Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supbro13 View Post
The fact that illegal border crossings are down 73 percent is very scary. The US is saving way too much money by not having more illegal immigrants.

Cop killings are at near record lows in 2017... people are frightened that so few cops are being murdered and hope Black Lives Matter comes back ...

Lower taxes, border security, protecting the police are terrifying positions for a president to take. It has to be stopped. Trump has to go. He's so mean. We need a president like Obama, where every 2 weeks there's a mass shooting at an airport, or ISIS shoots up a gay club.

Trump literally scares me.
^^^ Yep that about says what Democrats stand for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 09:41 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
When ill informed voters put a guy in the WH who openly said that he could shoot someone on 5th Ave in broad daylight and won't lose one supporter, what would you have expected otherwise?

Old 05-17-2017, 09:42 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Democrats and Liberals are making Putin a very happy man.
I see it's "I know you are but what am I" day for the jihadist right wing. This would be why you have no credibility.

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
The House of Representatives approves two articles of impeachment against President Bill Clinton, charging him with lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice.

President Clinton impeached - Dec 19, 1998 - HISTORY.com

But at this point... what difference does it make?
Just pointing out that hyperpartisanship is nothing new, and is on-going, and has nothing to do with wanting an independent investigation into the Trump campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
When ill informed voters put a guy in the WH who openly said that he could shoot someone on 5th Ave in broad daylight and won't lose one supporter, what would you have expected otherwise?
I didn't exactly like that. But I dislike what Democrats and Liberal media are doing even more and it's not going to bring me over to their side of the isle.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:43 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
I didn't exactly like that. But I dislike what Democrats and Liberal media are doing even more and it's not going to bring me over to their side of the isle.
You didn't exactly like that?

Old 05-17-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Just pointing out that hyperpartisanship is nothing new, and is on-going, and has nothing to do with wanting an independent investigation into the Trump campaign.
Oh I don't care about the investigation that's been going on since June of 2016 but geez, can you tone it down a bit. Trump sneezes .. Democrats scream Impeach lol

Oh yes, I heard Democrats make a big deal out of Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream.. For gods sake, chill! It's ridiculous and isn't winning people over.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You didn't exactly like that?
I dislike what Democrats and Liberal media are doing even more and it's not going to bring me over to their side of the isle.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:47 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Partisanship is nothing new; there was an impeachment attempt on Clinton over lying about an extramarital affair that had nothing to do with governmental policy. Republicans who put up such a roadblock against all Obama judicial appointments Dems were forced to use the nuclear option on federal judges just to make the courts functional again. Republicans shutting down the government for weeks because they didn't want to compromise on a federal budget.
Need I go on?
Partisanship at this level hasn't been seen in quite some time.

BTW, if you believe Clinton was impeached over sex, you are pretty ignorant of what happened. He committed perjury during a legal proceeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
So what is supposed to happen? There is more in question at this point than just who Trump has borrowed from.

An investigation is underway. The man appointed as Special Counsel is widely respected by people on both sides of the aisle. Let the investigation play out. The people who are demanding Trump's removal without proof are wrong, but so are the people who are unwilling to recognize that there may be wrongdoing, the ones who come on here and say he should suspend Congress and declare martial law (yes, some have.)

I agree that the hostile tone of politics today is troubling. Hell, I just read a post where someone was literally calling for a fight to the death, which is beyond disturbing. But is that a reason to not try to find out the truth of the matter? There is a huge problem here, but it isn't the process.

I don't know if you remember Watergate, but it seems to me that the system served us pretty well then.
I'm quite happy independent counsel was appointed; however, I don't know if the conclusions of Myeller will be accepted either way it might go.

My initial impression is that there will not be enough evidence (take your pick as to why) to impeach him, and due to the lather so many people are worked into, I think it will be a powder keg. Combine this with what the press is doing, and we could see unprecedented riots that will require National Guard response causing it to escalate out of control.

I'm also quite fearful of the possibility of Trump actually escalating the North Korea tensions as a way to help deal with this. I can see him thinking "Well, if we are on the brink of war, that'll force them to concentrate on what's important."

You bring up Clinton, which is appropriate, because he went on his bombing campaign as such a distraction.

Like I said, this crazy fervor is getting out of control and quite dangerous.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:48 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
I dislike what Democrats and Liberal media are doing even more and it's not going to bring me over to their side of the isle.
No worries. You'd probably get voted off the isle, anyway, if you are that blind in your devotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies