Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 01:02 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Why don't you tell us about the costs of implementing the fiduciary rule and how much it will cost to maintain it ?

Here's a quote directly from Forbes ...

Opponents of a fiduciary rule felt it limited customer choice, made compliance costs more expensive, and risked taking away options from smaller investors who may not want a more transparent fee system, or who would have a hard time finding advisors willing to give them advice under the new rule paradigm.

what else would the industry say, did you expect them to say "yes we would like to make less money off off your mom and dad, grand kids etc"

choice is the go to word of every liar. Just ask Comcast, Pai , V hell ask any corp faced with restrictions.

There is NO change in cost , there is a change in profit margins on retirement policies sold to unsophisticated investors.

Are you really going to pretend you believe allowing predatory salesmen to sell high margin products to working moms and dads is a good idea?
You really want to defend that? defend Goldman sachs to defend Trump? really? You really believe what you are saying, or are you simply desperate to defend the indefensible? Do you see what trump is doing to you? He is getting you to go against your own interest, getting you to defend his lining the pockets of the uber wealthy.... wow.

so you want to save BLACKROCK.... now it get it, you are part of trump's 1% ? it that it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 01:02 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Jesus, did you even take US Civics in gradeschool?

Do you know how the basic government actually works?

I hate to be mean, but I seriously question how some of you are mentally challenged enough to be able to log-in to this website and type on a keyboard sometime...
Do you? Attorneys from the Watergate investigation stated there is a prima facie case against him for obstruction of justice.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:06 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
And I am also amazed at how no one mentions the emoluments clause.

He could have asked congress to permit his continued conflict here, but he hasn't.

BTW Want to see how Republicans treated a Democrat over just a peanut farm?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3796484/pre...s-of-interest/

Old 05-18-2017, 01:07 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Do you? Attorneys from the Watergate investigation stated there is a prima facie case against him for obstruction of justice.
LMAO

Sigh....

Obstruction of justice for what?

I mean, all i had to do is a Google search.

Can Trump Legally Fire FBI Director James Comey? | Law News

"He sure can. Under federal law, the F.B.I. director is appointed to one 10-year term – a term length purposely created such that it overlaps presidential administrations. Presidents may fire the FBI director (and Congress can impeach one) – and according to a 2014 report by the Congressional Research Service, “there are no statutory conditions on the President’s authority to remove the FBI Director.” While some FBI directors have resigned prior to the end of their terms, only one – William S. Sessions (appointed by President Ronald Reagan in 1987) – was ever fired. Sessions was fired by President Bill Clinton in the wake of allegations of ethics violations, such as misuse of public funds for his private benefit."

Old 05-18-2017, 01:11 PM

5,034 posts, read 7,414,809 times
How can anybody be surprised that the Trump presidency has spiraled out of control so soon?-- WE TOLD YOU SO, this was predicted by the Left, it was obvious that the man was tragically unfit to be President and that his various conflicts of interest along with his political inexperience and 5-year-old personality were a volatile and toxic mix that would end up exploding the way it has, and this is only the beginning! And it is only serving to stymie the Trump agenda and galvanize the Left like nothing else could. The "anti-government" folks have really done it now. How could they do otherwise?

Old 05-18-2017, 01:13 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
he stated ''and all'

the Russia thing
the Hillary thing

how many times should comey screw up before he gets fired

Obama should have fired him back in 2016...if not before
"I was going to fire regardless of recommendation," Trump told NBC. "He made a recommendation,” Trump said referring to Deputy Attorney General Rob Rosenstein. “He made a recommendation, but regardless of recommendation, I was going to fire Comey."

“And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said 'you know, this Russia thing, with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won',” he said.

Trump's own words.

If Trump was going to fire Comey, why did he wait 4 1/2 months? On the day that he found out subpoenas had been issued in the Flynn investigation?

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
The facts didn't mean anything to them before the election. No surprise they mean nothing now. Many of these people are beyond hope for rationale thought.

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Speaking just for the Comey case, logic and history offer the best and most reasonable reason or Comey's firing. His handling of the Clinton investigation during the election was not very professional. Holding a press conference detailing all the crimes she's committed and then saying they were not going to indict her on the evidence he listed. Then not long before the election begins, publicly announces another investigation into candidate Clinton. If you have evidence of a crime, you press charges and let the courts and jury decide guilt or innocence. You don't announce all your evidence publicly of crimes and then say no charges will be filed. And then you don't publicly announce another investigation just before a presidential election of the candidate after you've already said no charges to be filed. He was the wrong person to head the FBI.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:14 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
LMAO

Sigh....

"He sure can. Under federal law, the F.B.I. director is appointed to one 10-year term – a term length purposely created such that it overlaps presidential administrations. Presidents may fire the FBI director (and Congress can impeach one) – and according to a 2014 report by the Congressional Research Service, “there are no statutory conditions on the President’s authority to remove the FBI Director.” While some FBI directors have resigned prior to the end of their terms, only one – William S. Sessions (appointed by President Ronald Reagan in 1987) – was ever fired. Sessions was fired by President Bill Clinton in the wake of allegations of ethics violations, such as misuse of public funds for his private benefit."
Who asked if Trump can legally fire Comey? Not seeing that in the post you replied to.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:15 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
LMAO

Sigh....

you are conflating two issues.

1 trump fired someone he LEGALLY can (yep everyone gets that)

2 Obstruction of justice. illegal.

trump did 1 but that brings up 2. do you understand how that works?

Driving a maintained car with insurance and license is legal.
Driving it on the sidewalk and killing people is not.

does that help at all?

the first part is legal the second is not. in the case of Comey, it is not the act of firing but the intent. it is the INTENT that would have to be proved. Did Trump intend to limit, restrict end an investigation..

now you know WHAT argument to put forth when fighting this online. Not the ACT, but the intent of the act.

hope i cleared that up for you. (no sarcasm just wish to end the pointless repetition of a dead horse)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies