Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:33 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,873,610 times

Advertisements

The posts, published over the course of the last few years, referred to customers as “white trash” and “low class folks” and to some employees as “barely educated morons.”

“If you are white trash, this is the perfect night out for you!” Chu wrote in a review about a Japanese restaurant, which she said lacked authenticity but was perfect for “those low class folks who believe this is a real night out.”

“Side note: employees are Chinese, not Japanese,” added Chu, who identifies in one review as Chinese American. In another restaurant review she said, “I guess if you were a white person who has no clue what mochi is, this would be fine for you.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...2925c#comments

Pot: meet Kettle!

A dayglo white skin "Asian" calling other white people "white trash". LMAO!

Ms Chu: you need to have your people of color card yanked since you're lighter skin than many anglo white people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 09:41 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,773,000 times
Fail.

How can you be so careless when you have a job in the public eye.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:54 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,741,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

Ms Chu: you need to have your people of color card yanked since you're lighter skin than many anglo white people.
She has the typical coloring of a Chinese person, which is completely beside the point anyway. "White trash" can be used by anyone as a racial insult.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,873,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
She has the typical coloring of a Chinese person, which is completely beside the point anyway. "White trash" can be used by anyone as a racial insult.
In some of the old Jim Crow states; at least light skin Asians WERE counted as "white".

Old 05-17-2017, 10:28 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,741,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Fail.

How can you be so careless when you have a job in the public eye.
If something is wrong, it's wrong regardless of whether or not people find out you did it.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:36 AM

39,073 posts, read 27,493,476 times
Quote:
The posts, published over the course of the last few years, referred to customers as “white trash” and “low class folks” and to some employees as “barely educated morons.”

“If you are white trash, this is the perfect night out for you!” Chu wrote in a review about a Japanese restaurant, which she said lacked authenticity but was perfect for “those low class folks who believe this is a real night out.”

Side note: employees are Chinese, not Japanese,” added Chu, who identifies in one review as Chinese American. In another restaurant review she said, “I guess if you were a white person who has no clue what mochi is, this would be fine for you.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...2925c#comments

haha, at least this Chinese knew what authentic Japanese food was, but she failed to address most Japanese restaurants are operated by the Chinese. (at least in the U.S.) (not like there is anything wrong with it though, there are more Chinese in the U.S. )

Asian in America at least is the code word for Chinese. If you are an Asian, you are automatically Chinese.

All these being said, she should have chosen her words carefully.

Bold: I am 1/4 Japanese and didn't know what mochi was until I visited Japan for the first time in my life. I guess knowing mochi is a requirement of being cultured.

LOL what a joke!

ps pink bold, at least, Chu was honest :P

I don't understand this "I am the elite" mentality. My grandpa always said, there are only two classes, the owning class and the working class. Overwhelming majority of us pretty much belong to the same class. LOL Who is the elite? give me a break

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-18-2017 at 09:55 AM..

Old 05-18-2017, 02:40 PM

2,242 posts, read 2,999,098 times
Another example of an idealogue, not applying their beliefs to their everyday life.

It's difficult to understand in 2017, an educated person in a responsible position, being dumb enough to post such vitriol on a public high traffic website, with her name attached to it.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:42 PM

129,255 posts, read 11,963,437 times
arrogant w*tch

Old 05-18-2017, 02:44 PM

7,796 posts, read 6,370,140 times
Quote:

and probably her driver's license, too.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,558,570 times
She's been suspended, which is code for 'we had to take action but we're not getting rid of her'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies