Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 08:12 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I certainly don't want that. I have to believe that the majority of Americans are actually sane moderates (call me an optimist...) - not fringe-nonsense-believing people as some try to paint both sides as.

We need a less divisive person to lead the country. And someone that understands what the word "compromise" means.

Splitting the country up would be INCREDIBLY disastrous. I also think some of the people clamoring for it would be in for some really rude awakenings (from all sides).
So you genuinely believe our divisions and political/cultural differences are fixable? I just don't see it. I don't see what would be so terrible about having a relationship like we currently have with Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 08:15 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Why is this the Dems fault? The media is using Trumps own words and actions. And you can't speak for all of Trump supporters, you have no clue what they all must be thinking and feeling.
Oh brother. If Trump said the weather is nice,the Dems would attack him with climate change propaganda. Trump had TWO SCOOPS OF ICE CREAM. Get my drift?

Old 05-17-2017, 08:17 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I hate to say it but at this point I almost welcome more and more chaos , it's the only way a real right wing party will come into being and right wingers , nationalists etc. see how pathetic the Republican Party really is .

The republicans are weak and a joke , it is hard to tell who even won the election and that the republicans were handed the most victories in 100 years. They have been very weak

This pathetic budget with no money for a wall but plenty of foreign aid, welfare etc, democrats tell them to hold hearings on "Russian influence " and they meekly obey when Susan rice should be before congress , every time there is some fake news or some media generated controversy about trump they just stay silent or flee

. the republicans were never serious about illegal immigration , outsourcing etc

The more it falls apart, the better for the far right
I don't think Mr. Bannon is in the line of succession if that's what you're getting at here?

Old 05-17-2017, 08:17 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
HE WAS ALREADY PRESIDENT! What about that do you fail to understand?

Jesus Christ, you people can dish it out but you SURE cannot take it.
Exactly

Old 05-17-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
So you genuinely believe our divisions and political/cultural differences are fixable? I just don't see it. I don't see what would be so terrible about having a relationship like we currently have with Canada.
Can't happen. The Democrats decided on getting their power through division of races,class,and religion. That is how they think today. It was not like this a few decades ago.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:20 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,018,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Thank Bill Clinton for shipping their jobs overseas and to Mexico. I have been to many towns where the people tell me the last factory closed. One sees and hears plenty on cross country trips on a Harley. Small towns where main Street becomes a ghost town because no jobs and no money.
Lol Did you even read it? They didn't have their jobs shipped overseas.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:21 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Oh brother. If Trump said the weather is nice,the Dems would attack him with climate change propaganda. Trump had TWO SCOOPS OF ICE CREAM. Get my drift?

Oh, yeah, we get it, kinda like "did the Obamas steal the WH silverware ?" Got it.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:23 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,018,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I've heard of Kiryas Joel, it is basically the Orthodox Jewish version of Colorado City, Arizona (the town run by the Fundamentalist Mormons). And most of the people in the town not only don't work, but have huge families (the average family in the town has 8 to 10 children). And no one wants to do anything about it, in fear of being called an anti-semite.
People are trying but they are so organized in their hustle and vote in blocs so no one can win without their votes. It is a disaster over here.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I hate to say it but at this point I almost welcome more and more chaos , it's the only way a real right wing party will come into being and right wingers , nationalists etc. see how pathetic the Republican Party really is .

The republicans are weak and a joke , it is hard to tell who even won the election and that the republicans were handed the most victories in 100 years. They have been very weak

This pathetic budget with no money for a wall but plenty of foreign aid, welfare etc, democrats tell them to hold hearings on "Russian influence " and they meekly obey when Susan rice should be before congress , every time there is some fake news or some media generated controversy about trump they just stay silent or flee

. the republicans were never serious about illegal immigration , outsourcing etc

The more it falls apart, the better for the far right
The establishment Rino's are a bunch of wusses. They make me sick.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's clear this poster is actually threatening the majority of the country. Interesting playing those kind of odds, isn't it?
Now that's a strategy that somehow seems stunningly familiar? I can't quite put my finger in it but ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies