Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 11:27 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,742,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I quit reading your garbage there.

The "everyone was date raping so Cosby is being picked on" schtick is beyond offensive.
LOL, you are making stuff up.

I never said Cosby was being "picked on."

I stated what I feel is his POV and I can understand his POV considering that date rape wasn't even a think in the 60s/70s where a lot of these allegations come from.

And for you to think that the Rat Pack didn't date rape or drug and sex women, as stated, is ridiculous.

I know men who are not celebrities who have admitted to date raping women and who were never charged with anything. I know women who have been date raped but didn't press charges. I think a lot of men have date raped women in the past and to think that Cosby hung out with all these other dudes at orgy parties and that he was the only one doing what he was doing is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 11:27 AM

30,468 posts, read 21,660,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LMAO

OJ Simpson Part Deux?

Ignored and denigrated the black community and their concerns, fears and trials for his entire career and now he wants to claim racism??? Cosby, BYE!
And many celebrated his acquittal. Wonder if that will be the case with Cosby

Old 05-16-2017, 11:36 AM

77,721 posts, read 59,870,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL, you are making stuff up.

I never said Cosby was being "picked on."

First page of the thread you called it a "witch hunt".

All this flailing is just going to draw more sharks to your sorry posts.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:41 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,771,015 times
Of course pull out that old play card that is wrinkled and has ear bent corners.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:

The witch hunt was all the women coming out of the woodwork at the beginning. Anytime I see people jumping on a bandwagon, I get the feeling that what they are saying isn't true, and especially when many of those women were trying to get money out of him. If someone raped me, I'd want them to go to prison, not give me a million dollars.

I don't care about drawing "sharks" to my post. I can hold my own and none of the posters around here, including yourself, are "sharks" or anything that would cause me to fear responding. Posting is not "flailing." Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are afraid of you lol or looking for help. I'm fine being the only one with my view. I think most people are naive and believe everything they see on TV and read on the internet. So being the only one with my view, for me, is a good thing. I also don't jump on bandwagons and believe stuff just because someone else said it is true.

I don't know if Cosby raped the woman in question in the case. But I do believe he's raped women in the past. I believe Bill O'Reilly has raped and/or had inappropriate sexual relationships with staff at Fox, I believe Roger Ailes raped and had inappropriate sexual relationships with staff at Fox, and I believe that Heffner gave women pills to knock them out in the 60s and 70s and raped them/had sex with them. I believe the same about Sinatra and other Rat Pack members and other celebrities involved in that lifestyle.

ETA: I also believe our current president has done the above as well.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:58 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,627,413 times
Quote:

To be fair, I didn't get that out of residing's posts at all...

All I see you doing is attacking someone for having an opinion, however. And it's making you look bad. Not residing.

Just sayin'

Old 05-16-2017, 11:58 AM

34,935 posts, read 36,071,187 times
I have seen many cases where black men, even famous ones, were subjected to "witch hunt" tactics that a famous white guy of similar standing would likely not have been subjected to.

Bill Cosby's case is not one of those. The reality is that plenty of people of all colors and ethnic backgrounds here in the USA grew up with Bill Cosby. He was that nice guy who helped us navigate the teaching lessons as the cartoon characters from Bill Cosby and the Cosby Kids went through relatable experiences on Saturday mornings. He was the well-groomed, educated black physician with the beautiful, lawyer wife who were raising their kids in a picturesque brownstone and teaching them to be good citizens. They were together. Not divorced, and their family was solid. He was the comedian who told humorous stories about being a husband and father. He was that guy who really liked little kids and sold us all Jello Pudding Pops.

In short, nobody wanted to believe that that guy was drugging and raping all those women. Or that maybe there were people around him, such as friends and family, who turned a blind eye to that disgusting behavior. Or that so many lovely young women who thought he was that nice guy we all thought he was and that he wanted to take them under his wing and offer them some of the prosperity and connections that he had cultivated would be fixing them a cold drink with a roofie in it, having sex with them against their will, and basically telling them they had no future in Hollywood and nobody'd ever believe them.

So, yeah... Bill really cannot put race up there as a reason that he's being treated like a criminal right now. Because all signs point to him doing some pretty terrible things.

And, he got away with it for DECADES.

Now, if he gets through this court case and his sentence is much stiffer than the sentences of rich, white guys who committed similar crimes? I might say he's got a point.

But, we aren't there yet.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:01 PM

34,935 posts, read 36,071,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The witch hunt was all the women coming out of the woodwork at the beginning. Anytime I see people jumping on a bandwagon, I get the feeling that what they are saying isn't true, and especially when many of those women were trying to get money out of him. If someone raped me, I'd want them to go to prison, not give me a million dollars.

I don't care about drawing "sharks" to my post. I can hold my own and none of the posters around here, including yourself, are "sharks" or anything that would cause me to fear responding. Posting is not "flailing." Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are afraid of you lol or looking for help. I'm fine being the only one with my view. I think most people are naive and believe everything they see on TV and read on the internet. So being the only one with my view, for me, is a good thing. I also don't jump on bandwagons and believe stuff just because someone else said it is true.

I don't know if Cosby raped the woman in question in the case. But I do believe he's raped women in the past. I believe Bill O'Reilly has raped and/or had inappropriate sexual relationships with staff at Fox, I believe Roger Ailes raped and had inappropriate sexual relationships with staff at Fox, and I believe that Heffner gave women pills to knock them out in the 60s and 70s and raped them/had sex with them. I believe the same about Sinatra and other Rat Pack members and other celebrities involved in that lifestyle.

ETA: I also believe our current president has done the above as well.
Let's be fair to those women. Many of them have spoken up over the years, only to be ignored.

They "hopped on" now because they want to make sure that justice is served. Someone is finally listening. That they want financial compensation is merely the civil part of this. Statue of limitations is up on their cases, so they cannot include them in the criminal proceedings.

Just wanted to clarify what the motivations of these women might be at this time.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:05 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,976,987 times
When it comes to eating pudding wonder if Bill prefers chocolate over vanilla?

Old 05-16-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Let's be fair to those women. Many of them have spoken up over the years, only to be ignored.

They "hopped on" now because they want to make sure that justice is served. Someone is finally listening. That they want financial compensation is merely the civil part of this. Statue of limitations is up on their cases, so they cannot include them in the criminal proceedings.

Just wanted to clarify what the motivations of these women might be at this time.

I do believe that Cosby is an old freak, but I don't think that all the women who came forward wanted justice served. I think they wanted money or attention, especially the crazies like Beverly Johnson and Janice Dickinson.

Knowing what I know about the recent case that will be going to court soon, she is one of only a handful I believe. But I do believe he's done it to other women, just not all those who came forward. Too many people look for money and attention. And I do see how Cosby himself would try to claim racism. But I don't think it was a factor. I think him not stopping his behavior is the factor and that it is a personal issue of his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies