Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 11:24 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
No one that I know of actually thinks the Russian interference actually affected the outcome, but we are pissed that they hacked our election at all. They hacked the RNC, too. They just didn't release their stuff, because it wasn't in their interest to do so..
Truth to power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 11:26 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
If it weren't for the electoral college, Hillary would be president now. The CIA, FBI, and the NSA all have proof that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians who preferred him over Hillary in the election. Comey is the wildcard in all this. If it were not for Comey, Hillary might well have been elected. If it were not for Comey, Trump would not be in anywhere near the hot water he is in now. Let us all hope for the sake of our country that the Special Investigator gets to the truth behind ALL of this.
Do you know something that the oversight committee doesn't know of?

Old 05-17-2017, 11:30 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
They don't say this outright but is this basically what they are trying to say?
Nope. Everyone who voted for Clinton knows the election is over for good and there will never be a replay. Most of her voters never even went there after she conceded the election on election night.

The left is like the right. There was similar shock when Romney lost in 2012, and some conservatives wanted a re-do of that election, but most Romney voters unhappily accepted the loss. That's what happened in 2016. Clinton's voters weren't happy with the outcome, but only a relative few protested. Hitting the streets is what liberals tend to do in bigger numbers than conservatives.

Thinking that Clinton and her supporters are trying to find a way to put her into the White House is nothing but conservative paranoia. It makes for a convenient excuse for Trump's behavior, but there is no truth in it.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:44 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,596,975 times
Quote:
They don't say this outright but is this basically what they are trying to say?
Oh hell yes.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:54 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,715,223 times
I don't know that she *would* have been President, but the hacking does provide a question mark. Hopefully the investigation will put that question to rest.

As for the whole notion of removing Trump and putting Clinton in his place--I really don't see that as feasible, because even if the investigation were to show the hacks affected the outcome, putting her in the White House would just keep the question mark, only on her administration instead of Trump's.

But I have to say, I don't think we've had a situation quite like this before--if it were found out for certain that Trump only became President because of the Russians, what would be the correct course of action? Remove Trump and have Pence take over? The problem there is Pence is only VP because of that same interference. Advise Clinton she was rightfully the President all along? Again, that would just create the same doubt. Have a special election?

I'm rambling, I know--it's late and I'm tired, but I did find myself wondering about this.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:44 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm saying we shouldn't tolerate one iota of Russian interference of any sort in our elections or any other government function.
Regardless of who ran, who won, we should immediately and harshly respond (sanctions, non-negotiable) to any such attempt. Putin is NOT, never has been, never will be our ally.

How come Obama didn't give a crap about Russian interference until Hillary lost?

Old 05-18-2017, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Nope. Everyone who voted for Clinton knows the election is over for good and there will never be a replay. Most of her voters never even went there after she conceded the election on election night.

The left is like the right. There was similar shock when Romney lost in 2012, and some conservatives wanted a re-do of that election, but most Romney voters unhappily accepted the loss. That's what happened in 2016. Clinton's voters weren't happy with the outcome, but only a relative few protested. Hitting the streets is what liberals tend to do in bigger numbers than conservatives.

Thinking that Clinton and her supporters are trying to find a way to put her into the White House is nothing but conservative paranoia. It makes for a convenient excuse for Trump's behavior, but there is no truth in it.

Democrats are the ones saying they only lost because of The Russians. They are the ones that sound conspiratorial

Old 05-18-2017, 12:50 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Democrats are the ones saying they only lost because of The Russians. They are the ones that sound conspiratorial
Not sure why a Republican would ever say they won because of Russian involvement, so I'm not sure I see your point.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Not sure why a Republican would ever say they won because of Russian involvement, so I'm not sure I see your point.

Please explain what the Russians did exactly?

Old 05-18-2017, 12:55 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Please explain what the Russians did exactly?
As a 47 year old guy living in South Carolina, not sure why you think I would know what happened exactly since I never said anything of the sort. I'll gladly leave that up to the professionals in the Beltway. But if I ride by a car accident at an intersection, I may not be able to tell you "exactly" what happened, but I can tell you it's a wreck.

And the Trump presidency is a wreck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies