U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2017, 08:20 AM

8,877 posts, read 4,093,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It's a coup. I don't like Trump and hated having to vote for him, but the alternative was... unthinkable. We're being looked down on like idiots. By idiots, that's the worst part. The people in DC are either greedy idiots, incompetent boobs, pushover weaklings or depraved head cases. The Russians hacked our election.... BS. Now the North Koreans were the ones behind that lame hacking.... BS. Our government has turned on us, we're all disenfranchised. All of us.
It's a coup.
Is it? I know that the Media and the Leftists are attempting that, but the Trump Administration is very different from the Obama Administration because Donald Trump is not a Politician. The FBI, CIA, NSA and the DOJ were ALL politicized. IF it takes a Special Counsel to help clean that up ..... I'm all for it and I'm not worried about it.

The Obama Administration refused to do it.
The Trump Administration DID do it. That says a lot & the main thing it shows is that competent people are in charge.

We absolutely have to have the Rule of Law in this Nation, we have to get these Security Agencies back to what they are intended to be. IF Mueller finds crimes were committed, then I expect charges - I don't care who it is.

IF the Democrats and the Leftist Media continue with these "un-named/anonymous" Hit Pieces on a daily basis - it will only prove the are interested in only a Witch Hunt and not the truth.

We're being looked down on like idiots.
Of course, in fact the Trump Voters were called "Deplorables" and anti-American. There was no choice except for Donald Trump - Hillary Clinton criminally disregarded National Security and sold her position for personal gain. I also had no choice - they can call me what they want, BUT the "idiots" saved the day and the Trump Cabinet is the strongest I've ever seen -- even Anti-Trumper Robert Gates agrees with that.

We may be "idiots" (in their view) but we were not stupid enough to elect a known criminal (even Comey said she was incompetent with National Security).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 08:22 AM

8,846 posts, read 4,268,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most of Trump's problems are self- inflicted.

He has contistently met all the criteria of a Narrassistic Personality Disorder his entire adult life. He has demonstrated poor impulse control. he turns 71 next month. He is not going to change.
This.

Trump is arrogant, egotistical, vindictive, and stubborn. And as you said, at 71, none of that is going to change.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:31 AM

36,926 posts, read 28,034,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
What say you, Democrats, if FBI Director Mueller finds that Trump was not part of the Russian/Election scandal and that he did not knowingly obstruct justice when (according to Comey) Trump asked him to end the Flynn investigation? Do you then think, that Mueller is just part of a bigger conspiracy or do you accept his results? Do you become quiet as church-mice if the results favor President Trump?
I am politically agnostic.

I will be very surprised if the conclusion of the investigation is that Trump was personally involved with or had knowledge of collusion with Russia.

Putin wants the sanctions lifted. Was Flynn the primary conduit?

The Comey thing is curious. The Admin could not keep the story straight and Trump threw his hand- picked Admin under the bus.

Why would Trump imply there may be tapes before Comey released his documentation? What was Trump concerned that could come to light? Why does Trump continue to defend Flynn?

Old 05-18-2017, 09:36 AM

13,555 posts, read 14,382,432 times
Quote:
Let's call this for what it is... a coup. The government has decided that the people can't make the decision who should lead the country and who should be elected. Its them against the rest of us. You people hooting and jumping thinking your side is winning are sorely deluded. They look down on you just as much as the rest of us, even more.
So is "coup" the new right-wing talking point? It's showing up on here a lot.

There's nothing remotely coup-like about what's happening. Appointment of special counsel is provided for by statute and so far everyone appears to be following the law.

Was it a "coup" when Nixon resigned rather than face impeachment? Was it a "coup" when Ken Starr investigated Bill Clinton?

Being elected president does not insulate a person from being investigated as a criminal.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
It's a coup. I don't like Trump and hated having to vote for him, but the alternative was... unthinkable. We're being looked down on like idiots. By idiots, that's the worst part. The people in DC are either greedy idiots, incompetent boobs, pushover weaklings or depraved head cases. The Russians hacked our election.... BS. Now the North Koreans were the ones behind that lame hacking.... BS. Our government has turned on us, we're all disenfranchised. All of us.
You didn't HAVE to vote for Trump. You chose to. Now you own him, so man up and claim him.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
What say you, Democrats, if FBI Director Mueller finds that Trump was not part of the Russian/Election scandal and that he did not knowingly obstruct justice when (according to Comey) Trump asked him to end the Flynn investigation? Do you then think, that Mueller is just part of a bigger conspiracy or do you accept his results? Do you become quiet as church-mice if the results favor President Trump?
I can't stand to even think about Trump, but if Mueller determines he didn't do anything unethical or illegal, I'll accept that finding.

I'm not a birther conspiracy nut. I can accept evidence when it's presented by a trustworthy source. Are you willing to concede that Hillary Clinton didn't cause Benghazi and didn't compromise American security with her private server? Investigations were done on those issues and no culpability was found.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:52 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,794,450 times
I do wish that President Trump would listen to my advice; or, rather, the advice of those around him.

What did I say earlier in this thread? Mr. President, keep off Twitter.

Last night the White House issued a statement concerning the appointment of Mr. Mueller. I was hopeful that Mr. Trump would let the matter rest, and get on with his job.

But no, he has to get on Twitter:

Trump is live-tweeting 'Fox & Friends' -- again - May. 18, 2017

The article implies that he was watching some Fox show, and that spurred him on.

I recall the famed statement from Pogo: "We have met the enemy, and he is Us".

Thus here.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:53 AM

20,152 posts, read 7,998,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
True - BUT the Politicized Obama Department of Justice REFUSED to ever appoint a Special Counsel to managed the Investigation. It's refreshing to see that the Trump Department of Justice is not afraid of an Investigation.
The Democrats have openly said they would not make confirmations and would obstruct all votes UNTIL a Special Counsel was appointed ..... OK, they have that now.
I expect them to get back to work ...... I'm betting they won't.
And did the Republicans doing the investigations request a special counsel? DOJ does not arbitrarily appoint a special counsel without it being requested by congress

You just keep on supporting your guy no matter what he does kibby, let him take down the whole country and then you can try to blame it on Hillary.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:54 AM

24,267 posts, read 9,712,804 times
Quote:
True - BUT the Politicized Obama Department of Justice REFUSED to ever appoint a Special Counsel to managed the Investigation. It's refreshing to see that the Trump Department of Justice is not afraid of an Investigation.

The Democrats have openly said they would not make confirmations and would obstruct all votes UNTIL a Special Counsel was appointed ..... OK, they have that now.

I expect them to get back to work ...... I'm betting they won't.
I don't recall anyone calling for a special counsel with the server investigation, besides it was after Clinton left office. The GOP was satisfied with Comey's , he was respected and trust worthy until he made his decision not to prosecute.

Just imagine if Obama fired Comey in the middle of the server investigation, you can guess what the response would have been.

You must know a different Trump, he didn't want a special counsel one bit, he wanted control and now he has none. But this isn't over by a long run, in the end Mueller will have a report with his findings. If he has nothing we move on but if there is a connection to Trump we will be in crisis mode again.

Last edited by Goodnight; 05-18-2017 at 10:12 AM..

Old 05-18-2017, 09:54 AM

22,293 posts, read 12,361,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
WRONG!!! Your echo chamber is going to let you down again.

This is not a criminal offense. It is an internal intelligence breach. The criminal part of it is unmasked people leaked to the media.
Obstruction of justice is also a crime. Just sayin.

Quote:
Mueller better hope he was never at a party or gathering that included anyone from Russia
You understand that this is now more than just about Trump and Russia, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies