Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 04:20 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,317,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
You're the one who reflexively leapt from A to B. Don't try to project your own prejudices onto someone else. Own them.
I own that people like you say codewords like "ghetto" to mean black. Just say how you feel about an Asian woman talking reckless about whites, but do it without bringing blacks into it like you did. Stop playing stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 04:25 PM

4,243 posts, read 7,144,721 times
I'm anti-white trash too. Who isn't?

Old 05-18-2017, 05:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,835,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
do not bring "ghetto" or black people into this. Not today. LMAO.

just don't try to use black people to filter your actual thoughts. please not today. LOL
It's called since this woman put down white people cause they were "white", she gets a small pass. If she put down especially Black people, even hoot rats, the same way, the SJW's would be calling for her head.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:08 PM

22,597 posts, read 24,409,835 times
No shock, Asians voted for(80% for Osama) and helped put POTUS-Osama into office twice.

Most Asians are liberal Demorats.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:10 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,867,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The posts, published over the course of the last few years, referred to customers as “white trash” and “low class folks” and to some employees as “barely educated morons.”

“If you are white trash, this is the perfect night out for you!” Chu wrote in a review about a Japanese restaurant, which she said lacked authenticity but was perfect for “those low class folks who believe this is a real night out.”

“Side note: employees are Chinese, not Japanese,” added Chu, who identifies in one review as Chinese American. In another restaurant review she said, “I guess if you were a white person who has no clue what mochi is, this would be fine for you.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...2925c#comments

Pot: meet Kettle!

A dayglo white skin "Asian" calling other white people "white trash". LMAO!

Ms Chu: you need to have your people of color card yanked since you're lighter skin than many anglo white people.
She sounds like an annoying, judgemental, and racist human - but I don't see any "color card" being played by her.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:12 PM

29,429 posts, read 16,347,009 times
Quote:
It's called since this woman put down white people cause they were "white", she gets a small pass. If she put down especially Black people, even hoot rats, the same way, the SJW's would be calling for her head.
Are you saying the Social Justice Warriors were wrong then , or that they are right now.... Because you have put yourself in an interesting situation either way.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:13 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,317,708 times
Quote:
again, why are you bring blacks into it? Just say how you feel without taking shots at black people. why is this so hard to do?

Old 05-18-2017, 06:26 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,020,336 times
Quote:
we know where you were going with "ghetto". Don't play stupid.

Just say how you feel about what she did without bringing blacks into it. Again don't play stupid.

Fair enough- so what if someone at Yale referred to a low-quality Chinese restaurant as "full of obnoxious panfaces"? How would THAT go over?? Would people be so "he/she is entitled to a private life" or "remember free speech" about it THEN??

I've used the white trash or bogan term a ton, I've used it, been called it, etc. doesn't really phase me I can laugh at myself along with the rest of the world; my real gripe is the constant double standards.
non-white can use pejoratives or racial slurs ad nauseum (because it's social justice and long overdue equality) but flip that and knickers get knotted up.
Retroactive justice/equality doesn;t solve a dang thing, it just fans the flames of resentment and anger

Old 05-18-2017, 10:02 PM

9,902 posts, read 5,568,316 times
Quote:
I own that people like you say codewords like "ghetto" to mean black.
If by "own" you mean "flailing at and projecting on others" then you are correct.

Quote:
Just say how you feel about an Asian woman talking reckless about whites, but do it without bringing blacks into it like you did.
You're missing the bigger picture here, sport. I don't care what some Asian woman in Connecticut says on Yelp. My point is to lampoon the hypocrisy of "diversity"-obsessed institutions like Yale, especially an institution charged with shaping tomorrow's presidents, senators, judges, captains of industry, et cetera.

Quote:
Stop playing stupid.
I'm obviously up against the Jedi master of stupid. I concede.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:46 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,711,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS2753 View Post
Another example of an idealogue, not applying their beliefs to their everyday life.

It's difficult to understand in 2017, an educated person in a responsible position, being dumb enough to post such vitriol on a public high traffic website, with her name attached to it.
Prior to the 2016 presidential election, how many people at Yale, etc., cared, or even realized that they were supposed to care, about denigrating white working people? She's hypocritical, of course, but then so is the whole culture she's part of. It's understandable if she didn't think she could get in trouble for making those remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies