U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 01:50 PM

2,291 posts, read 624,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
What's the proper word then for white people with horrible grammar, uncouth social habits and generally a very low level of education.
Just that a person with horrible grammar, uncouth social manners. But look at our president, he is rich and lacks in social skills. He spells OK, I guess since his sentences are so short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 01:57 PM

3,931 posts, read 3,376,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I always hated the term white trash. Never used it. I am black and Hispanic and would never use that phrase. It's time whites stop using that phrase amongst themselves. For me it's like when blacks call each other *****rs. Such terms being used by some only embolden others to use it.
White trash isn't a racist term. If the time calls for it, I'll call black or hispanic people ghetto too in a similar fashion.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:13 PM

2,291 posts, read 624,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
White trash isn't a racist term. If the time calls for it, I'll call black or hispanic people ghetto too in a similar fashion.
It's still a ugly vile phrase. It's elitist and I guess the term ghetto is too. Yet, money doesnt equal class. Growing up and living in the South Bronx, I can tell you many of my neighbors have more breeding and social grace then rich people in the Hamptons.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:01 PM

19,927 posts, read 9,884,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I always hated the term white trash. Never used it. I am black and Hispanic and would never use that phrase. It's time whites stop using that phrase amongst themselves. For me it's like when blacks call each other *****rs. Such terms being used by some only embolden others to use it.
Def a good question tho; many of us white people DO use "white trash" against mostly low class anglos but, many even darker skin "Hispanic" looking people sometimes use AND catch that slur as well as real light skin "Blacks".

The crazy thing is a LOT of the true "PWT" kind ain't all "white" many times, quite a few are part American Indian.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:12 PM

25,946 posts, read 14,050,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Def a good question tho; many of us white people DO use "white trash" against mostly low class anglos but, many even darker skin "Hispanic" looking people sometimes use AND catch that slur as well as real light skin "Blacks".

The crazy thing is a LOT of the true "PWT" kind ain't all "white" many times, quite a few are part American Indian.
I doubt this thread is about the different shades of color.

This woman is an arrogant (and she really has no reasons to be) individual who knows nothing about culture.
I doubt she really knows anything about interpersonal relationships.

In here, HER definition of "white trash" means "low class white folks" in my opinion. (in another word, she is implying she is one of the high class folks lol whatever "high class" means)

SOME (I said SOME, not all, so don't jump down my throat) children of poor immigrants from third world countries like to feel superior about themselves by putting other people down. Like I said, they might have some level of success in life, but they still feel insecure. I've seen it often.. Unfortunately.

Insecurities in a relationship usually stem from deep-seated personal issues. For example, a lot of asian people like to call mixed Asians wanna be whites, when most mixed kids can care less about colors or races. lol

I have two types friends. 1. trust fund babies 2. The so called Whiskey Tango

I have friends who actually own Italian restaurants, I also have friends who struggle to pay bills. I love them all because they are all very good people. I never judge people based which restaurant they go to. I don't know anybody who judge people based on which restaurant they go to. LOL I guess the world is a crazy place.

A true successful and cultured person never has to put others down; just like real smart people never call others stupid.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-19-2017 at 03:34 PM..

Old 05-19-2017, 04:00 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,454,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Do you mean it's ok for her to have these opinions, just that they remain secret?
Most of us have various opinions that aren't fit for public consumption. Most of us are smart enough to keep our mouth shut.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:05 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,454,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
I'm anti-white trash too. Who isn't?
Come on. There's entire regions of the country where it's the accepted lifestyle, and something to be proud of.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:39 PM

12,456 posts, read 12,372,110 times
Come to the Dirty-spoKOMPTON, the term White-Trash is VERY fitting.

Every Southside-W199@h has a disgusting Boomcar......and that is just one example of the trashiness of this area.......mainly Whitetrashopolis, that is the Dirty-spoKOMPTON.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:58 PM

11,758 posts, read 13,344,356 times
Japanese people put corn niblets and sliced hot dogs on pizza and call it "American style pizza" so...

Old 05-19-2017, 07:43 PM

25,946 posts, read 14,050,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Come to the Dirty-spoKOMPTON, the term White-Trash is VERY fitting.

Every Southside-W199@h has a disgusting Boomcar......and that is just one example of the trashiness of this area.......mainly Whitetrashopolis, that is the Dirty-spoKOMPTON.
and I am pretty sure they all love Japanese food lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies