U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 11:47 AM

10,417 posts, read 7,764,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Manhattan crash took place at 11:56AM. It's now 12:56PM. Manhattan Island is paralyzed.
All news networks are covering it continuously.
This is the New America.
Where did you hear this?

Things happen in the city every day. This was a DUI caused car accident that happened to occur in one of the most touristy areas, but I doubt it has affected the entire borough. People anywhere but TS and its immediate areas are probably going on business as usual. The only thing to ever really "paralyze" Manhattan was the twin towers coming down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 11:49 AM

1,745 posts, read 3,286,639 times
Quote:
Manhattan crash took place at 11:56AM. It's now 12:56PM. Manhattan Island is paralyzed.
All news networks are covering it continuously.
This is the New America.
"Manhattan Island" is not paralyzed. That section of Times Square is paralyzed. Times Square is a 24-7 fluster cluck anyway.

Wall Street, Chinatown, Union Square, Central Park, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Harlem, East Harlem, etc. etc. are all business as usual.

Quote:
Hello! 6-square blocks closed till further notice. Plan on walking to your function!
Prior to 911, it wouldn't get reported on National news.
We are now conditioned to expect the worst, and waste Police resources on every event.
Six blocks is nothing. And it's Midtown Manhattan. Of course they are planning to walk to their function.

LMAO.

But keep up that disasturbation.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
It's not. I wouldn't plan on driving through Times Square and there will probably be an increased presence of gawkers and police, but the city is not shut down over a drunk driving incident.
I wouldn't recommend driving through Times Square EVER. Avoid the area all together, honestly, unless you don't mind constant throngs of idiot tourists who can't walk without looking up. People who live around here know that TS is generally one area that people should avoid if possible.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
DWI for what reason?

Weren't all the 9/11 terrorists on drugs to stay calm before they id what they were suppose to do.

I have heard that most terrorist are on medications or other things to stay calm and get calmly through security or they will get caught for getting too nervous or seating too much and giving away that they are not a regular passenger.

But this could be a "regular" DWI. With now becoming a "famous" guy for 15 min.
Because he's been caught twice before and likely has a problem with alcohol?

If the NYPD is saying this is not terror related, then it's not terror related. My first thought was that this might be terrorism, too, but I trust the experts.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:55 AM

5,634 posts, read 2,720,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Stockholm
London
Nice
Berlin
Columbus, OH
Westminster
Shall I list the cities where people are hit by cars (either as pedestrians, bike riders, or in cars themselves)? Or where people are attacked with knives or guns? This list would be rather long.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Status: "I get blocked for staying storm front. Personal attack???" (set 16 days ago)

23,637 posts, read 16,583,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
LOL "looking for facts".. good for them if they are, its about time

They held off on the "its not terrorism" for as long as they could for ratings and clicks.

And if they had reported it was possibly terrorism you'd fault them for that too.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:57 AM
Status: "I get blocked for staying storm front. Personal attack???" (set 16 days ago)

Quote:
Hello! 6-square blocks closed till further notice. Plan on walking to your function!
Prior to 911, it wouldn't get reported on National news.
We are now conditioned to expect the worst, and waste Police resources on every event.
Yeah because its not like several major cities in the past four years have experienced terror attacks using vehicles to plow into crowds or anything.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:57 AM

7,553 posts, read 5,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
DWI for what reason?

Weren't all the 9/11 terrorists on drugs to stay calm before they id what they were suppose to do.

I have heard that most terrorist are on medications or other things to stay calm and get calmly through security or they will get caught for getting too nervous or seating too much and giving away that they are not a regular passenger.

But this could be a "regular" DWI. With now becoming a "famous" guy for 15 min.
Wow.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Shall I list the cities where people are hit by cars (either as pedestrians, bike riders, or in cars themselves)? Or where people are attacked with knives or guns? This list would be rather long.
Go right ahead.

I stated why I thought it MIGHT be terrorism and also stated people should WAIT before jumping to conclusions. Oh so sorry to upset you over my thoughts.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:00 PM

5,634 posts, read 2,720,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Wow.
It's interesting how fast these people will stop caring about this incidence once they realize it's not terrorism-related. Kind of gross, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies