Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 12:03 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
The Steele Dossier alleges that Trump is basically a puppet of the Kremlin, propped up as a candidate with their support so he can take cash payments for policy. Lesser charges are that Trump and his campaign colluded with Russian government hackers to win the election.

Plus do away with the sanctions against Russia for Putin's actions in the Ukraine. Puppet or Patsy would describe Trump as no way is he intelligent enough to be an actual agent, so the Kremlin just used him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 12:13 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I keep hearing that Trump did something horrible with the Russians, but I can't seem to ever get anyone to say what specifically they think Trump did.

Anyone care to elaborate?
What if all he did was get in over his head?

And what if that resulted in him being a useful idiot, by bragging about classified into to Russian Diplomats?

What if it led him to ignore obvious warnings about Flynn, and that allowed a compromised person (Flynn) access to even more info?

What if his experience as a business owner gave him zero experience in politics, causing him to make countless mistakes that were very detrimental to the USA?

And what if there are many more examples like the ones above, that may not have been intentional to start with, but he tried to cover them up, or somehow keep them muted, and THAT caused him to do even worse things?

I've been pretty vocal that I don't think Trump is a willing traitor. I think he's an idiot, an A-hole, and a slimeball of a human being. I think he's used to calling all the shots, and making his own rules. And mostly, I think he got in over his head, and his pride did not allow him to seek help. Instead, he dug in his heals, and has allowed an embarassing amount of ignorance (not a crime) turn into a lot of really dishonest things.

I think some of the recent ones, (Potentially intimidating Comey in private meetings, leaking classified info to the Russians, Potentially asking Comey to drop the Flynn investigation, etc.) are possible grounds for impeachment, and possibly indictment.

That's a lot of rambling to say that it's not "what he did with the Russians", it's simply "what he did". If his supporters would quit trying to micro-define the charges, and just look at the trends of his actions, I think you would have to see a person who is far more loyal to his own ego than he is this nation. And I believe that has led him to do some things that are way outside the law, and certainly outside the scope of being a good president.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:22 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
He has been hiding his dealings with the Russians through his whole campaign and Presidency, enough so to fire several top administration appointees, and should be impeached.

Specifically, what do you think Trump did with the Russians'?
Pedro,

Specifically, What did you think Trump did with the Russians?

Old 05-19-2017, 09:42 AM

381 posts, read 642,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

And what if that resulted in him being a useful idiot, by bragging about classified into to Russian Diplomats?

What if it led him to ignore obvious warnings about Flynn, and that allowed a compromised person (Flynn) access to even more info?

What if his experience as a business owner gave him zero experience in politics, causing him to make countless mistakes that were very detrimental to the USA?

And what if there are many more examples like the ones above, that may not have been intentional to start with, but he tried to cover them up, or somehow keep them muted, and THAT caused him to do even worse things?
Exactly. At what point do we as Americans, say "enough is enough"?

Here is a man who has never been accountable to anyone else. He is employed by the American people to carry out his constitutional duties.

At some point, it becomes obvious he is compromising our national standing, potentially putting American lives in harm's way, taunting Congress and other government officials, and not being forthcoming about his dealings with foreign nations.

I think he is already losing the country in terms of support. Of course, the die hard supporters will always post on message boards and call in on talk radio and claim a "liberal agenda" is targeting him. But I don't think the majority of the country sees it as a "witch hunt".

Old 05-19-2017, 09:45 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
They don't know.

They are just extremely mad and still can't accept that Hillary lost that they have to push this idea that this was a stolen election. So they say that Russia stole it from
Tjem

Old 05-19-2017, 10:21 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You're the problem.....I heard slick willie had an airplane ride on a pedophiles plane....crap....that's true.....
Trump on Epstein - “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump told New York Magazine for a 2002 profile of Epstein. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Trump Friendship With Jeffrey Epstein Given A Pass By Media | The Daily Caller

Last edited by jacqueg; 05-19-2017 at 10:51 AM..

Old 05-19-2017, 10:25 AM

1,896 posts, read 810,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

I've been pretty vocal that I don't think Trump is a willing traitor. I think he's an idiot, an A-hole, and a slimeball of a human being. I think he's used to calling all the shots, and making his own rules. And mostly, I think he got in over his head, and his pride did not allow him to seek help. Instead, he dug in his heals, and has allowed an embarassing amount of ignorance (not a crime) turn into a lot of really dishonest things.

I think some of the recent ones, (Potentially intimidating Comey in private meetings, leaking classified info to the Russians, Potentially asking Comey to drop the Flynn investigation, etc.) are possible grounds for impeachment, and possibly indictment.

That's a lot of rambling to say that it's not "what he did with the Russians", it's simply "what he did". If his supporters would quit trying to micro-define the charges, and just look at the trends of his actions, I think you would have to see a person who is far more loyal to his own ego than he is this nation. And I believe that has led him to do some things that are way outside the law, and certainly outside the scope of being a good president.
Then he really isn't mentally fit to be president and Congress could remove him.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:27 AM

1,896 posts, read 810,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
They don't know.

They are just extremely mad and still can't accept that Hillary lost that they have to push this idea that this was a stolen election. So they say that Russia stole it from
Tjem
That's why a Republican controlled Congress finally decided to use a special counsel?

Old 05-19-2017, 10:30 AM

589 posts, read 381,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
That's why a Republican controlled Congress finally decided to use a special counsel?
Quite possibly, a lot of secrets from the Dem side might be exposed as well. We shall see.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
What I exactly think Donald Trump did with the Russians is borrow several billion dollars for his real-estate extravaganzas without a hope of being able to pay them back. Now he did bankrupt from similar debt to the NYC banks as is legal under American law. I doubt that is an option when borrowing from the Russian Kleptocracy.

The Russian Mob owns Donald Trump and is squeezing him for everything he is worth politically, socially and financially. I bet he thought he was sharing highly classified secrets with the Russian Ambassador in order to reduce the pressure from Putin. I doubt if it had any effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies