U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 09:46 AM

11,001 posts, read 5,632,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
While the PCP knowledge is after the fact, the problem with these issues is that an officer has no idea what to expect when a person does not comply. They don't know if the person is mentally ill, stupid, trying to kill them, high on drugs, or dangerous or not. They really just do not know.
Which gets back to my point in what she DID know:

She knew he wasn't complying with her commands to stop.
She knew he wasn't talking to her and telling her what he was doing or what his intentions were.
She knew he was walking toward his car, not away from it.
She knew he looked 'off'.
She knew, from where she was standing, that it appeared he was reaching into his car window.

Taking all of those knowns into consideration, the only conclusion that can be drawn is that he was probably reaching for a gun.

To deny this is sheer idiocy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
This is key to the next point people fail to understand. A police officer is not required to risk their life for another. They are not required by law to place themselves in any elevated danger in their job. This is why they are not a "protection" role, they are legally and constitutionally merely administers of the law.
This is a common sense point. To social justice warriors, there is no common sense. There just isn't. And in most cases, they'll go against (fill in the blank, whether it's American's, cops, rights of Americans, rights of women who are suppressed or who have been groped, etc.) in favor of the opposite, every time.

It's like they live in some topsy-turvy world they think is normal. I've never encountered such screwed up thinking in my life than we're seeing exhibited from SJW's in today's world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 09:53 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,548,336 times
White kids and grown folk using heroin and pills and it's a tragedy that we need to treat medically.

Black man on PCP? Clearly a personal moral failing that makes his like contain less value. Nothing will change until cops and their loved ones suffer the repercussions of these actions whether they be legal, financial, or otherwise.

It's telling that outside of my hometown I feel safer bumping into a gang member shoulder to shoulder than I do walking on the other side of the street from a cop.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:57 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,057,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
White kids and grown folk using heroin and pills and it's a tragedy that we need to treat medically.

Black man on PCP? Clearly a personal moral failing that makes his like contain less value. Nothing will change until cops and their loved ones suffer the repercussions of these actions whether they be legal, financial, or otherwise.

It's telling that outside of my hometown I feel safer bumping into a gang member shoulder to shoulder than I do walking on the other side of the street from a cop.
You are a lot more likely to get killed by a gang member than a cop. But hey if you are more comfortable that way then enjoy the company.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:00 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,548,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You are a lot more likely to get killed by a gang member than a cop. But hey if you are more comfortable that way then enjoy the company.
I'm more likely to die in a plane crash too...

Old 05-18-2017, 10:05 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,057,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
I'm more likely to die in a plane crash too...
We will all die of something.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:09 AM

7,866 posts, read 8,504,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I've never encountered such screwed up thinking in my life than we're seeing exhibited from SJW's in today's world.
It is the result of today's "educational system," which has been in the business of indoctrination since at least the mid nineteen eighties--some succumb (the SJW) and some don't. It's only going to get worse, because as we've clearly seen the past few months, the "swamp" does not want to be drained. The copperheads and water moccasins will not relinquish their infestation without a huge fight.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:23 AM

55,870 posts, read 21,220,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
There have been a number of bad (unjustified) police shootings in recent years. But this case doesn't fall into that category.
There was no reason to shoot him.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
If it was a white man killed in this instance, I wonder if this cop would be getting so much support? I'm a white Christian conservative, by the way.
It's never my place to question someone on this but.....as a Christian I only care about an unjustified taken of a life, not what color they are.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
way wrong story. that's about the healthcare worker in Miami. that has nothing to do with the OLKA shooting of the guy on PCP who was stopped in the middle of the road refusing to comply with the police.

PS your linked story has 2 important points.
1. Thank God the guy lived.
2. That was an awfully bad shooting...
Again....not the first time....the argument was "just do what you are told". I showed where even if you do what you are told you might get shot.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Pk, you'd be of much more use and impact to preventing police abuses if you actually picked the clear cut cases and pointed out the need for reforms.

Instead, you pick up any case that comes along and then champion it even if you have to try to prove guilt by referencing other cases as "examples".

You're not helping a serious issue, you're creating smoke for it.

#harshtruth
There were two other officers there and neither one saw a need to kill the guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies