U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 01:40 PM

44,285 posts, read 31,319,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Synthetic is illegal and very dangerous. It has killed some people out here.
Or worse the synthetic may be continually altered to stay ahead of being illegal with no regard for what problems it may cause.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 01:58 PM

2,291 posts, read 613,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Or worse the synthetic may be continually altered to stay ahead of being illegal with no regard for what problems it may cause.
Another reason why the real marijuana should be legal. Plus milder strains of marijuana then what is typically available can be made available at a cheaper price then synthetics. I would smoke weed but it's too damn potent today. If I was to smoke I would want a very mild high, like a low dose of a muscle relaxer or a two cups of wine. Even the strains of weed most available today is crafted to be potent today.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:01 PM

10,184 posts, read 7,335,284 times
For everyone asking why this thread was posted in P&OC, I can't speak for the OP, but there are some comments that have made this very political and it would have been locked in Current Events or moved here anyway. Some people just can't stay on topic and must throw in unrelated political jabs. Current Events is pretty dead because so many posters mention Obama or Trump and it just gets out of hand. Also, given the recent string of terror attacks by terrorists using cars or trucks driving through crowds, it makes sense that one might initially think someone mowing down pedestrians in TIMES SQUARE was a terror attack, and terrorism is political in nature.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:35 PM

11,522 posts, read 13,230,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Synthetic Cannabis!? I am out of the loop since I don't do drugs I thought it was all grown. Pot is supposed to relax you not get aggressive.
'Synthetic marijuana' is a name given to any number of lab-created chemical compounds whose chemical structure allows them to bind to cannabinoid receptors in the brain.

In nature, only compounds present in the cannabis plant (marijuana), including THC, are able to bind to those receptors, but scientists have developed new chemicals with radically different structures that also bind to the receptor.

Another way to look at it is the cannabinoid receptors in your brain are like a door lock. The cannabinoids in marijuana, such as THC, are your family members and they all have a key to the door lock so they can come in. You know what to expect from them. They relax you, they make you feel at ease, and they can reduce pain or symptoms of illness.

But then a locksmith (a scientist) made copies of that key, but instead of giving the key copies to your predictable, related family, he gave them to strangers (unrelated psychoactive compounds) called Spice, K2, and others. Some of these guys, like your family, make you feel good, but sometimes they go crazy and rape, murder, and otherwise act out.

Even though they have the key to your door, they are not family.

tl;dr synthetic marijuana does not replicate the effects of marijuana, it only has a chemical structure that lets it into your brain through marijuana's 'door'.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:17 PM

10,184 posts, read 7,335,284 times
^ Yeah it really shouldn't be called synthetic marjiuana. The name IMO makes the drug sound a lot nicer than it actually is.

This could be a rumor, but from what I've heard, synthetic marijuana can give someone the type of high they'll never come out of. It changes the brain.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:30 PM

365 posts, read 121,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
'Synthetic marijuana' is a name given to any number of lab-created chemical compounds whose chemical structure allows them to bind to cannabinoid receptors in the brain.

In nature, only compounds present in the cannabis plant (marijuana), including THC, are able to bind to those receptors, but scientists have developed new chemicals with radically different structures that also bind to the receptor.

Another way to look at it is the cannabinoid receptors in your brain are like a door lock. The cannabinoids in marijuana, such as THC, are your family members and they all have a key to the door lock so they can come in. You know what to expect from them. They relax you, they make you feel at ease, and they can reduce pain or symptoms of illness.

But then a locksmith (a scientist) made copies of that key, but instead of giving the key copies to your predictable, related family, he gave them to strangers (unrelated psychoactive compounds) called Spice, K2, and others. Some of these guys, like your family, make you feel good, but sometimes they go crazy and rape, murder, and otherwise act out.

Even though they have the key to your door, they are not family.

tl;dr synthetic marijuana does not replicate the effects of marijuana, it only has a chemical structure that lets it into your brain through marijuana's 'door'.
I just have a glass of wine and work on something to get a high.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:03 AM

11,522 posts, read 13,230,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
I just have a glass of wine and work on something to get a high.
Sounds reasonable, just be careful. Your drug of choice is the most common correlate to premature accidental death and general, anti-social violent behavior.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:32 AM

17,925 posts, read 12,425,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
You are really cheerleading for this to be terrorism! Scolding people who post there is no evidence that is not and even attempting to refute police reports that say it is not terrorism. Gimme a break!
Wrong. What I said was that it wasn't confirmed. The fact that you think waiting for actual proof equates to "cheerleading for terrorism" tells me everything that I need to know about you.

My point was, don't even bother with your holier than thou attitude against the OP when so many on the left jumped right on in and started saying that Trump created this false flag to redirect attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
Speeding car mows down pedestrians in Times Square | New York Post

The Latest: Navy veteran in custody after Times Square crash - ABC News

26 year-old Richard Rojas is a notary, a navy veteran, and U.S. citizen. But keep flucking that chicken!

Not a terrorist. Not an illegal alien. He's a scumbag alcoholic and/or has PTSD.

You and they are 2 sides of the same exact coin. Enjoy!
In what way? I never said, "boy I sure hope this is terrorism!" Nor did I say it was. At any time. What I said was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Here's the driver who did this:

Thank you. It gets so frustrating when some people act like everything is nothing without any information at all.
And this:

Quote:
"Likely" is the keyword. The NYPD have not confirmed anything.

That's called: Let's wait for actual facts, right now it's an assumption. (At the time of posting.) Too often people take one thing said in the media and run with it as if it's truth. Too often people see a segment of something and run with it as if it's the truth. Since we cannot rely on our media to tell us the truth, we have to wait until the actual facts come out...not base it on whatever the media says that very second.

That is not even close to being the same as idiots who immediately got on to social media and started claiming that this was a false flag by Trump. Which I then showed you...clean up your own house first before you slam on the OP. And while you owe me an apology for insinuating that I wanted this to be terrorism, I will not accept it. Your idiotic post says so much about you.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:45 AM

22,953 posts, read 15,962,236 times
Quote:
Wrong. What I said was that it wasn't confirmed. The fact that you think waiting for actual proof equates to "cheerleading for terrorism" tells me everything that I need to know about you.

My point was, don't even bother with your holier than thou attitude against the OP when so many on the left jumped right on in and started saying that Trump created this false flag to redirect attention.

In what way? I never said, "boy I sure hope this is terrorism!" Nor did I say it was. At any time. What I said was this:

And this:

That's called: Let's wait for actual facts, right now it's an assumption. (At the time of posting.) Too often people take one thing said in the media and run with it as if it's truth. Too often people see a segment of something and run with it as if it's the truth. Since we cannot rely on our media to tell us the truth, we have to wait until the actual facts come out...not base it on whatever the media says that very second.

That is not even close to being the same as idiots who immediately got on to social media and started claiming that this was a false flag by Trump. Which I then showed you...clean up your own house first before you slam on the OP. And while you owe me an apology for insinuating that I wanted this to be terrorism, I will not accept it. Your idiotic post says so much about you.

So because SOME liberals were being *******s and OP was totally incorrect in his assumptions (the two are not at all related - REALLY), you feel you have the right to tell every liberal on this thread that they aren't allowed to voice an opinion until we "get our own house cleaned up"?

Girl please. If that is rubric you are using for permission to state opinions, the right has a long, long, long way to go. From where I stand your house isn't just a mess, its a disaster area.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:04 AM

1,711 posts, read 3,180,463 times
Quote:

And this:

I OWE YOU AN APOLOGY???

Oh man, thank you for my first belly laugh of the day. This is deliciously dramatic. It is soap operatic. You are sooooooo 3 seconds away from slapping me, throwing your champagne in my face, and turning on your designer heel to storm out of the drawing room as the organ music plays. Maybe I should send you that apology in the form of a singing telegram. Along with maybe a muffin basket and an Edible Arrangements. Will you accept an apology then?

I am familiar with your posts. The reason you are so triggered right now is because, for all the huffing & puffing you've been doing about "actual facts", you know deep down, that you are just as rabidly partisan and blindly influenced by your own biased media 'fake news'.

No on is really saying that you WANTED this to be terror. And I certainly was not the person who posted that you were cheerleading for it. The point is your partisan colors and agenda are showing. It was the NYPD that confirmed it wasn't terror from almost the very beginning, but you are harping on the media, and splitting hairs about semantics (the word "likely"). Not to mention posting the ridiculous sentiment that "people act like everything is nothing without any information". Um, NO. People are just trying to stay level-headed:

Do you even know the source ("/pol/ News Forever") that you are referencing in your post #43? This is so far removed from the world of "actual facts" and unbiased media, I am actually embarrassed for you. It's not even in the same realm as left-wing media vs. conservative media, MSNBC vs. Fox.

Your first hint is this:

That's the co-opted Celtic cross. You know what that's a symbol for, right? I don't think you even know what you posted, so let me enlighten you: "/pol/ News Forever" is an offshoot of 4chan /pol/, and run by Levi Smith, a known alt-right troll who, among other things, dabbles in white nationalism, and has written about preparing for a coming civil war.

Did you even click through his Tweet about "Libs blaming Trump"? First of all, that is ONE tweet about a Trump false flag...AND IT'S FROM A STAND UP COMEDIAN. That's what stand up comedians do. Say outrageous things for knee-jerk reactions. Don't worry. Stand up comics said way worse, and way way more outrageous things at Trump's Comedy Central Roast, and Trump loved it.

The other 3 tweets in that series consist of one person navel gazing about how if this turned out to be terror related, it would be convenient for Trump's rhetoric of stoking fear. The rest were merely people whining about Trump not acknowledging the event at all.

FYI, this Levi Smith character also posts confirmed fake images like the below, footnoted with his own inflammatory rhetoric about dropping MOABs.

You are lecturing the forum about "actual facts", as well as lecturing us on not relying on the media to tell us the truth, AND you are instructing the left to "clean up your own house", yet you are using social media from a fake news, conspiracy posting, alt-right white nationalist troll source as evidence that "so many on the left" were pushing this notion of a false flag.

10,000 :facepalms:

Your idiotic post says so much about you too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies