U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 12:26 PM

4,422 posts, read 1,048,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You really do not want Ryan as President either.

Newsflash: In your wildest impeachment fantasies you will still have a Republican Presidency.
Yup..difference is..it'll be a real Republican!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 12:29 PM

2,762 posts, read 2,453,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I couldn't agree more with the removal of Pence; preferably by ambulance.

He is a would-be Dominionist, fearful of women, and hopelessly enmeshed in religious mythology. As long as he has a desk, RU4-86 and like medications will continue to be synthesized hand over fist and distributed freely...in Tic Tac boxes, if necessary.
You realize you just made a death threat against the sitting vp? You better hope nothing happens to him. Well i guess no matter what you should be hearing from the secret service.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:38 PM

2,517 posts, read 430,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I'm a liberal, I can't stand Trump and Pence. But i think it's just time for us to all take a deep breathe, and let the situation play out.

Comey will be testifying shortly, and all of his memos will be subpoenaed. Both democrats and republicans were very pleased with the Robert Mueuller pick to run this show, as they believe he will do a thorough job.

The truth will come out, eventually. Either Trump's campaign was dirty and/or he tried to obstruct in FBI investigation, or he did not. Very smart people within the intelligence community have been tasked to get to the bottom of it.

Let's see how it plays out.
My guess is Trump will step down way before all this plays out. Really he does not need this and I think the goal all along was winning the election. That is why he keeps bringing it up all the time. That was the high point for him. Plus he made the admission that this was harder than he thought and that was before all the drama of the last couple weeks. Trump follows the news and what is said about him. And he does not take the negative stuff very well. There has to be a point where wants it all to end.

If say next week Trump steps down and Pence is the president besides a momentary celebration by the left it actually hurts your cause. Pence will have a much easier time in getting the GOP agenda through congress, not make the newbie mistakes Trump has and the farther away all of this is to 2018 and 2020 the better. He can run for two terms so you hypothetically could have almost 12 years of President Pence.

Yes and I know Pence could never win a presidential election. Just like almost everyone who said Trump could never be president. Just like how improbable it was for a jr. senator from Illinois with a funny sounding name could knock off Hillary and become President.

And remember it is much easier for an incumbent to get re-elected.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:40 PM

50,388 posts, read 25,520,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Mike Flynn's activity was well known to Mike Flynn, WHO HEADED THE TRANSITION TEAM! Flynn told them he was being investigated but they hired him anyway?

Then he pretended to be shocked by the revelations about Flynns ties to foreign countries?

Sorry that doesnt pass the smell test.

Did your intellectual brain finally figure out that if you remove Trump, who is kinda progressive in ways, you get Pence, who is GW Bush all over again, only more Christian right.
Then you get McConnell and Ryan....... You guys will never win this way. It will just get you guys killed for treason.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I'm a liberal, I can't stand Trump and Pence. But i think it's just time for us to all take a deep breathe, and let the situation play out.

Comey will be testifying shortly, and all of his memos will be subpoenaed. Both democrats and republicans were very pleased with the Robert Mueuller pick to run this show, as they believe he will do a thorough job.

The truth will come out, eventually. Either Trump's campaign was dirty and/or he tried to obstruct in FBI investigation, or he did not. Very smart people within the intelligence community have been tasked to get to the bottom of it.

Let's see how it plays out.
My guess is Trump will step down way before all this plays out. Really he does not need this and I think the goal all along was winning the election. That is why he keeps bringing it up all the time. That was the high point for him. Plus he made the admission that this was harder than he thought and that was before all the drama of the last couple weeks.

If say next week Trump steps down and Pence is the president besides a momentary celebration by the left it actually hurts your cause. Pence will have a much easier time in getting the GOP agenda through congress, not make the newbie mistakes Trump has and the farther away all of this is to 2018 and 2020 the better. He can run for two terms so you hypothetically could have almost 12 years of President Pence.

Yes and I know Pence could never win a presidential election. Just like almost everyone who said Trump could never be president. Just like how improbable it was for a jr. senator from Illinois with a funny sounding name could knock off Hillary and become President.

And remember it is much easier for an incumbent to get re-elected.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:55 PM

31,039 posts, read 49,792,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You really do not want Ryan as President either.

Newsflash: In your wildest impeachment fantasies you will still have a Republican Presidency.
Who cares? Regardless of their party, I want a president that isnt the puppet of a foreign govt.

Isnt that what you want?

Lately we cant be sure of Trump supporters' loyalties anymore.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:00 PM

4,985 posts, read 1,205,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
If Pence served any more than 2 years of Trump's term, Pence could only run for one more term, not two.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Who cares? Regardless of their party, I want a president that isnt the puppet of a foreign govt.

Isnt that what you want?

Lately we cant be sure of Trump supporters' loyalties anymore.
But you were fine with Clinton as president who was clearly on the take from anyone willing to donate to her and bills charity. I don't think there ever was a ex presidental family that turned their time in the white house into so much cash.

Broke people like the Clinton's were near the end of Bill's term and early after are much more susceptible to this sort of corruption than the richest guy ever to be in the oval office.

What exactly do you think Trump did with the Russians, not Flynn or someone else but Trump?

Old 05-18-2017, 01:07 PM

5,381 posts, read 1,807,286 times
Quote:
Mike Flynn's activity was well known to Mike Flynn, WHO HEADED THE TRANSITION TEAM! Flynn told them he was being investigated but they hired him anyway?

Then he pretended to be shocked by the revelations about Flynns ties to foreign countries?

Sorry that doesnt pass the smell test.
Sure he does.

Should we re-run the election again too?

Old 05-18-2017, 01:08 PM

6,680 posts, read 3,092,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
But you were fine with Clinton as president who was clearly on the take from anyone willing to donate to her and bills charity. I don't think there ever was a ex presidental family that turned their time in the white house into so much cash.

Broke people like the Clinton's were near the end of Bill's term and early after are much more susceptible to this sort of corruption than the richest guy ever to be in the oval office.

What exactly do you think Trump did with the Russians, not Flynn or someone else but Trump?

Trump is not that rich, he's a phony, who is indebted to the Russians for money for his golf courses and businesses, because he can't even get an American loan, because he's such a lousy business manager with many failed businesses! He is also a Corporate Ho owned by the Kremlin, Deutsche Bank , and others who have loaned him money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies