Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 03:22 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

The end is near. The Democrats keep destroying their credibility daily
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 03:35 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
With a new bombshell almost every day and more and more GOP congresspeople starting to wake up, I think the end is clearly in sight and I don't see how Trump recovers from this. Right now, you could say this is snowballing out of control. The sooner we end this and move on, the better. We do NOT want Trump in charge when this country faces a serious crisis like a war or recession.
His ability to govern will not recover. Did it ever really start?

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 05-17-2017 at 03:44 PM..

Old 05-17-2017, 03:51 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The end is in sight? Yep, the resistant and the so-called "bombshells" you speak of have been nothing but hot air thus far. "Alleged", "Anonymous", "Unnamed Sources", "reportedly". Seriously, use the online dictionary

I would think by now that you all would have learned not to jump on the headlines and read the article. The words are very basic and they play people like a fiddle!

So, yes, the end is near for the resistance. Thank God!
Everything always starts out fuzzy. Remember that the burglars were caught red-handed breaking into the Watergate offices, and for over a year, nothing came from the break-in.

But once a special investigator or a Senate investigative committee is formed, if there's nothing there, nothing happens. But when there is something, then it takes on a life of its own and further revelations are forthcoming.

And when that happened, Nixon flew out of Washington with the possibility of a criminal indictment could follow him to San Clemente.

Nixon was a far cannier politician than Donald Trump is, and he had years of protecting himself from his misdeeds. Trump has none of that experience. And he won't be able to bully a Senate committee.

So don't be too dismissive just yet, or you'll be acting like Bob Haldemann.

Bob once arrogantly dismissed the growing heat and blamed it all on the press too. But I'm sure you won't go to prison like he did if and when a bombshell does explode.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:55 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
I'm feeling very uncomfortable that our president could be making deals that harm us, or giving information that shouldn't be shared and while all this is going on, something larger happens. If something needs to change, I wish it would happen quickly so the country can at least get on even keel. We may not get along but this level of chaos is not supportable.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:08 PM

372 posts, read 521,661 times
BREAKING: Robert Mueller just appointed as special counsel to oversee Russia investigation.

Stay tuned...

Old 05-17-2017, 04:10 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618
With a new bombshell almost every day and more and more GOP congresspeople starting to wake up, I think the end is clearly in sight and I don't see how Trump recovers from this. Right now, you could say this is snowballing out of control. The sooner we end this and move on, the better. We do NOT want Trump in charge when this country faces a serious crisis like a war or recession.
Many think July bud!!!!!

Old 05-17-2017, 04:19 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Well, there is the "lie" that he was going to build a wall and get rid of the healthcare slavery act, which he has not done. Yet. But I wouldn't think that the left would have a bee in their bonnet over that. Besides, he's only been in office a few months.

The way it's going now, most progressives will either have had a massive coronary or will have checked themselves into an asylum by the time the four years are over. I've never seen this kind of maniacal stress and outrage on such a large scale. It's downright unhealthy. And the rest of the taxpayers are going to be paying for your nervous breakdowns and dementia, either through tax or hiked insurance rates. TDS should not be covered because it is self-inflicted. I lived through Obama although I wasn't happy. You'll survive if you just go on about your life, which I will bet you a million dollars has not changed much in the past couple of months.
I couldn't rep you again but this^^^^is spot on!

It's amazing how those afflicted with TDS have such bad cases that they can't function in their daily lives Instead, they are constantly posting threads against Trump and scrutinizing every small detail of his life---and, for them, no detail is too small to not comment on.

I strongly disliked Obama but I went along with my daily life. I didn't spend all day looking for things about him to get upset over. Rather, I paid as little attention him as possible and saved my outrage for the worst of the worst that he did.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Manufactured "bombshells" with no substance behind them are hurting your party, because they are making you look like the fools you are..

Old 05-17-2017, 04:25 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
End in sight? Stay positive and go to the Mayo Clinic. They give you the best outcome.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:06 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Yet the the Rightwing media is reporting on the Left creating "bombshells"? Who is more foolish now. This fool Tucker Carlson (Im going in on him tonight) on Fox is reporting on the liberal media reporting about all these recent "bombshells" just from this week alone and it's only Tuesday.

If this was such nothingness why can't Trump and the rest of the Republican controlled congress ignore it and lead our nation?

Try to look the other way all you want but its not looking good for this Administration.
I pity you. Tucker Carlson will eat you alive.

It is "nothingness" because Trump, as Commander-in-Chief, can share whatever he deems is in our best interest. He gets to decide. That is his prerogative as President. And no amount of arm flailing by the Left will change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies