U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:00 AM

3,212 posts, read 778,672 times

Advertisements

Cops should be held to the same standard to which civilians are held. They should face the same intensity of investigation that we do.
This will never happen. The department is too concerned about wrongful death law suits.
Then there is the brotherhood that looks out for each other.
We need the FBI to investigate every cop related shooting. We can not have the police investigate their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 07:00 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
17,634 posts, read 18,089,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is no excuse for lying. Who was at risk here?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.148e72a8f845

Just do what you are told? He was doing what he was told to do and had done nothing wrong to start with.

Most doesn't cut it. Generally doesn't cut it. Stop the lies.
Evidently she didn't lie as the jury said "Not Guilty". Now if you have some evidence to the contrary PROVING she lied (which you obviously don't) instead of just your hate of the Police you should pass it on to the investigators.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:01 AM

3,598 posts, read 2,494,287 times
Quote:
It was clear....the window was closed. She lied.
I watched the video several times and it appeared to me that Crutcher was extending his arm towards the driver's side door. If he wasn't reaching in the window he could have been reaching for the door handle. Hard to say for sure. Copchick was twitchy and probably panicked. I seriously doubt she wanted to shoot the guy.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:03 AM

4,450 posts, read 4,445,398 times
The proof is in the video. The man was ordered to put his hands up and stay still. Instead he retreated back to his vehicle and once by the drivers side door appeared to reach for something. How hard was it to obey that simple order?

I would have shot him too.

I've been pulled over and stopped by police a number of times. Each and every time I complied and always kept my hands either on the steering wheel or where the officer can see them if I'm outside of the vehicle. It's not rocket science people.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:08 AM

17,375 posts, read 8,427,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I watched the video several times and it appeared to me that Crutcher was extended his arm towards the driver's side door. If he wasn't reaching in the window he could have reaching for the door handle. Hard to say for sure. Copchick was twitchy and probably panicked. I seriously doubt she wanted to shoot the guy.
She said, she felt he was on drugs, test results show that he was. Why is the PCP be ignored by some on here? Why would anyone be able to keep walking when the police woman asked him to stop. Is this an option to choose what you will do and won't when a PO is asking, or was it because she is a woman police officer, and he felt he didn't have to obey.

Strange for some to think ALL police officers lie, even, when the shooting was caught on video!

Old 05-18-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I watched the video several times and it appeared to me that Crutcher was extending his arm towards the driver's side door. If he wasn't reaching in the window he could have been reaching for the door handle. Hard to say for sure. Copchick was twitchy and probably panicked. I seriously doubt she wanted to shoot the guy.
I've read that the window was closed but looking at the video, it does seem to appear that he reached into the vehicle via an open window with his left arm. And if not into the window he was definitely reaching for something.

Sad that he's dead but he did himself no favors given his actions. Even my dog knows to sit when I tell him to sit. How hard is it to just stand still with your hands in the air?

Old 05-18-2017, 07:21 AM

55,753 posts, read 21,171,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yeah, it really is sad that so many made this about race.

Your continuous posts that she lied, doesn't make it so, but keep posting that over and over to fit your b.s. narrative.
We see it in example after example.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:22 AM

55,753 posts, read 21,171,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I've read that the window was closed but looking at the video, it does seem to appear that he reached into the vehicle via an open window with his left arm. And if not into the window he was definitely reaching for something.

Sad that he's dead but he did himself no favors given his actions. Even my dog knows to sit when I tell him to sit. How hard is it to just stand still with your hands in the air?
That is exactly what the guy in Florida was doing when the police officer shot him.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
That is exactly what the guy in Florida was doing when the police officer shot him.
One case has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

The man was given an order. He disobeyed that order. He retreated back to his vehicle and acted in a suspicious manner by reaching for something. Now he's dead because of his actions.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:31 AM

3,598 posts, read 2,494,287 times
Quote:
There have been a number of bad (unjustified) police shootings in recent years. But this case doesn't fall into that category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies