U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 02:53 PM

7,217 posts, read 7,567,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They have done it at least 20 times now.

Counsel is not a prosecutor. Council is a lawyer. Nothing else. One that knows federal statue, policy and protocol. He just looks over the same facts that have already been looked over by the FBI, CIA and the NSA. Who all have said under oath, there is no collusion with the Russian Government, between anyone associated with the Trump campaign.
Special counsel will conduct a thorough investigation of many facets of this controversy. Don't get sidetracked. Many things need to examined. Here are a few:

1. Exactly what the Russians did to disrupt our electoral process.

2. What persons both here and abroad were involved in those attempts.

3. Whether President Trump and any of his staff are connected or involved in any way with these attempts to disrupt the election.

4. Whether communication occurred between anyone attempting to disrupt the election and either President Trump or individuals working on his campaign.

5. How we can prevent attempts in the future by Russian and other countries to disrupt our electoral process.

6. Whether President Trump or anyone working him committed crimes like obstruction of justice when he/they spoke to than FBI Director Comey or anyone working for him.

7. Whether Comey actually has memos documenting attempts by Trump to shut down the investigation of General Michael Flynn.

8. Whether Trump leaked important state secrets to the Russians during his recent meetings.

Anyone else? Am I leaving some things out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 03:02 PM

13,555 posts, read 14,390,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I wonder if everyone will shut the hell up until the "Special" investigation is done and findings are made. Somehow I think not, but they should.

I also wonder if nothing is found or, if there's nothing saying Trump did anything criminal what will those who are constantly harping about this or that do? Will they just say "ok, it's been investigated" or will they just keep bleating about this or that.

All the people that were demanding this need to silence themselves, you got what you were demanding now sit back and let it take it's course no matter which way it falls...
I imagine people will leave it alone to the extent the Birthers left that issue alone. Or the Benghazi issue. Or the Hillary/server issue.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:17 PM

20,204 posts, read 8,022,507 times
Quote:
I wonder if everyone will shut the hell up until the "Special" investigation is done and findings are made. Somehow I think not, but they should.

I also wonder if nothing is found or, if there's nothing saying Trump did anything criminal what will those who are constantly harping about this or that do? Will they just say "ok, it's been investigated" or will they just keep bleating about this or that.

All the people that were demanding this need to silence themselves, you got what you were demanding now sit back and let it take it's course no matter which way it falls...
shut the hell up? Why should we, did you shut the hell up during 18 months of Benghazi investigations?

Old 05-18-2017, 07:19 PM

11,525 posts, read 6,728,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump knew and didn't care or he truly didn't know which makes him a total fool. Pence, I think honestly didn't know about anything. I don't like Pence's ideology at all, but I think he truly didn't know.
https://democrats-oversight.house.go...to%20Pence.pdf

Old 05-18-2017, 07:27 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,346,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
How do you know if anything hasn't been found? Maybe they are keeping it all quiet until all the ducks are in a row.

Then again, maybe they don't have anything at all.

Either way I am happy to see an investigation. Hopefully in the end our country will be stronger because of it.
Because multiple sources including Comey, Clapper, Schiff et al. have all said there's no hard evidence at all. They all maintain something new could emerge, but as I said, with every phone call, email, text, visit, meeting, etc. having been monitored & spied on by every intelligence agency we have, you'd think they'd have found something in 10+ months if there was anything to find.

It's also hard to believe they would or could, keep it quiet if they had anything on him. Given the flood of leaks on everything involving Trump & given the coordinated attack on Trump by the media/intelligence agencies/Democrats & never-Trumpers, it's almost unfathomable that damning evidence would remain quiet.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:42 PM

50,482 posts, read 25,561,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Or as the president would tell Mr. BentBow - WRONG!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/u...stigation.html

As a special counsel, Mr. Mueller can choose whether to consult with or inform the Justice Department about his investigation. He is authorized to investigate “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,” according to Mr. Rosenstein’s order naming him to the post, as well as other matters that “may arise directly from the investigation.” He is empowered to press criminal charges, and he can request additional resources subject to the review of an assistant attorney general.

Seems pretty broad to me.

He reports to the DOJ.....

You see, no charges/indictment can be brought, without a grand jury recommendation to the DOJ.

He can recommend a grand jury look at and let him present his case as to why. But he cannot bring an indictment.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Congress can impeach or replace without the requirement to find a legal wrong doing. It just does not happen.

many Americans don't understand this, they think POTUS is bullet proof, but there are a few ways to remove him. Frankly they can get rid of Trump any day they like, Trump has plenty of conflicts and ethics breaches that would be enough to remove him.

Keep in mind the GOP would not want to do that as they would struggle to retain their seats in 2018 and 2020.

(to the trumpers getting ready to shout NO NO NO , look it the hell up impeachment is easy, and Trump failed to fully separate himself from his businesses which have directly benefitted from foreign monies no profit is required to breach the law)

Old 05-18-2017, 08:02 PM

8,880 posts, read 4,098,549 times
Quote:

I just read that John Brennan (former CIA Director & Obama Terrorism aid) will testify next week .... I will be surprised (not saying it won't happen) if Comey agrees to testify now that Mueller is involved.

As for the Democrats -- they are already "bleating".
Dems Laud Special Counsel, But Say It's Not Enough |RealClearPolitics

Now they want an "Independent Commission" .... whatever that is.
Probably something chaired by Eric Holder.

They are still bleating for "Impeachment" and many saying they will NOT confirm any FBI Director.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:10 PM

8,880 posts, read 4,098,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Because multiple sources including Comey, Clapper, Schiff et al. have all said there's no hard evidence at all. They all maintain something new could emerge, but as I said, with every phone call, email, text, visit, meeting, etc. having been monitored & spied on by every intelligence agency we have, you'd think they'd have found something in 10+ months if there was anything to find.

It's also hard to believe they would or could, keep it quiet if they had anything on him. Given the flood of leaks on everything involving Trump & given the coordinated attack on Trump by the media/intelligence agencies/Democrats & never-Trumpers, it's almost unfathomable that damning evidence would remain quiet.
I expect that part of what Mueller will be looking at are those Illegal Leaks to the Press and the legality of surveillance (by anyone, including Susan Rice, Comey, John Brennan) on a Presidential Candidate and President Elect. We KNOW that Leaks coming from the Intelligence areas are criminal acts.

The integrity of the Intelligence Community has to be restored.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Sounds like Robert Meuller has a lot of work to do, picking up where Comey left off:

Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies