U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-19-2017, 03:51 PM
 
58,609 posts, read 22,674,712 times
Reputation: 11427

Advertisements

Just do what you are told and no one gets hurt.

Officer accused of offering to dismiss tickets in exchange for nude photos | khou.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2017, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
1,355 posts, read 372,914 times
Reputation: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Are there bad cops? Yes. Does this make officer Shelby wrong? No. Why would you refer to other cases that have nothing to do with Shelby? If you have a beef with cops, you should create a thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 05:45 PM
 
Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
18,421 posts, read 18,665,320 times
Reputation: 13023
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Are there bad cops? Yes. Does this make officer Shelby wrong? No. Why would you refer to other cases that have nothing to do with Shelby? If you have a beef with cops, you should create a thread.
You will never convince him as (in his mind) there is NEVER a time when a cop hurts a citizen that can be justified.
You're right, there are bad cops and good cops. The jury found her not guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 06:04 PM
 
1,236 posts, read 241,721 times
Reputation: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

I'll add one as well..."Just do what you are told and no one gets hurts"



man in yellow still got shot. When he asked the cop why he shot him...."I don't know".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 07:24 PM
 
Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
18,421 posts, read 18,665,320 times
Reputation: 13023
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I'll add one as well..."Just do what you are told and no one gets hurts"



man in yellow still got shot. When he asked the cop why he shot him...."I don't know".
Yep, sadly it happens. Your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 08:35 PM
 
58,609 posts, read 22,674,712 times
Reputation: 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Are there bad cops? Yes. Does this make officer Shelby wrong? No. Why would you refer to other cases that have nothing to do with Shelby? If you have a beef with cops, you should create a thread.
For the unknown number of times......the argument was "just do what you are told".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 08:38 PM
 
58,609 posts, read 22,674,712 times
Reputation: 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yep, sadly it happens. Your point?
Before things were being recorded they would have said he made quick moves towards them, they felt threatened and got away with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:43 PM
Status: "Fly the W" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Suburb of Chitcago
12,359 posts, read 6,155,422 times
Reputation: 15181
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Before things were being recorded they would have said he made quick moves towards them, they felt threatened and got away with it.
In your mind, he would have been shot no matter what, because in your mind, cops are always to blame.

Had he complied, chances are good to great that he'd be alive today.

Continuously posting videos of other incidents do not change that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 03:36 AM
 
58,609 posts, read 22,674,712 times
Reputation: 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
In your mind, he would have been shot no matter what, because in your mind, cops are always to blame.

Had he complied, chances are good to great that he'd be alive today.

Continuously posting videos of other incidents do not change that fact.
One's chances should be better than "good".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 04:51 AM
 
2,528 posts, read 1,164,403 times
Reputation: 4300
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
One's chances should be better than "good".
If you are doing what you are told you have a 99.9% chance of everything turning out fine. I know listening is a very difficult thing for some to follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top