U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:54 AM

2,359 posts, read 2,598,797 times

Advertisements

Not sure she should have fired, but I was not there of course. Seems if he had just complied though, we wouldn't have anything to talk about here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 08:08 AM

2,468 posts, read 620,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
it wouldn't be a story.
and the cop would not have been charged.
Good comeback, but I still believe cops frequently get away with murder.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:35 AM
Status: "Fly the W and NOW I know what the P stands for!" (set 10 days ago)

10,642 posts, read 5,474,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post

True. But that has nothing to do with this case.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:42 AM

3,648 posts, read 530,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The moral of the story here is if you are a police officer, just lie, you will likely get away with it.
The moral of the story is simply comply regardless if you are right or not. The "right" of it can all be ironed out once you are sitting in front of the chiefs desk with your lawyer.

Now, a reasonable person would comply, but considering this guy was on PCP, I think it is clear to say that criminal drug users don't comply.

There is no argument for you here, you are wrong, the guy was high on PCP, he failed to comply, now he is taking a dirt nap.

I would say, all and all, it was a good day.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Then you would be ignorant of reality.

Let me ask you a question...

Was Rodney King treated unfairly in his arrest?

This will show your knowledge of issues.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Not sure she should have fired, but I was not there of course. Seems if he had just complied though, we wouldn't have anything to talk about here.
While the PCP knowledge is after the fact, the problem with these issues is that an officer has no idea what to expect when a person does not comply. They don't know if the person is mentally ill, stupid, trying to kill them, high on drugs, or dangerous or not. They really just do not know.

This is key to the next point people fail to understand. A police officer is not required to risk their life for another. They are not required by law to place themselves in any elevated danger in their job. This is why they are not a "protection" role, they are legally and constitutionally merely administers of the law.

Having seen many reports on incidents concerning PCP I can tell you that the last thing you want to be is near someone on that crap. It is bad stuff, so bad that to even be on it automatically establishes the user as legally insane while under the influence.

Now as unfortunate as it is that this guy was shot for not complying, lets not excuse his responsibility here. He CHOSE to use an ILLEGAL DRUG which is known for causing legal insanity.

This really is a situation of "stupid is as stupid does" and there is no justification in it.

People need to comply, or deal with the fallout, regardless if they are right or wrong... consequences will be measured.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:55 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
17,325 posts, read 17,907,533 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say "frequently" but would agree it does happen. I would certainly say they "frequently" get away with abuse of power and assault though...

Old 05-18-2017, 09:02 AM

25,755 posts, read 15,317,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The moral of the story here is if you are a police officer, just lie, you will likely get away with it.
What was her lie?

Old 05-18-2017, 09:06 AM

25,755 posts, read 15,317,644 times
We don't know exactly what happened before backup arrived but that was one big dude high on PCP and I am sure the officer realized he was unpredictable.

PCP is a dissociative drug. People high on it do not realize reality and will behave according to their hallucinations.

While under the influence of PCP, people are more likely to act aggressively or violently against others or themselves.
PCP Effects | Short Term, Long Term & Side Effects

Old 05-18-2017, 09:10 AM

7,599 posts, read 8,391,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Went to a jury and obviously they believed what she said. Next time listen to the cops.
There is no point in bringing this up. Doesn't matter. In the mind of the hardcore leftist, the criminal is always in the right, should be free to commit any crime as he/she sees fit, and should never be confronted or inhibited from doing so. The cop is always wrong and may as well put the pistol muzzle to his/her own head and pull the trigger, rather than trying to stop the crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies