Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 11:46 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
[b]
The person asking the question is a new CongressCritter - Rep. Elise Stefanik, but she managed to expose that Director Comey was NOT informing Congress OR the designated Congress Critters or the DNI charged with "Secret" reports on a quarterly basis about an important investigation.
In the segment of the questioning (linked above) Rep. Stefanik begins by asking director Comey what are the typical protocols, broad standards and procedures for notifying the Director of National Intelligence, the White House and senior congressional leadership (aka the intelligence Gang of Eight), when the FBI has opened a counter-intelligence investigation. Sounds like a smart and reasonable question. The counter-intel investigation, by his own admission, began in July 2016. Congress was not notified until March 2017. That’s an eight month period – Obviously obfuscating the quarterly claim moments earlier.
The parseltongue response from Comey is a generalized reply (with uncomfortable body language) that notification of counter-intel investigations are discussed with the White House, and other pertinent officials, on a calendar basis, ie. “quarterly”.
With the statement that such counter-intel notifications happen “generally quarterly”, and against the backdrop that Comey stated in July of 2016 a counter-intel investigation began, Stefanik asks:
…”when did you notify the White House, the DNI and congressional leadership”?
Comey's answer was not only a LIE, but a silly ridiculous LIE - he said there was no active DNI -which is entirely false- James Clapper was Obama’s DNI.
Unfortunately - Rep Stefanik (who was not a Representative in July 2016 when Comey began the "Secret Investigation on Donald Trump that the Congress was now just discovering) didn't ask the obvious follow up question, which should have been ......
"Director Comey -- we are all aware that their was a Director of National Intelligence in July 2016, his name is James Clapper. I ask again - exactly WHO did your inform and when did you inform them? When was the White House informed, when was the Intelligence Community informed and who initiated an Investigation of Republican Candidate Donald Trump? "Sensitivity" is not a good enough (or normal) excuse to NOT make your mandated Quarterly reports to Congress and an Investigation that is concealed from Congress into a Candidate for President is highly unusual. We need to know WHO charged the FBI to perform this Investigation & Surveillance."
Sir, that is not extemporaneous but is a nearly verbatim quote from 'conservative treehouse' and the 'gotcha' about Comey stating there was no DNI makes perfect sense if you actually listen to the video in which when asked 'when' he notified Congress, DOJ and DNI. and he said he had notified Congress RECENTLY and there is no DNI, which makes perfect sense since he is talking about the time between when Clapper retired and Coats was given the job. He is clearly NOT talking about sometime in 2016. That is why fake news like this only appears on the RWNJ websites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 12:44 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I don't know if it is the greatest, but yeah, definitely a waste of time by a Congress that is unwilling to actually do their job and improve this country. They rather spend time on a memo-to-self by a presidential appointee or a random piece of countless intelligence shared with allies.

Assuming that this investigation goes to its end (whether it is for right or wrong in your eyes, of course) but since most people want to know the TRUTH and it's a good thing from your institutions that they can do EXACTLY that, would you be willing to tell those EXACT words to your grandchildren?

Will they care about the "damn" budget or will they care about your refusal to acknowledge the "what could might" (however that truth might be again) ?

Imagine if it's even worse than you know, will they care that their "patriotic" grandfather didn't care about what this president and his entourage might have done because this very grandather had his ways set so strongly ?

Think about it.

You can't invoke the greatness of the USA while undermining it at every post. You will have to choose. Searching for truth or loyalty to someone who hasn't shown any to you yet?

Country or political conviction (we can't even talk about belief at this point, can we?)

Please think about it (again).

If not, there are a few people's children from decades ago that might have to tell you something.

Don't be sure of anything, but also not of the contrary. That is the mindset of puppets.

Last edited by personne; 05-18-2017 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-18-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
True - BUT the Politicized Obama Department of Justice REFUSED to ever appoint a Special Counsel to managed the Investigation. It's refreshing to see that the Trump Department of Justice is not afraid of an Investigation.

The Democrats have openly said they would not make confirmations and would obstruct all votes UNTIL a Special Counsel was appointed ..... OK, they have that now.

I expect them to get back to work ...... I'm betting they won't.
Can you please explain to me how the democrats even have the power to obstruct anything? They don't even have a majority ! (Unlike the republicans had, when Obama was in power).

Or were you speculating on AFTER 2018 elections? Then, maybe

Can someone also explain me how this thread started from Trump-supporters saying things like this (post #4 !! post #4, I repeat, I'm 316 as I write !):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Can't wait to see the list of reasons Democrats come up with to proclaim why this isn't good enough...

To the same supporters saying the guy in question isn't qualified !

Was it because responses were nowhere what he (they) thought would be?

The owerwhelming responses were "we"re fine with him", we only want the truth. (Too many to cite).

Last edited by personne; 05-18-2017 at 01:43 PM..

Old 05-18-2017, 01:29 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Trump's dropping a huge load in his pants right now... news at 11.
OMG...the imagery of that is just nauseating even for me.

Trump should have asked for a select committee or a special counsel the day after his inauguration. But he didn't. He's made every mistake possible.

If Trump hasn't committed any crimes, the prosecutor will not indicte. Nothing to worry about, right?

So, why was Trump so worried about the investigation?

Why can't Trump let go of Flynn?

We shall see.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:35 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
I wonder if everyone will shut the hell up until the "Special" investigation is done and findings are made. Somehow I think not, but they should.

I also wonder if nothing is found or, if there's nothing saying Trump did anything criminal what will those who are constantly harping about this or that do? Will they just say "ok, it's been investigated" or will they just keep bleating about this or that.

All the people that were demanding this need to silence themselves, you got what you were demanding now sit back and let it take it's course no matter which way it falls...

Old 05-18-2017, 01:43 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Robert Mueller, ex FBI director is heading it. Appointed by Rob Rosenstein.
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...n-russia-probe
To investigate what crime? Why, no crime at all.

“My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted. I have made no such determination. What I have determined is that based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command.”

In other words, he is wasting taxpayer dollars, giving the independent counsel the job of looking for a crime, any crime, and looking for someone to pin it on. Or.... to pick someone, and then to spend a couple years looking for a crime to charge them with.

All because some people hate Trump, think he is capable of colluding with the Russians, even though we have not found a scintilla of evidence to justify these wild accusations. What's next, a special counsel to instigate whether aliens built the pyramids?

Last edited by Wapasha; 05-18-2017 at 01:59 PM..

Old 05-18-2017, 01:45 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Sounds like Robert Meuller has a lot of work to do, picking up where Comey left off:

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/statu...67806589394944

Old 05-18-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I wonder if everyone will shut the hell up until the "Special" investigation is done and findings are made. Somehow I think not, but they should.

I also wonder if nothing is found or, if there's nothing saying Trump did anything criminal what will those who are constantly harping about this or that do? Will they just say "ok, it's been investigated" or will they just keep bleating about this or that.

All the people that were demanding this need to silence themselves, you got what you were demanding now sit back and let it take it's course no matter which way it falls...
That might be an agreement if he kept his mouth SHUT, but he doesn't does he?

Tweeted again this early afternoon (french time). I'm so bullied, poor snowflake.

Couldn't resist talking about HIMSELF in a coastguard speech, yesterday. How shameful

Remember when he did the same thing when giving a medal to a soldier???

He might have a donut crave this night and tweet again while he's awake ?

Maybe people would (I doubt they should) try your solution if he kept his MOUTH SHUT.

But he won't.

Truly, he won't.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:48 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Haters will hate.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:53 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They have done it at least 20 times now.

Counsel is not a prosecutor. Council is a lawyer. Nothing else. One that knows federal statue, policy and protocol. He just looks over the same facts that have already been looked over by the FBI, CIA and the NSA. Who all have said under oath, there is no collusion with the Russian Government, between anyone associated with the Trump campaign.
Special counsel will conduct a thorough investigation of many facets of this controversy. Don't get sidetracked. Many things need to examined. Here are a few:

1. Exactly what the Russians did to disrupt our electoral process.

2. What persons both here and abroad were involved in those attempts.

3. Whether President Trump and any of his staff are connected or involved in any way with these attempts to disrupt the election.

4. Whether communication occurred between anyone attempting to disrupt the election and either President Trump or individuals working on his campaign.

5. How we can prevent attempts in the future by Russian and other countries to disrupt our electoral process.

6. Whether President Trump or anyone working him committed crimes like obstruction of justice when he/they spoke to than FBI Director Comey or anyone working for him.

7. Whether Comey actually has memos documenting attempts by Trump to shut down the investigation of General Michael Flynn.

8. Whether Trump leaked important state secrets to the Russians during his recent meetings.

Anyone else? Am I leaving some things out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies