Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 09:03 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Ohhh... you mad, bro!
No, not mad ...just putting an ignoramus in his place.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:04 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Exactly.

We still have people working as federal employees who have been here probably starting with Nixon. They have been through many administrations are are generally blind to it as most private sector employees.

But somehow the solution is to get rid of all these "entrenched" worker bees and, what? Fill the vacancies with Trump people? How does that become apolitical?
Trump can't even get his act together enough to fill the vacancies he does have the right to fill with consent of the Senate. There are something like 400 openings including important ambassadors that his bumbling crew can't seem to deal with. They've been pre-occupied with selling memberships at Trump clubs, selling visas to investors in Trump development schemes, and laundering money for the Russian mafia.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:07 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, there is no law that says he has to release his tax returns, and there is strong evidence of someone high in the Obama administration (could be Obama himself ...they're still investigating that) is behind the surveillance of the Trump campaign and Transition Team. Susan Rice is not the only one involved, they now know (Circa News has an ongoing investigation of the illegal surveillance of Trump and his Campaign).
Ah yes - so big on investigating Obama supposedly wiretapping Trump, but Trump admin and Russia? STOP THAT AT ONCE! You really live in a world of double standards. Why not investigate both?

Quote:
Is there some law you know about that he cannot put his daughter or an in-law in any cabinet post?
No, of course not - please, vote for guys who put all their family members into conflicts of interest! Just because there isn't an explicit law doesn't mean meets the right standard of ethics for the American people. And if I have to explain why nepotism is not a good idea, than you are a LOT less politically educated than you suggest.

Quote:
And, Ivanka handles criticism very well ...where do you get "like a four year old girl?" She handled the ill treatment she got overseas like a lady and a professional. And they were downright nasty people!
I'm talking about your moron of a president, not her. But she can go take a flying leap as well. She sacrificed nothing to serve, and neither has Kushner. They're just rich kids who get to play with daddy's fun toys. And, by the way, Ivanka gets rich peddling that crap that was made overseas instead of here in "America first."

Old 05-19-2017, 09:14 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,690 times
The far right word-of-the-day is fun to watch for. Some of them are so ridiculous they only run them on social media etc. If they get any traction hannity and Limbaugh etc will parrot them.
For a while they even told us they were 'constitutionlists'
The repubs have played the propaganda game like pros... Question opponents loyalty to the country and tell supporters that they are "educated voters" (play to.their egos). You also have to give supporters a boogey man...'liberals'
Hating a Free press is another classic trait of propaganda.
Poor Donny can't handle the heat and his apologists are crying him a river

Old 05-19-2017, 09:16 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Well, there is no law that says he has to release his tax returns, and there is strong evidence of someone high in the Obama administration (could be Obama himself ...they're still investigating that) is behind the surveillance of the Trump campaign and Transition Team. Susan Rice is not the only one involved, they now know (Circa News has an ongoing investigation of the illegal surveillance of Trump and his Campaign).

Is there some law you know about that he cannot put his daughter or an in-law in any cabinet post? And, Ivanka handles criticism very well ...where do you get "like a four year old girl?" She handled the ill treatment she got overseas like a lady and a professional. And they were downright nasty people!

The Alinsky comment was sarcasm, because that's how you act.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/3110

Old 05-19-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yeah, right. I'm sure that once you get down to the level where the government employees are "entrenched" (meaning, they aren't the top folks who are political appointees), you really won't see what you suggest is happening. Usually, these people have served administration after administration, without any issues, and are too busy trying to do their jobs with ever fewer employees and reductions in budgets to even consider potentially getting in trouble for any political maneuvering. But, hey, if it helps you sleep at night to think trump's trouble are all due to these people....

ETA: The Hatch Act of 1939 prohibits a lot of political behavior for Federal employees. Not a lot of people are going to endanger their 'cushy government jobs' over it, either.
https://osc.gov/Pages/The-Hatch-Act-...and-Email.aspx
Have you checked Wikipedia? After I posted, I looked it up on Wikipedia, and their article seems to support what I said, and my comment was based on some articles I read a few weeks or months back. Are they all wrong?

Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Ah yes - so big on investigating Obama supposedly wiretapping Trump, but Trump admin and Russia? STOP THAT AT ONCE! You really live in a world of double standards. Why not investigate both?
Trump never called for an end to the phony "Russia collusion" investigation, did he. In fact, he said it would continue.

Further, Comey just exonerated Trump from that charge in his May 3 testimony ...or did you miss that?

The double standards seem to be in the world the Democrats live in. Hillary can violate laws (and she did grossly mishandle classified information) and she gets away with it. Others who were charged and tried were convicted and have served or are serving time in prison.

Further, there is no uncertainty about Trump having been under surveillance, along with his campaign team AND the Transition team. The only question is, who is responsible?

Old 05-19-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Throw Russia propaganda memes in the Facebook mix to alert those who are slow to catch on to the current outrage.
LOL!!! You people act as though you are the only source for truth, and that you don't parrot one another at all. Talk about living in a bubble...!

Old 05-19-2017, 09:46 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Have you checked Wikipedia? After I posted, I looked it up on Wikipedia, and their article seems to support what I said, and my comment was based on some articles I read a few weeks or months back. Are they all wrong?
Wikipedia can be edited by anyone. It is not a consistently reliable resource. people are constantly inserting urban legends and myths for ideological or religious reasons and later finding they have been replaced by something that contradicts.

You may post a link to it and after a while it might not corroborate your argument at all. It can be like a message board where people alter one another's posts.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:47 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
How about the other "catch phrases" ..."Russian collusion," "Obstruction of justice," "Muslim ban," "Constitutional crisis," "this isn't a dictatorship," "Hillary won the popular vote," "highly classified information released," "Comey was asked to halt the investigation."

Catch phrases have been in use by the Anti-American Party (formerly Democrat Party) for many years. They were taught the tactic by Saul Alinsky (I'm sure you have his book).

I'd credit Karl Rove....(I'm sure you have his book).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies