U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:33 AM
 
14,110 posts, read 7,427,437 times
Reputation: 5287

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump is to give an "inspiring" speech on Islam in Saudi Arabia. Who the hell approved him telling Muslims, in an Arab country, how to live their religion? Trump has a kindergarten understanding of Christianity and doesn't have the smarts for nuance in discussing religion. Christians wouldn't sit for a lecture on Christianity from Khamenei. Trump will be a bull in china shop and only inspire radicals.

Trumpís speech on Islam is rife with pitfalls. Experts say thereís little upside to it.
well the left thought it was amazing when BHO lectured Christians about their religion.


sup?

 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Old Hippie Heaven
13,502 posts, read 5,354,966 times
Reputation: 7070
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I see no similarities in the last 8 years to the Trump administration. Trump is trying to act in the best interest of our country, the last 8 years were definitely not about that!
He's got a funny way of doing it.
 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 AM
 
7,598 posts, read 6,527,470 times
Reputation: 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
And he "could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody" and he wouldn't alienate one of his sycophantic, hypocritical, asinine voters.

trump is a lifelong, very public, well-known and admitted serial fraud, liar, cheat and swindler. That alone should outrage any thoughtful, minimally informed citizen of this country.

Nearly everything he has done (or attempted and failed at) since taking office only reinforces how much of a narcissistic, incompetent infant the man is.
k:
 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:37 AM
 
14,299 posts, read 7,922,241 times
Reputation: 10155
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I see no similarities in the last 8 years to the Trump administration. Trump is trying to act in the best interest of our country, the last 8 years were definitely not about that!
This is exactly the type of post that leaves the rest of the planet scratching their heads in wonder.
 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Deep Dirty South
5,092 posts, read 3,750,878 times
Reputation: 3631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well the left thought it was amazing when BHO lectured Christians about their religion.


sup?
Did Obama do this in an official capacity? How often? Can you point to anything factual or anecdotal that indicates how masses of people were "amazed" by this?

Like all politicians he paid lip service, giving the people what they wanted to hear (or what his handlers and advisers thought they wanted to hear.)

Was not a fan of Obama, but every time a trump lemming brings up clinton or obama in response to a negative criticism of trump, it only reinforces how they have no basis on which to argue FOR the man.
 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:38 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
5,746 posts, read 6,310,322 times
Reputation: 2212
Uh. The pope talks about Islamic violence and there are world wide Islamic riots.

Trump has no filter.

What could go wrong?
 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:39 AM
 
3,003 posts, read 1,326,256 times
Reputation: 3956
Before Trump lectures Muslims on Islam, perhaps he should first learn something about Christianity.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 05-19-2017 at 09:49 AM..
 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:39 AM
 
Location: North America
16,697 posts, read 10,364,570 times
Reputation: 6584
What could possibly go wrong?
 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:40 AM
 
14,110 posts, read 7,427,437 times
Reputation: 5287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Did Obama do this in an official capacity? How often? Can you point to anything factual or anecdotal that indicates how masses of people were "amazed" by this?

Like all politicians he paid lip service, giving the people what they wanted to hear (or what his handlers and advisers thought they wanted to hear.)

Was not a fan of Obama, but every time a trump lemming brings up clinton or obama in response to a negative criticism of trump, it only reinforces how they have no basis on which to argue FOR the man.


yes
ad infinitum
PROG responses on C-D
 
Old 05-19-2017, 09:40 AM
 
Location: NJ
14,306 posts, read 9,554,071 times
Reputation: 8934
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump is to give an "inspiring" speech on Islam in Saudi Arabia. Who the hell approved him telling Muslims, in an Arab country, how to live their religion? Trump has a kindergarten understanding of Christianity and doesn't have the smarts for nuance in discussing religion. Christians wouldn't sit for a lecture on Christianity from Khamenei. Trump will be a bull in china shop and only inspire radicals.

Trumpís speech on Islam is rife with pitfalls. Experts say thereís little upside to it.
No but christians have to tolerate schools teaching islam and telling us that mohammed was a real story and Christ was more of a rumor.


Apparently the very small minority of fundamental islam has decimated, read that murdered, the majority of christians in the middle east.


All sign of christianity have been sued and removed while isalm demands 5 prayer breaks a day, and sharia law be viewed as an alternate to legislated law. Islam and law are one and the same. something our legal system can't handle.


Laugh at the use of the word EXPERTS up against Trump.... bets on Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top