U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 11:21 AM

12,630 posts, read 5,729,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not giving Trump a behavioral pass, but it takes two sides to have a conflict.

The media and the swamp are equally at fault with their behavior and their journalistic malpractice.
Exactly right. The press initiated the malpractice and faux news, Trump escalated it, and now we have a disaster unfolding before our eyes. Again, the MSM and Dems are colluding to make sure Trump fails. Isn't it great that they place their agenda, ideology, party politics before the health of the nation?

Both sides do it, but the left are taking it to the extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
He is right.
some facts
in modern American history, starting with Carter, each president could make that same claim. Each have been successively treated with growing contempt by the opposition.

Thank you Watergate. It is not going to get better unless we reach a breaking point.
I'm fairly certain this country has reached the breaking point. THAT is the reason Trump was elected.

People are tired of career politicians getting wealthy and greasing their corporate donors while pretending to represent the best interests of citizens. Smoke and mirrors, ponzy scheme, crony capitalism... call it what you will - it's all corrupt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 11:23 AM

11,512 posts, read 6,046,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Exactly right. The press initiated the malpractice and faux news, Trump escalated it, and now we have a disaster unfolding before our eyes. Again, the MSM and Dems are colluding to make sure Trump fails. Isn't it great that they place their agenda, ideology, party politics before the health of the nation?

Both sides do it, but the left are taking it to the extreme.

I'm fairly certain this country has reached the breaking point. THAT is the reason Trump was elected.

People are tired of career politicians getting wealthy and greasing their corporate donors while pretending to represent the best interests of citizens. Smoke and mirrors, ponzy scheme, crony capitalism... call it what you will - it's all corrupt!
The liberal media and Dems are determined to bring Trump down at all cost - screw the country and its people!

Old 05-17-2017, 11:24 AM

13,167 posts, read 6,813,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

maybe. I personally think things can get worse...and will...

Old 05-17-2017, 11:24 AM

8,769 posts, read 3,778,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes, I will fight to the death for my Constitutional rights (like I did in the military and that hasn't changed), to protect my family and my property. Robbers (like you) will steal from you what you let them but I will fight.
What the eff are you even talking about? Man, cons are the worst drama queens.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:26 AM

14,775 posts, read 6,380,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The liberal media and Dems are determined to bring Trump down at all cost - screw the country and its people!
Trump and the Republicans are determined to screw the country and its people directly.

24,687 posts, read 32,860,737 times
Wow! What a whiney little loser. The reality is that no politician in history would have gotten away the crap that he has.

1,707 posts, read 1,980,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGonnaHappen View Post
President Trump makes the lefties cry some more. He is 100% correct especially about never giving up and fighting! Such a great man!

Looks like you are somehow in Trump's shoes and live in fantasy. He is the one who is crying about media and you say he's making left cry

Old 05-17-2017, 11:28 AM

387 posts, read 166,059 times
It's true that the media has been completely unfair to Trump. The New York Times and Washington Post have never given Trump a chance from the beginning, and there's definitely a double standard in regards to how these organizations have treated Trump's scandals versus Obama's and Clinton's scandals. This is why confidence in the media is at a near low. Of course, it SHOULD be the media's job to serve as a check on government and politicians - but they mysteriously never seem to do this with Democrats, or if they do the story is buried where nobody will read it.

Of course it's also true that Trump himself is proving to be an incompetent president, and that he is at his core a businessman with some shady tendencies. The hardcore supporters keep insisting he's playing 5D chess, but Occam's razor suggests he just has no idea what's going on or what he's doing.

And it's depressing that so many people are so polarized that they can't realize both of these things are true.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:29 AM

2,057 posts, read 763,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
You have a curious notion of 'never giving up' and 'fighting'.

After all, the man did file for bankruptcy six times. That indicates that he gave up each time.

Not to mention he gave up on Trump Airlines, defaulting to his creditors. Nor did he 'fight' for Trump Mortgage. He recently 'gave up' on the court lawsuit involving Trump University.

Trump is no Winston Churchill.
True. Churchill was a huge leadership failure in Turkey. Hundreds of thousands died fighting that ill fated war.

You make this this way too easy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesl...re/?s=trending

Any other thoughts?

Old 05-17-2017, 11:33 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,159,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBungo View Post
It's true that the media has been completely unfair to Trump. The New York Times and Washington Post have never given Trump a chance from the beginning, and there's definitely a double standard in regards to how these organizations have treated Trump's scandals versus Obama's and Clinton's scandals. This is why confidence in the media is at a near low.

Of course it's also true that Trump himself is proving to be an incompetent president, and that he is at his core a businessman with some shady tendencies. The hardcore supporters keep insisting he's playing 5D chess, but Occam's razor suggests he just has no idea what's going on or what he's doing.

And it's depressing that so many people are so polarized that they can't realize both of these things are true.
Can't agree more! As a moderate democrat I want WaPo and NYT to stop with "unnamed sources". Enough is enough. I stopped reading their sites and it actually annoys me when my liberal friends quote and re-quote them ad nauseam.

However, the blind followers of Trump cult are equally annoying in their attempt to spin and deflect. They are not coming up with their own deflection and spin, just like my liberal friends. The sources are different, but none of them sane.

Seems like the only thing I can keep relying on is congressional testimony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies