Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 10:23 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You might scan the threads on CD, watch the news, hop around the internet or just listen to people talk.
Are you deliberately being obtuse? I asked you to clarify what YOUR specific beef on this specific thread is.

Is it, as it appears in your first post, that you think the impeachment talk is about Trump's Russian debts? Because that's like saying Nixon's impeachment charges were about a burglary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 10:24 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,927,812 times
Quote:
Let's start with this. I didn't vote for Trump. I don't like him as a person. He is a liar. He is a jackass. I don't trust him. I was always annoyed seeing his smug face promoting his dumb show.

I did like many of his promises, but I never believed he would really try to accomplish them.

I'd rather have Pence in the WH.

That being said, what is currently happening is horrible for our country. The vicious partisanship where you have millions calling for impeachment due to convincing themselves that at one time he may have gotten loans from Russia and somehow owes Putin is insanity.

Do any of these fools understand that this won't end if Trump is impeached? It is going to devolve into such vindictiveness that I fear we could have a Constitutional crisis and actually see a coup, even a military coup.

I get that people are upset that this clown is in the WH. I get that it's scary to many people; however, it should be even more scary as to what this crazy, I mean insane, divisiveness could very easily lead to.

I think half this country would accept impeachment based on nothing more than resentment without understanding the inherent danger of it.

I just don't think many people see what can happen here and how troubling this is.

Exactly what Russia wants by helping to elect a useful idiot in charge. They WANT the US to become destabilized. The ultimate goal of Russia IS probably to get their puppet impeached, because they know it'll incite unrest.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:25 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Honestly, the fact that talk of breaking up the United States is done on such a matter of fact manner is worrisome. I've seen threads on here several times throwing out such notions. Such a divorce would be quite ugly.

BTW, I know we've been more divide which is why I said in modern times.
What's the fix though? What institutional mechanism is there that addresses this rancor and division that gets worse with each passing election? Is some magic candidate going to appear that makes us all work together?

I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful to you, but I genuinely do not see how we improve things without a wholesale paradigm shift. Or a return to true federalism, but we all know that won't happen.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:27 PM

23 posts, read 14,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
There are Trump supporters on here calling for civil war if Trump is impeached by a Republican congress, and you think it's Democrats who oppose the peaceful transfer of power? That is just...I have no words.
He won't be impeached...

Old 05-17-2017, 10:27 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Let's start with this. I didn't vote for Trump. I don't like him as a person. He is a liar. He is a jackass. I don't trust him. I was always annoyed seeing his smug face promoting his dumb show.

I did like many of his promises, but I never believed he would really try to accomplish them.

That being said, what is currently happening is horrible for our country. The vicious partisanship where you have millions calling for impeachment due to convincing themselves that at one time he may have gotten loans from Russia and somehow owes Putin is insanity.

Do any of these fools understand that this won't end if Trump is impeached? It is going to devolve into such vindictiveness that I fear we could have a Constitutional crisis and actually see a coup, even a military coup.

I get that people are upset that this clown is in the WH. I get that it's scary to many people; however, it should be even more scary as to what this crazy, I mean insane, divisiveness could very easily lead to.

I think half this country would accept impeachment based on nothing more than resentment without understanding the inherent danger of it.

I just don't think many people see what can happen here and how troubling this is.

He's "draining the swamp". The county has been getting "torn apart" for years.

He's doing exactly what I voted him in for,

And I knew there was going to be a backlash against any TRUE opposition to the special interests running that have been running this country.

Sorry if you can't read between the lines.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:31 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
You might scan the threads on CD, watch the news, hop around the internet or just listen to people talk.
You should take your own advice if you are going to continue to ignore people telling you that this isn't remotely just about whether Trump may have had loans from Russia at some point, which is so far the only thing you've cited as the basis for the current investigation - which as you've been reminded, is from a Trump-appointed assistant attorney general naming a well respected Special Prosecutor.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:34 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
What's the fix though? What institutional mechanism is there that addresses this rancor and division that gets worse with each passing election? Is some magic candidate going to appear that makes us all work together?

I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful to you, but I genuinely do not see how we improve things without a wholesale paradigm shift. Or a return to true federalism, but we all know that won't happen.
I think the only fix is reasonable people speaking out and hopefully reigning in the people who are normally reasonable but have gotten caught up in the madness.

Of course, a huge obstacle is the press. They have shirked pretty much all journalistic integrity for agenda and ratings.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:34 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,278,941 times
Quote:

The internet, especially places like this forum, is full of drama-queens. Liberal or conservative, right or left.
It is simple really. Just because you have people screaming impeach for little to no reason does mean this is what is going to happen and on the flip side just because another corner scream it does not matter what Trump does and they are behind him no matter what, or believe the accusations to be fake, if there is something that warrants impeachment it will be done. Relax.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:36 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Oh I agree. I don't talk politics with people IRL that often but I've made people angry when they are frothing about the latest scandal or bombshell and I don't agree because I just find it all amusing. Dangerously amusing but still... I'd rather see the humor in absurdity than pretend there's actually something I can do about it.
I feel the same way...almost.

I don't see any danger in anything that may or may not happen. Then again my only hope is that the State collapses.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:39 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
He's "draining the swamp". The county has been getting "torn apart" for years.

He's doing exactly what I voted him in for,

And I knew there was going to be a backlash against any TRUE opposition to the special interests running that have been running this country.

Sorry if you can't read between the lines.
The swamp is overflowing and more murky than ever, Washington is more chaotic than ever these days. He is too caught up in controversies and scandals to be draining anything. He is absolutely overwhelmed by the swamp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies