Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 12:18 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,856 times

Advertisements

Pence knew all about Flynn and other stuff. Won't look good for him during a election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 06:15 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,856 times
What if Pence is angling to usurp his boss ?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:23 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
I think Pence is the Anti-Trump for the republicans. He's more by the book and thus stays away from the drama. He could also be just letting Trump hang himself. Pence would be another boring President in the WH which is totally OK in my book given the side show we have now.
Exactly. I agree with other posters as well; people don't even know what a VP does. Many of Trump's staff are trying to distance themselves from him while they polish their resumes. In the wise words of, well, someone (there's debate over who that someone is,) "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Pence has the keys to the kingdom in hand just by standing by and saying and doing nothing. Who would want to defend him anyway? Not even Melania is coming to his rescue, and Spicer is looking pretty weary as well.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:36 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,087 times
Perhaps the republicans are hoping that pence won't be too badly stained in all this, so that in the event that he has to take over, the country (more or less - what I really mean is the remaining republicans) can get behind him? Of course, the 'other side' is probably worried that the Rs will get behind him, and then the R agenda will get even further to the right and some of if will be successfully passed. Of course, there is also the possibility that the 2018 elections could change the composition of congress, state & local, and then the dems could have a field day. Either way? As one of trump's aides said "it's F****ed".

Old 05-19-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
What if Pence is angling to usurp his boss ?
Well, pence is a consummate Professional Politician with a capital "P". By definition, he IS looking to usurp his boss. You really can't expect anything else from a Professional Politician. He is probably sweating profusely right now, hoping that he avoids becoming caught up in the investigation. Time will tell.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
With all the stories and controversy surrounding virtually everyone in the Trump administration and anyone in congress close to the administration somehow Pence has emerged virtually unscathed. Does this at all seem odd? Is he really just that much better than everyone else at staying away from controversy or is there something more orchestrated going on here?
Uh, because he hasn't done anything wrong.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
With all the stories and controversy surrounding virtually everyone in the Trump administration and anyone in congress close to the administration somehow Pence has emerged virtually unscathed. Does this at all seem odd? Is he really just that much better than everyone else at staying away from controversy or is there something more orchestrated going on here?

Pence is either a blithering idiot or he just goes out and lies for Trump over and over. Neither is a good look for a future President.

Since a certified letter was sent to the Trump transition team and Pence headed that team - how could he NOT know about Flynn? Also, Flynn it appears is going to testify that he TOLD everyone about his foreign dalliances; he didn't even TRY to keep it a secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
guess... speculate.. guess more, here.. paint these nails this way... Speculate... Oh a nice trim above the ears please...

guess, more speculate... put a gun to own head... pull trigger...

Seriously, you people act like a bunch of gossip hounds.

FFS I hate the Internet with all its idiots.

I mean, what ELSE is this forum for? No one makes you come here and read the posts. It's ALL endless speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's almost certain Flynn will be indicted and prosecuted. He wanted immunity and is now refusing to answer a subpoena. There's a good chance it will emerge that Pence, who was an active member of Trump's transition team vetting and hiring people, was fully aware of Flynn's double agent status with Turkey and helped cover it up.
Bingo. I hold Pence more accountable than Trump since he's been in government before and presents himself as a pious Christian. Ugh.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Pence is the "fair-haired boy" of the GOP religious right, so I believe he is protected. Any Republican that isn't siding with Trump is going to have an agenda that includes seeing Pence move into the Presidential slot to move the agenda of the far religious right ahead. This is NOT a good thing.

I like Pence, even have strong religious beliefs myself, but I support the separation of church and state and believe that the Dems/liberals are "shooting themselves in the foot" by not embracing Trump. Everyone needs to understand how hardcore religious Pence is, and I don't think many get what is happening behind the scenes with the GOP.

So, yes, they are shielding Pence.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:16 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
I've noticed a concerted effort by the GOP to try to distance Pence from any of the shenanigans in Trump's inner circle. They claim, like Schultz, that he knows nothing. He was kept in the dark, they tell us. They need a "clean" Pence to take over when they decide its time to pull the plug on Trump.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Pence is the "fair-haired boy" of the GOP religious right, so I believe he is protected. Any Republican that isn't siding with Trump is going to have an agenda that includes seeing Pence move into the Presidential slot to move the agenda of the far religious right ahead. This is NOT a good thing.

I like Pence, even have strong religious beliefs myself, but I support the separation of church and state and believe that the Dems/liberals are "shooting themselves in the foot" by not embracing Trump. Everyone needs to understand how hardcore religious Pence is, and I don't think many get what is happening behind the scenes with the GOP.

So, yes, they are shielding Pence.
Whew! Yeah... no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies