Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2017, 06:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The investigation will include all issues and all persons related to the Russian interference in our election. That includes President Bonkers and his minions.

If you think so... Keep that going in the echo chamber!
All this lawyer can do is look at everything the NSA, CIA and the FBI have already looked at, that brought them to the conclusion, NO COLLUSION..

Bet you didn't know, this special council works for the same law firm representing Manafort. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 06:04 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Flynn is already well on his way to be going to prison. The question is which charges to issue that can stick and once that happens, what deal can he make with the evidence presented. I doubt he'll be let off or given immunity.
The question remains whether Flynn can implicate trump....it's possible trump asked Flynn to make calls to Russians on his behalf.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:05 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
The ironic thing is that I don't think there was much of any talk of the investigation until Comey was fired. The investigation was going on quietly until Trump out of the blue, fired Comey. Now he has the Russian issue and a Comey memo from February has been referenced. Trump did this to himself. Yet Republicans would rather investigate Benghazi again rather than investigate the single biggest threat to Democracy.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:08 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,059,788 times
I am not stupid enough to play guessing games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you think Flynn will sing like a canary without immunity?

Old 05-18-2017, 06:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump knew and didn't care or he truly didn't know which makes him a total fool. Pence, I think honestly didn't know about anything. I don't like Pence's ideology at all, but I think he truly didn't know.

Don't kid yourself.

Pence knew everything. He was in charge of the transition and was fully aware of Flynn's dirty dealings.

He's as big a liar as tRump and even more dangerous because he isn't as reckless and bumbling. Should tRump leave office and Pence takes over, the most hateful aspects of the GOP's anti-American agenda will sail right through because Pence knows how to manipulate the government.

16 posts, read 8,739 times
Default Special Snowflake is sad

Quote:
Looks like a tweet storm ....here's his second de jour on the Special Counsel:
Boo hoo

Quote:
The question remains whether Flynn can implicate trump....it's possible trump asked Flynn to make calls to Russians on his behalf.
Trump firing Comey and asking him not to investigate Flynn should be enough for two obstruction of justice charges Anything else is just gravy.

Last edited by mkpunk; 05-18-2017 at 06:26 AM..

3,519 posts, read 2,820,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
As usual, news breaks while I am out living life and not at my computer. As such, I am late to the party.

However, this is the best possible news for President Trump. Should Mr. Mueller exonerate Mr. Trump of any wrong-doing (obstruction of justice, collusion with the Russians, what have you), then Mr. Trump may (hopefully) regain the confidence of a majority of Americans, and move forward. Only the most biased and partisan Democrat would then, in that instance, decry the findings of Mr. Mueller (which I have no doubt some would).

Conversely, if Mr. Mueller's findings are the opposite, with felony indictments and/or impeachment proceedings being justified, again: only the most biased and partisan Republican would continue to support Mr. Trump (again, no doubt some would).

As an American, part of me hopes that Mr. Trump is exonerated. I did not like that circumstances (forged by the President) forced Mr. Nixon to resign that evening in August 1974. It was not good for the country, and our battered economy took even more beatings (look up the inflation rate). There were no 'winners' at that time.

However, the other part of my American-self hopes that, if Mr. Trump's has engaged in even some of the actions attributed to him, he be removed from office, and we take our chances with the economy and our reputation in the world (and with Mr. Pence).

I did not vote for Mr. Trump. I did not want Mr. Trump to be President. I did, however, as I noted in my postings prior to the election, hope that, if elected, Mr. Trump would want to be a 'great' President and act accordingly. If the investigation exonerates him, and if Mr. Trump surrounds himself with able advisors (not the clown-car of people he currently has), he may still achieve that result.

My advice to Mr. Trump: keep off Twitter. Twitter is not your friend. Keep off the golf course, save for perhaps once a month (if that). Get rid of your current advisors: Mr. Bannon, for instance, does not have your back.
I think at this point, at minimum, Trump is going to be shown having poor judgement for the very things that he accused Clinton of - poor handling of classified material, not properly vetting his own staff and not listening to the intelligence warnings regarding hiring members of his staff. There may or may not be any collusion or legal issues found that warrant impeachment, but these issues alone will make easy points for Democrats to bring up during the next election. At most, it may not be very good for Trump.

As far as your advice on Trump staying off Twitter, too late:

This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!

With all of the illegal acts that took place in the Clinton campaign & Obama Administration, there was never a special councel appointed!

Old 05-18-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Don't kid yourself.

Pence knew everything. He was in charge of the transition and was fully aware of Flynn's dirty dealings.

He's as big a liar as tRump and even more dangerous because he isn't as reckless and bumbling. Should tRump leave office and Pence takes over, the most hateful aspects of the GOP's anti-American agenda will sail right through because Pence knows how to manipulate the government.
Trump has a track record of lying. I don't know enough about Pence so I'll take him at his word out of fairness and pragmatism. I bet he's one of a few people on Team Trump that actually has credibility. I just wouldn't vote for him in 2020 over policy.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:14 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you think so... Keep that going in the echo chamber!
All this lawyer can do is look at everything the NSA, CIA and the FBI have already looked at, that brought them to the conclusion, NO COLLUSION..

Bet you didn't know, this special council works for the same law firm representing Manafort. LOL!
This Special C-O-U-N-S-E-L can look at all aspects and he can either review what's already been collected and/or reinvent the wheel and start from scratch. He is NOT in any fashion limited in where the investigation goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies