Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 08:38 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Robert Mueller, ex FBI director is heading it. Appointed by Rob Rosenstein.
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...n-russia-probe
Good! Now Trump can stop addressing the BS, and get back to what he's supposed to be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Can't wait to see the list of reasons Democrats come up with to proclaim why this isn't good enough...
All it would do is add to their list of over the top obstruction as they whine about Trumps invented obstruction. The irony is stark.

Mueller is beyond reproach; so, if the left whine about his appointment and do not accept his findings, they'll only be highlighting how disconnected they truly are.

I have a feeling this is going to become a "be careful what you wish for" ordeal for the dems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It didn't work out too well for Nixon.
Nixon had committed a crime and fired the special prosecutor (Cox, Saturday Night Massacre) in an effort to hide the facts. The only ones claiming this has risen to Watergate levels are the very people who invented it.

When you flip through the many MSM channels and they all instantly use the EXACT SAME MEME (the echo chamber) you know their hands are dirty. The new thing is "unnamed sources" which basically allows the keepers of political integrity to be as corrupt as they wish to be with total impunity.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-17-2017 at 08:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 08:39 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,075 times
#Lockhimup

Too soon?

Old 05-17-2017, 08:41 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Good! Now Trump can stop addressing the BS, and get back to what he's supposed to be doing.
Come on now.... what have you seen from Trump that indicates he will just let this go and focus on the issues while being investigated?

He didn't seem to take it well that Comey had "tapes".

Old 05-17-2017, 08:41 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
63 million people voted for Trump. The attempt to usurp the voter's choice under the electoral college rules by the Leftists will not end well. The Progressives would rather destroy the country and democracy.
What's your point? Nixon won in a landslide in 1972. He got more than 500 electoral college votes to McGovern's 17 and 46 million popular votes to McGovern's 26 million.

You know what happened to him, right?

Being elected president doesn't protect a criminal from prosecution and impeachment.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:42 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
This is a big deal.
It's bigly!

Old 05-17-2017, 08:42 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,225,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
He does have business being the POTUS. You know why? Because he won an election that made him POTUS. If you think he doesn't belong there, then you use the same process that put him in there to turn him out. But don't even try to advocate overthrowing a duly elected president for partisan or political purposes, or affirmatively hope he's a crook, and claim you're doing it for the good of the country.
He is in no way qualified and completely out of his league. It has nothing to do with partisan politics.

I never said I hope he's a crook. i don't have to say what's obvious.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:47 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Oh it's PLENTY good enough. Considering the relationship that Bob Mueller has with James Comey.
Yes. It's the above board version of Putin and Trump's relationship. This ought to be interesting. Time to pop the popcorn.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
He is in no way qualified and completely out of his league. It has nothing to do with partisan politics.

I never said I hope he's a crook. i don't have to say what's obvious.
OMG glad I wasn't drinking milk when I read that

YOU may not hope he's a crook, but most of the tribe (just like Waters) have made it their goal to prove him one even if there's no proof to support their insanity.

Trump Syndrome is a valid illness that has affected and infected all progressives.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:08 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,466,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompromat View Post
He can order DOJ fire him. if Rosenstein refuses, he can fire him and replace with someone who does, Nixon style.
This is true. A really smart looking guy who wrote the regs on this (never saw him before, didn't get his name) - said it took him 18 months - was on Rachel tonight saying Trump could fire Mueller. I'd like to see him try. Mueller looks pretty formidable to me. Even Trump has to recognize that. Trump is so far out of his league, now, it's laughable.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Every new Presidential Election should automatically include a Special Counsel from now on I think. For efficiencies sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies