn't exist while most of them have it front and center in their lives.
It's not that people aren't aware that racism is around them. I find that people aren't aware of their ignorance of racism. Kind of like the alcoholic who drinks every morning, noon, and night but says he isn't an alcoholic because he gets up to go to work every day.

What I find fascinating is how people are quick to cast stones on Cosby without taking into context the time period he was in, the reality that he was and is a black man in America, and that the majority of women making the allegations are white women with money. I'm not even sure if this would get a lot of traction if the white women were all homeless. But there's definitely a strong relationship between class and race here. Cosby is wrong on many levels - cheating on his wife, being a hypocrite to the black community, drugging women, making inappropriate advances and quite possible sexually assaulting them, etcetera. It just seems fishy to me given the time period he was in doing these things and not one woman got a rape kit, reported him to police, or pressed criminal charges without eventually cashing out. I'm sorry but if you sexually assault my wife, I don't want money. I want justice. Period!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 02:10 PM
 
44,761 posts, read 35,394,134 times
Reputation: 27469
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Yea right. I changed from the first page even though in my first post I spoke about the Playboy mansion and not believing all the stories of all the women and the fact that no one else who was involved in the Playboy culture has ever had to face allegations regarding the rapes and sexual assaults that more than likely happened there.

You should just admit you jumped to a biased conclusion based on you disagreeing with me. It's not that big of a deal. The majority of my first post was about the fact that Bill Cosby has been a trailblazer in the black community and that those posters who said he wasn't were incorrect. Had nothing to do with you and you jumped to an odd conclusion because, I guess you want to argue and think someone is afraid to engage with you .
You're the one that called it a "witch hunt" for Cosby.

Specifically, what conclusion did I reach that you're disagreeing with and what was the bias?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 02:21 PM
 
44,761 posts, read 35,394,134 times
Reputation: 27469
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Racism always plays into the scenario. ALWAYS! Anyone that doesn't believe that just isn't aware of the world around them.

If he were drugging them and having sex with them, that was wrong. Do I think that was a common practice at the PlayBoy mansion? Yes, that would be my guess. I suspect these women were prostitutes and that is why the reporting wasn't done. Most women would be aware that they had a sexual encounter involuntarily, I don't need to detail that.

The "jump on the bandwagon" mentality quickly became an issue.

I remember the sexual revolution and how it heavily contributed to the moral decay of the country.

Would a black man get the same justice as a white man? It is extremely doubtful. I just can't believe that people keep trying to pretend that racism doesn't exist while most of them have it front and center in their lives.
So, he got away with it for what? 50-60 years while making a fortune and existing as one of the most beloved entertainers in the US?

What justice is this specific (black) man not getting in this scenario?

I'm well aware of the justice system having unequal results for blacks, I just don't know how that fact which is often linked to $$$ (which again blacks don't have as much of due to historical racism) is related to Cosby?

The part of your post I find odd is that you claim these women were prostitutes and that is was common practice to roofie them? I seriously doubt that but am open to hearing more about this *guess* and how you arrived at it?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 05:48 PM
 
Location: ATX
227 posts, read 58,814 times
Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, he got away with it for what? 50-60 years while making a fortune and existing as one of the most beloved entertainers in the US?

What justice is this specific (black) man not getting in this scenario?

I'm well aware of the justice system having unequal results for blacks, I just don't know how that fact which is often linked to $$$ (which again blacks don't have as much of due to historical racism) is related to Cosby?

The part of your post I find odd is that you claim these women were prostitutes and that is was common practice to roofie them? I seriously doubt that but am open to hearing more about this *guess* and how you arrived at it?
How about the lack of justice where a judge in Pennsylvania unsealed his deposition after he settled with the woman at Temple U? I'm no legal expert, but if someone has heard of similar precedent, I'd like to read about it.

Oh, and how about the relentless media coverage of these women who have no proof of sexual assault beyond a shared story of him giving them drugs? None of them got a rape kit. Most of them went back to him for money and support. And the ones that didn't, like the Temple U woman, he paid off.

And he only got away with it for 50-60 years b/c the women never said anything for 50-60 years. And I'm not buying the kool-aid that these women were somehow encouraged by a black comedian that most blk people don't even listen to, let alone white women, to speak out against Cosby.

Race is and always will be a factor in the criminal justice system, regardless of a man's wealth. Why? Because most judges and juries are white and unfortunately, many whites still harbor ill feelings towards black and brown people.

Cosby is accused by multiple women and depositions are getting unsealed. O'Reilly is accused by multiple women, he loses his job but gets a $20+ million check on his way out the door AND another job within 3 months. Where's the justice for the women who accused O'Reilly? Where's the justice for the women who accused Trump, for that matter?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, not Paris. #MAGA.
7,472 posts, read 3,903,447 times
Reputation: 7662
When you consider that the left started attacking Cosby (by bringing up old allegations) only after he started voicing conservative opinions on matters dealing with personal responsibility, I think Cosby may have a point. Lord knows how the left hates a black conservative. This is even more of an option when the left gives another BC (aka Bill Clinton) a pass, despite his many sexual assault allegations.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 06:30 PM
 
Location: ATX
227 posts, read 58,814 times
Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
When you consider that the left started attacking Cosby (by bringing up old allegations) only after he started voicing conservative opinions on matters dealing with personal responsibility, I think Cosby may have a point. Lord knows how the left hates a black conservative. This is even more of an option when the left gives another BC (aka Bill Clinton) a pass, despite his many sexual assault allegations.
Good Point! In fact, the left was calling the BC scandal a witch hunt by conservatives. Now Cosby is public enemy #1 for both the right and the left. A perfect storm for the Cos. Oh well...at least he's blind now so he can't see the madness anymore.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 08:54 PM
 
Location: Boston
1,990 posts, read 618,970 times
Reputation: 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Here we go again with the phoney cries of racism

--

(CNN)Weeks before his criminal trial begins, Bill Cosby gave a rare interview to a radio host, saying racism and "nefarious" motivations could be behind the allegations against him.

The interview was an unusual one for Cosby who has rarely addressed the accusations made by more than 50 women, many of whom say that he drugged and sexually assaulted them.
Cosby and two of his daughters are stepping up in his defense -- in what appears to be a media campaign timed right before his June 5th trial and jury selection next week.

Bill Cosby trial: Racism could be a factor, Cosby says - CNN.com
Yep, it was his racism, I agree.
Don't forget the vast right wing conspiracy.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chitcago
13,173 posts, read 6,587,104 times
Reputation: 15553
Gotta love the mentality of people. You have 30-somethings arguing about what the times were like in the '60's, as if they lived it, and people calling the victims prostitutes.

How low people will go to write a script that fits their imaginary narrative.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top