Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 12:13 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
To be fair, I didn't get that out of residing's posts at all...

All I see you doing is attacking someone for having an opinion, however. And it's making you look bad. Not residing.

Just sayin'
Bwah hah hah.....their "opinion" is to try to minimalize Cosby's actions by claiming that what he did was "common".

Some opinions are more insulting than others.

Also, did you just attack me for having my opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 12:43 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
I will never agree that Bill Cosby was a friend to the black community.

Quote:
What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don’t know a thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.
Quote:
Now, if a White person does it, sells drugs to Black people, then we’re up in arms, then we’re marching, but when a Black person sells another Black person crack cocaine, heroin, or something that will give us addiction and cause us to not want to support our children and even give our children the same disease, nothing is said, nothing is done. But it has got to be hammered over and over.
Quote:
There were abolitionists who did more than a whole lot of Black people, abolitionist Asians, abolitionists of every color, some Jews, some Catholics, Irish, everybody joining in. They knew that racism and slavery is wrong — but they also knew that apathy is not good.
Quote:
Therefore, you have the pile up of these sweet beautiful things born by nature raised by no one. Give them presents. You're raising pimps. That's what a pimp is. A pimp will act nasty to you so you have to go out and get them something. And then you bring it back and maybe he or she hugs you. And that's why pimp is so famous. They've got a drink called the “Pimp-something.” You all wonder what that's about, don't you? Well, you're probably going to let Jesus figure it out for you. Well, I've got something to tell you about Jesus. When you go to the church, look at the stained glass things of Jesus. Look at them. Is Jesus smiling? Not in one picture. So, tell your friends. Let's try to do something. Let's try to make Jesus smile. Let's start parenting.

On numerous occassions, Cosby has disenfranchised his fellow black men and women, and his ancestors, by saying whites GAVE the blacks the right to vote. As if the black community had nothing to do with the fight.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:46 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And many celebrated his acquittal. Wonder if that will be the case with Cosby
True. Have you watched the OJ: Made in America documentary? Its quite illuminating.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Wow, some sickening thoughts posted here.

The rat pack was filled with dogs who took advantage of their status. They didn't have to date rape. Cosby didn't have to either. The whole *drug a woman until she lies there like she's dead* has to do with a sick mind. Cosby is sick in the head. It's not about sex.

And yeah, take a few nutballs out of the equation and you're still left with more than 40 women. Overestimate and take another 20% out for cash grab purposes and you're still left with more than 30 women.

More than 30 women didn't make this up and the victim blaming here is vile.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:05 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Cosby must be desperate looking for support from the same SJWs he railed against all these years.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:07 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Wow, some sickening thoughts posted here.

The rat pack was filled with dogs who took advantage of their status. They didn't have to date rape. Cosby didn't have to either. The whole *drug a woman until she lies there like she's dead* has to do with a sick mind. Cosby is sick in the head. It's not about sex.

And yeah, take a few nutballs out of the equation and you're still left with more than 40 women. Overestimate and take another 20% out for cash grab purposes and you're still left with more than 30 women.

More than 30 women didn't make this up and the victim blaming here is vile.
I'm not sure but I think this makes you racist.

Cosby said so in the interview.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:13 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Bwah hah hah.....their "opinion" is to try to minimalize Cosby's actions by claiming that what he did was "common".

Some opinions are more insulting than others.

Also, did you just attack me for having my opinion?

No, I just called you out for you not understanding the point residing was making.

Which is that there were also many geezers back then who were doing the same thing as Cosby...drugs were very abundant back then and there were many women who threw themselves at these celebrities. It's still wrong, but that was how it was then.

No one "minimilized" it, you came to that conclusion.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm not sure but I think this makes you racist.

Cosby said so in the interview.

Well, you know me. Always flying the confederate flag, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
No, I just called you out for you not understanding the point residing was making.

Which is that there were also many geezers back then who were doing the same thing as Cosby...drugs were very abundant back then and there were many women who threw themselves at these celebrities. It's still wrong, but that was how it was then.

No one "minimilized" it, you came to that conclusion.
I don't want to get in the middle of this donnybrook, but if there were many women who threw themselves at these celebrities, why would they need to drug them?

Do you have any evidence of this, by the way, or is this just something you *heard*.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:49 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, you know me. Always flying the confederate flag, etc.

I don't want to get in the middle of this donnybrook, but if there were many women who threw themselves at these celebrities, why would they need to drug them?

Do you have any evidence of this, by the way, or is this just something you *heard*.
Has the drug thing also been proven, or is that something you just "heard"?

Last time I checked, Cosby wasn't found guilty of drugging anyone in a court of law.

And yes, rich celebrity males get women and like drugs. It's not necessarily something I need to "hear".

Old 05-16-2017, 01:49 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I will never agree that Bill Cosby was a friend to the black community.

On numerous occassions, Cosby has disenfranchised his fellow black men and women, and his ancestors, by saying whites GAVE the blacks the right to vote. As if the black community had nothing to do with the fight.
I've never heard Cosby say the bold.

He's been on a lot of radio shows I listen to over the years and also I did go see him speak in Atlanta after the "Pound Cake" speech in 2005 and I've never heard him give white people any credit for anything.

I honestly agree with much of what he stated in that speech. He basically stated that black people did a lot of work in this country and that lower income, poorly behaving blacks need to do better than what they are doing and quite blaming white people for their problems. I agree with the sentiment but did understand the backlash due to his speech being said at such a public event. He's been on many black talk radio shows over the years though that most non-black people don't listen to and said the same sorts of things before. He also was very into perpetuating true black culture in regards to our history and creativeness. He and his wife are huge supporters of black American artists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies