U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 10:52 PM

5,937 posts, read 2,089,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS2753 View Post
Being "White Trash" is most often used by Whites referring to other Whites, so I guess I'm missing the racial aspects of this story.

Chu's ethnicity doesn't apply here. This is an issue of a woman who apparently has preached inclusion and acceptance of different social classes, who has demonstrated the complete opposite behavior on an internet site. What race she is, or the race of the individuals she demeaned in her reviews, isn't the issue.
I suspect her disdain for working class whites is mostly a product of the upper class white liberal culture she inhabits, but her Chinese heritage likely also plays a role... hard to say without knowing more about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 11:10 PM

17,324 posts, read 7,009,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It's called since this woman put down white people cause they were "white", she gets a small pass. If she put down especially Black people, even hoot rats, the same way, the SJW's would be calling for her head.
That you had to explain something so obvious as that, is sad.

Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM

10,795 posts, read 4,924,663 times
LOL on this thread IMO both the ridiculous comments of that dean the response from people to her comments.

Will note that her being fired probably won't even be a big deal depending on her contract. She'll more than likely be paid anyway if she's fired so she'll come out on top.

I just find this post ironic considering many of the posters here like to pit Asians against black people and place them on a pedestal of being a "model minority" then want to villify her because she is Asian for talking ill about white people.

Just interesting, the above, considering the tone of this forum regarding Asians in that they are alright as long as they don't say anything about whites. Talk about how better they are than blacks or Latinos though, and they're okay.

There are racist, prejudiced people of all backgrounds and especially people who are in these upper class echelons in my experience. This is not surprising to me and one of the main reasons why I like living in lower income areas. People are nicer and not elitist and just friendly and down to earth.

Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM

24,992 posts, read 13,642,190 times
The first thing you need to know about the person who thinks that they are better than others is that deep down they are experiencing feelings of inferiority for they never managed to reach some of their important goals.

By mocking those people and humiliating them the insecure person eases some of his emotional turbulence. It's a fact that cowards don't compliment others because they are too afraid to be left behind if people did what they believe they can't do themselves

Some people NEED to put others down in order to hide their own insecurities.

I doubt the REAL SUCCESSFUL people need to put others down in order to feel good about themselves.

The ones who brag about their status are actually NOT one of the "elites". (the ones who put others down are not the elites either) They might have some level of success in life, but nothing really changes the feelings of inferiority. I've never met one true elite in real life. :P (wait, maybe 1 or two, that is about it)
by the way, just because you are a lawyer, a professor, a doctor, or graduated from certain schools, doesn't mean you are the elite. At one time in our history, these professions are comfortable middle class.

Like my mom always said, true confident people have no problems complimenting others; or making fun of themselves. They don't have to put others down in order to feel good about themselves.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; Yesterday at 07:27 AM..

Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM

9,518 posts, read 6,318,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
She's been suspended, which is code for 'we had to take action but we're not getting rid of her'.
I am all for accepting apologies and moving on but this woman has issues that really need to be considered by Yale administrators. Especially considering her position and what she teaches.

Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM

824 posts, read 133,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
If by "own" you mean "flailing at and projecting on others" then you are correct.

You're missing the bigger picture here, sport. I don't care what some Asian woman in Connecticut says on Yelp. My point is to lampoon the hypocrisy of "diversity"-obsessed institutions like Yale, especially an institution charged with shaping tomorrow's presidents, senators, judges, captains of industry, et cetera.

I'm obviously up against the Jedi master of stupid. I concede.
again playing stupid. You just admitted you don't care what she said, so you came in here just to say "ghetto" and try to take a shot at black people. Now you're mad because for some reason. LMAO. Next time respond the thread topic, and stop with the coded irrelevant language.

Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM

42,335 posts, read 32,940,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's understandable if she didn't think she could get in trouble for making those remarks.
There are lots of examples of people making racist or at least derogatory class commentary comments or bad "jokes" get a free pass to some extent because they themselves are "minority".

I think we all understand and appreciate that had this been a white guy from Yale he'd already be long gone if he'd been mocking a minority group.

This double standard will eventually erode but IMO not before doing a lot of damage.

My concern isn't that the person attacked whites but that I've heard a lot of really derogatory attitudes expressed between minority groups. It's damaging to society imo and should never be "excused".

Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM

2,117 posts, read 546,190 times
I always hated the term white trash. Never used it. I am black and Hispanic and would never use that phrase. It's time whites stop using that phrase amongst themselves. For me it's like when blacks call each other *****rs. Such terms being used by some only embolden others to use it.

Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM
AFP

4,455 posts, read 2,228,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I always hated the term white trash. Never used it. I am black and Hispanic and would never use that phrase. It's time whites stop using that phrase amongst themselves. For me it's like when blacks call each other *****rs. Such terms being used by some only embolden others to use it.
What's the proper word then for white people with horrible grammar, uncouth social habits and generally a very low level of education.

Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM

1,549 posts, read 232,531 times
When will we learn to set aside our differences and hate all trash people equally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies