U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:48 PM

151 posts, read 19,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
killing fiduciary rule. there is a fact. You will pretend it is not real or does not matter or ignore my post.

But that one deed hand signed by Trump is the living Proof Trump is a gold plated faker who cares not a bit for the average working guy.

talk your way out of that.
Why don't you tell us about the costs of implementing the fiduciary rule and how much it will cost to maintain it ?

Here's a quote directly from Forbes ...

Opponents of a fiduciary rule felt it limited customer choice, made compliance costs more expensive, and risked taking away options from smaller investors who may not want a more transparent fee system, or who would have a hard time finding advisors willing to give them advice under the new rule paradigm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:49 PM

1,240 posts, read 508,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
From your link

Explain to me again how Trump didn't say that the Russia investigation wasn't a reason why he fired Comey?
That's still not the reason Comey was fired though. He was "thinking about the Russia situation". You're really using that to counter my point?

REALLY?

Old Today, 12:50 PM

18,860 posts, read 10,481,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Ah, as already posted, Trump admitted it. In his own words, from his own mouth. On national television.

"I was going to fire regardless of recommendation," Trump told NBC. "He made a recommendation,” Trump said referring to Deputy Attorney General Rob Rosenstein. “He made a recommendation, but regardless of recommendation, I was going to fire Comey."

“And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said 'you know, this Russia thing, with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won',” he said.

You may have chosen to ignore this fact, but that won't change the fact that Trump said it. We all saw it.
comey should have been fired by Obama

trump should have fired him the first day

Old Today, 12:54 PM

10,933 posts, read 5,466,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
That's still not the reason Comey was fired though. He was "thinking about the Russia situation". You're really using that to counter my point?

REALLY?

And you're pretending Trump didn't say what he said just because it weakens your claim? He said the AG's recommendation didn't mean anything because he was thinking about "this Russia thing" WHEN HE DECIDED TO FIRE COMEY

Quote:
“And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said 'you know, this Russia thing, with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won',” he said. "
REALLY?

Old Today, 12:54 PM

After reading this thread, the only thing I realize is that lefties are the ones ignoring facts and fabricating things that don't really seem to exist.

Trump mentioned that he gave the Russians certain info. However, he did not say he gave them HIGHLY CLASSIFIED information.

That highly classified is a big difference-maker in what he admitted to. Yet, you seem to choose to ignore the "classified" part.

Interesting.

Old Today, 12:56 PM

Quote:
And you're pretending Trump didn't say what he said just because it weakens your claim? He said the AG's recommendation didn't mean anything because he was thinking about "this Russia thing" WHEN HE DECIDED TO FIRE COMEY

REALLY?

That's still not the reason why he fired Comey. So...no. No matter how much you want to spin-it.

Again, I dislike Trump and don't care if he's impeached at all. But when you spin things to make them "appear" the way you want them...that's not being factual.

Trump did not go "Yeah Comey, because of this Russia thing, you're fired. Bye".

Old Today, 12:57 PM

Quote:
After reading this thread, the only thing I realize is that lefties are the ones ignoring facts and fabricating things that don't really seem to exist.

Trump mentioned that he gave the Russians certain info. However, he did not say he gave them HIGHLY CLASSIFIED information.

That highly classified is a big difference-maker in what he admitted to. Yet, you seem to choose to ignore the "classified" part.

Interesting.
Except of course is that it was in fact code word intelligence. That is classified beyond Top Secret. It was not "specific intelligence sources and methods" which is the denial that was issued, but no one has claimed it was.

Old Today, 12:59 PM

Quote:
That's still not the reason why he fired Comey. So...no. No matter how much you want to spin-it.

Again, I dislike Trump and don't care if he's impeached at all. But when you spin things to make them "appear" the way you want them...that's not being factual.

Trump did not go "Yeah Comey, because of this Russia thing, you're fired. Bye".

Sorry but you are just repeating nonsense. Trump said he was thinking about "this Russia thing" - referring to the investigation as is crystal clear in context - when he decided to fire Comey. Trying to pretend otherwise just puts you in the category of a Trump loyalist denying the facts of what Trump himself said. Not my spin, Trump's own words.

Old Today, 12:59 PM

18,860 posts, read 10,481,577 times
Quote:

REALLY?

he stated ''and all'

the Russia thing
the Hillary thing

how many times should comey screw up before he gets fired

Obama should have fired him back in 2016...if not before

Old Today, 01:01 PM

7,212 posts, read 5,535,865 times
Yes, some people can be extremely blindly loyal to their favorite politicians despite all allegations and evidence. Think of all the cases of rape (at least two), sexual assaults, sexual harassments, number of suspicious deaths connected to the politician, destruction of government documents/emails, forming a "charity" that accepts huge donations in exchange for political favors, and many other potential crimes not indicted thanks to political pressure on attorney generals and district attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies