Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 01:26 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
I don't believe that is how Diplomatic Immunity works.

If Erdogan's thugs force their way into White House and try to beat Trump, nobody can touch them either? Will the secret service be put into jail if they dare to stop them?
In that scenario the jurisdiction is changed.

From the NBC report that I linked to above in previous post:

"It's unclear how much of the altercation outside of the Turkish ambassador's residence took place on embassy property."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 12:12 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,244,561 times
On the other thread, that was closed, there was quite a few people on CD supporting what Erdogan's thugs did, others thought it wasn't a big deal calling it a mere scuffle. That's messed up.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:38 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
On the other thread, that was closed, there was quite a few people on CD supporting what Erdogan's thugs did, others thought it wasn't a big deal calling it a mere scuffle. That's messed up.
Where is the other thread that is closed? I'd like to see who said what.

As for this...I'd like to see video before the attacks started. Of all of the videos I've seen, it only shows the attacking, not what happened in the minutes before.

IF anti-fa actually was protesting peacefully, then no, they shouldn't have been beaten down like that.

I do feel that people need to see this and understand why this happened, what "diplomatic immunity" means, and ask them to think long and hard about who they are asking to be allowed in to this country. As these articles stated, these are people who do not recognize "freedom of speech" and have used violence to shut people down. Do we really want more of that here? Because that is how those more will act, even without diplomatic immunity.

I hate anti-fa, and usually enjoy watching them get their arses kicked...but they did not deserve any of this if they were peaceful and did not attack anyone first. Even if they had started it, which I'm not saying that they did, these attacks were over the top. I mean, damn, that one guy was on the ground while the people just kept kicking him. That's not acceptable...not even for anti-fa pukes.

I wonder when Lacy is going to get a clue. I read her site sometime last week about her time in Turkey with her little Turkish "friend". How many times does she have to be attacked at the hands of people like this before the light comes on? She's unbelievably stupid. She already lived through this when she was in Turkey...how did she not understand that she could be attacked here at their embassy? She didn't deserve it, not saying that, I'm saying, "get a flippin' clue, Lacy! How many more times do you need someone from Turkey attacking you?"

Old 05-20-2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Where is the other thread that is closed? I'd like to see who said what.

As for this...I'd like to see video before the attacks started. Of all of the videos I've seen, it only shows the attacking, not what happened in the minutes before.

IF anti-fa actually was protesting peacefully, then no, they shouldn't have been beaten down like that.

I do feel that people need to see this and understand why this happened, what "diplomatic immunity" means, and ask them to think long and hard about who they are asking to be allowed in to this country. As these articles stated, these are people who do not recognize "freedom of speech" and have used violence to shut people down. Do we really want more of that here? Because that is how those more will act, even without diplomatic immunity.

I hate anti-fa, and usually enjoy watching them get their arses kicked...but they did not deserve any of this if they were peaceful and did not attack anyone first. Even if they had started it, which I'm not saying that they did, these attacks were over the top. I mean, damn, that one guy was on the ground while the people just kept kicking him. That's not acceptable...not even for anti-fa pukes.

I wonder when Lacy is going to get a clue. I read her site sometime last week about her time in Turkey with her little Turkish "friend". How many times does she have to be attacked at the hands of people like this before the light comes on? She's unbelievably stupid. She already lived through this when she was in Turkey...how did she not understand that she could be attacked here at their embassy? She didn't deserve it, not saying that, I'm saying, "get a flippin' clue, Lacy! How many more times do you need someone from Turkey attacking you?"
This video shows what happened just before the attack - man in suit talks to person in side Erdogan's car (so most likely Erdogan), then talks to other man in suit with moustache, appearing to give him an order, and moustache man then runs down to where the rest of the bodyguards are and then you see them starting to rush across the road to attack the protesters. https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...otesters-in-dc

I'll have a look for that other thread now

Old 05-20-2017, 12:50 AM

Here it is Erdogan's bodyguards in violent clash with protesters in Washington

Old 05-20-2017, 01:07 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Maybe our cops should have busted out the tear gas. Against the protesters of course. Not the cops fault that the breeze carried the tear gas right into Erogdan's thugs' position.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:11 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
This video shows what happened just before the attack - man in suit talks to person in side Erdogan's car (so most likely Erdogan), then talks to other man in suit with moustache, appearing to give him an order, and moustache man then runs down to where the rest of the bodyguards are and then you see them starting to rush across the road to attack the protesters. https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...otesters-in-dc

I'll have a look for that other thread now
Thanks. So they were simply marching and yelling their mantras...that's freedom of speech, even if others don't like what is being said. Looks like they were on the street...is that not a public street? Then they had the right to be there and not get the tar beaten out of them.

Quote:
A couple of people have disappointed me, one...he's not a member anymore...but those people do not encompass "all these Conservatives".

The extreme disgust for antifa that many people have makes some people say things that are pretty gross. I hate antifa. Absolutely hate them. But from the video, it doesn't look like a lot of antifa were there. The people that I saw getting kicked and beaten did not look like the typical antifa people.

Even were it an entire crowd of antifa, because they did not attack, it still would not have been deserved. Had this been a crowd of antifa acting the way that they did in other areas, hitting people over the head with bike locks, sticks, setting off m-80s...I would definitely be less sympathetic, but I do agree with one poster on that closed thread. We are all Americans...we should not be condoning what these foreigners did to fellow Americans.

And no, it wasn't just a scuffle. This was full on beating and kicking people hard. That's a brawl, not a scuffle.

Old 05-20-2017, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Thanks. So they were simply marching and yelling their mantras...that's freedom of speech, even if others don't like what is being said. Looks like they were on the street...is that not a public street? Then they had the right to be there and not get the tar beaten out of them.

A couple of people have disappointed me, one...he's not a member anymore...but those people do not encompass "all these Conservatives".

The extreme disgust for antifa that many people have makes some people say things that are pretty gross. I hate antifa. Absolutely hate them. But from the video, it doesn't look like a lot of antifa were there. The people that I saw getting kicked and beaten did not look like the typical antifa people.

Even were it an entire crowd of antifa, because they did not attack, it still would not have been deserved. Had this been a crowd of antifa acting the way that they did in other areas, hitting people over the head with bike locks, sticks, setting off m-80s...I would definitely be less sympathetic, but I do agree with one poster on that closed thread. We are all Americans...we should not be condoning what these foreigners did to fellow Americans.

And no, it wasn't just a scuffle. This was full on beating and kicking people hard. That's a brawl, not a scuffle.
There was just one Antifa person there, the rest were people who had every right to protest there, in a public area (they were just across the street, seemed to be a park or something, some kind of grassy open area anyway). I really hope someone in charge mans/womans up and kicks the Turkish Ambassador out - America should not tolerate such behaviour by guests of your country. Glad you agree that it was out of order, I think most people whether Right or Left, when thinking sanely and not out of hate, would think the same.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:59 AM

27,140 posts, read 13,429,141 times
The Turkish Ambassador will no doubt have to answer to the US Government regarding the events and there may be a warning that any repeat of such violence on US terrirory will be met with a more robust response.

I am all for just closing Embassies in terms of nations whose diplomats continually cause problems, the alternative being a Consulate where most staff don't have diplomatic immunity and which deals with practical problems such as lost passports etc rather than diplomatic relations.

Embassy Security also has no power outside of the Embassy itself and it's grounds, and the Turks have violated the Vienna Convention through their recent actions and should be punished.

I think most people would be shocked by the extent of diplomatic immunity in their country, for instance in the UK alone there are an estimated 22,500 people in who are entitled to diplomatic immunity, with the vast majority being based in London Embassies.

Should diplomats still have immunity? - BBC News

Diplomats in UK 'avoiding prosecution for serious crimes' | Guardian

Old 05-20-2017, 10:31 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
This one a skirmish, has broke out between the two sides. Protestor says, this is not Turkey, this is America, you can not do that here, shame on you. Police get both sides separated, protestors begin the chants again standing on the curb, after that, game on ...

Fight In Front Of Turkish Embassy Housing In DC Between Erdogan Protesters and Supporters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies