Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 04:53 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Bye bye Donny! Time to resign or be impeached.

It's time for the Republican Party to stop protecting this thug and begin proceedings to remove him from office for the good of the country. If they fail to do so, they will be annihilated in 2018 and 2020 ... and with demographic changes they may well never get back in power outside of Kansas and Alabama.
Well, he could seek political refugee status while abroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 04:53 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Trump also recommends jailing journalists who publish leaked information. 1st amendment what?

Old 05-16-2017, 04:54 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,022,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Going to have to produce a little more than that at this point.
Not sure how you expect that to happen. Are you saying everyone needs to wear a wire? That's ridiculous. People are often convicted based on testimony.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:55 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
And I love how the White House flat out denies it...which means Trump is calling Comey a flat out liar

Digging his own grave

Old 05-16-2017, 04:56 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
FOX seems to be spinning it's wheels until the top of the hour, trying to figure out how to handle this.
In the absence of any proof that a memo made by Comey about something that Trump supposedly said, any news source worth a darn would weigh their words carefully. Only a fool would jump on something with so little to go on.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
This is getting beyond ridiculous. As much as I can't stand the thought of Pence being president, I'm honestly starting to wonder if he would be better. With as much as we're learning this early into the presidency, this is likely the tip of the ice burg. Trump is a dangerous man that has no business being in the White House. He needs to be impeached as soon as possible.
Pence is every bit as much a liar as Trump and he knows better. Trump doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It is uncharted territory, indeed.
Trump knows so little of history and what's appropriate ~ I can see him doing all this just out of blind stupidity. He's used to being king of the castle; his word goes, etc etc. He maybe should have read a book or two before taking office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
yup...reporting an unnamed source about an newspaper article
Comey will be testifying soon enough

Old 05-16-2017, 04:57 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Nope, that's the continuing stench of liberal desperation you are picking up on.

Well, the article they reference below says the NY Times hasn't actually seen the memo. They talk about it being "presented" in what form I do not know, maybe liberal delusionism. The Justice Dept refused to acknowledge whether there was such a memo.

So, if they didn't see the memo, how do they know it exists? Comey didn't verify that he wrote such a memo or was told that or did I miss something?

Only in liberal dreams.

Nope, just admit that the more desperate the Democratic Party and their minions become the more delusional the stories are. I saw absolutely nothing that supported the memo being written or subject discussed. Did you even read the article?

Well, at this point, no one has seen the fabled memo, and as far as I know, Comey has not said anything about its existence either.

Neither, stench of liberal desperation. Do you have a copy of the memo? Has Comey stated that it existed?

Or spray some air refresher to clear the stench of liberal desperation. How many stories have we had like this lately? The Democrats and their minions cling to words like "alleged", "anonymous sources" and now we have memos that no one has actually seen. At what point do they realize how foolish they look or do they just never get it? Hillary didn't, so maybe it is a "Democratic" inbred trait!

Seems reasonable to me. No copy of the memo, Comey has not said it and at this point, Comey seems like such a nut case, would people believe it. What exactly did the memo say "President Trump asked me.......", no one seems to know. Seems odd to make such a memo in the first place.

So, you have copy of the memo? We would all love to see it. Of course, it was just a memo. Do we know if Comey even wrote it? And, you know what, you can stow your "reportedly" along with your "alleged, "anonymous sources" etc. I can report the world ends tomorrow, yeah, go ahead and say "reportedly, the world is ending tomorrow". Nothing but nonsense. OK, now you quoting "several sources", I got that also, my husband and son are on board, so you say with confidence that "sources say". Geesh, they just keep duping you all with word play.

Come on Democrats, it is past time to stop letting the party look the way you end up looking when the dust settles. Take back your self-respect!

D

Nile

Egypt.......

etc.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
In the absence of any proof that a memo made by Comey about something that Trump supposedly said, any news source worth a darn would weigh their words carefully. Only a fool would jump on something with so little to go on.
Again the msm is in a frenzied boy that cried butthurt mode spewing this as if it were more than gossip. All Credibility Lost.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:59 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
could you please post the memo?
The NYT reported their source was reading paragraphs of the memo to them over the phone.

So guess what ... firing the head of the FBI did exactly what should be expected....

every FBI agent went into overdrive to send Trump to the slammer.

He is going to jail.

So get ready Trump supporters to visit Federal Prison in Lexington??! to worship your god. At least he will be more accessible to you and have regular visiting hours.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:59 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Wow, a really bad time for a road trip.
there will be a lot of press on the road trip and at the photo ops. Foreign press too. Trump will be forced to stand in front of the press more than he does now. These days he ignores the questions and mouths "thank you" and he ducks away to another room asap - to hide from the press.

On this trip - the foreign press and US press will be asking him about the scandal. Wonder if he'll duck away to another room and leave the rest of the foreign dignitaries out there without him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies