U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:25 AM

3,631 posts, read 526,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Maybe there are more facts to the story than what you can read in the media?
there ar eplenty that were available in the media, but people like him educate themselves in political activist sites and so only know what the narratives deem worthy.

The clock was not made. It was simply taken from a clock case and placed into a box. There was no "work" in terms of technical work done. You can literally achieve what he did by BREAKING the case open and laying it in a box.

What he also failed to mention is that the father is an Anti-USA activist who already had multiple run ins with the law and other people concerning this kind of garbage.

One has to be a lair or have their head in the sand to think this case was anything more than a scam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:31 AM

55,050 posts, read 20,644,382 times
The teacher never believed it to be a bomb. Was this discrimination? No. Was it a huge over reaction by the school? Absolutely.

Kids will do stupid things, we should expect more from those who run the schools.

Old Today, 11:50 AM

3,823 posts, read 1,535,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Kid makes a simple clock. Ignorant teacher squirrel wrongly guesses it is a bomb and freaks out. Kid is dismissed for no good reason. Teacher is upheld in court.

Triumph of ignorant authority over simple investigation. 'Freedom and Justice for all" my arse.
That was my original thought, but didn't the kid/family finally admit that it was a scheme the whole time?

Old Today, 11:54 AM

6,510 posts, read 3,180,384 times
Yes, this news was/is available on US websites (mainly local news websites from what I can tell . . . this despite the fact that national news media ran with the story originally, crying discrimination). But its a shame that, for "national" exposure, I have to look to a UK media website (not that I have anything against the Daily Mail).

Old Today, 11:57 AM

18,733 posts, read 14,196,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yes, this news was/is available on US websites (mainly local news websites from what I can tell . . . this despite the fact that national news media ran with the story originally, crying discrimination). But its a shame that, for "national" exposure, I have to look to a UK media website (not that I have anything against the Daily Mail).
cbs and new York post have it.

Ahmed Mohamed, "Clock Boy," loses federal discrimination lawsuit - CBS News

Judge tosses ‘Clock Boy’ discrimination suit against school | New York Post

Old Today, 11:59 AM

20,797 posts, read 26,238,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Apparently anytime a Muslim kid gets called names it's the schools fault now. We are going to see many more of these type lawsuits.

Clockboys uncle ran for city counsel and got beat pretty bad.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/irvi...9-year-old-son
That other couple sound like hotheads. Thousands of Muslim children attend public schools across DFW every single day without incident. I don't believe their story.

Old Today, 01:00 PM

3,225 posts, read 2,495,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Kid makes a simple clock. Ignorant teacher squirrel wrongly guesses it is a bomb and freaks out. Kid is dismissed for no good reason. Teacher is upheld in court.

Triumph of ignorant authority over simple investigation. 'Freedom and Justice for all" my arse.

1. Simple clocks do not look like suitcases.

2. Clocks are commonly used as countdown timers for bombs.

3. There was no way for the English teacher and other students in the class to know what kind of device it was, and something that looks like a suitcase bomb would understandably scare people.

The kid was stupid to bring it to school and show it off. What if it really was a bomb, there is no way they could have known that. The school and law enforcement made the right call. Better safe than sorry.

Old Today, 01:11 PM

55,050 posts, read 20,644,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
1. Simple clocks do not look like suitcases.

2. Clocks are commonly used as countdown timers for bombs.

3. There was no way for the English teacher and other students in the class to know what kind of device it was, and something that looks like a suitcase bomb would understandably scare people.

The kid was stupid to bring it to school and show it off. What if it really was a bomb, there is no way they could have known that. The school and law enforcement made the right call. Better safe than sorry.
The science teacher had let it be known it wasn't a bomb. If the teacher thought for even a second it might be he wouldn't have been simply asked to put it away.

Old Today, 01:16 PM

21,848 posts, read 9,478,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The science teacher had let it be known it wasn't a bomb. If the teacher thought for even a second it might be he wouldn't have been simply asked to put it away.
It's been a while so I could be wrong, but I thought he was told to put it away and not plug it in and then he showed it more and plugged it in.

I'm mostly upset that idiots claimed he actually made a clock.

It would be like me cutting the fenders and quarters off a car, taping on cardboard and saying I built a car.

Old Today, 01:18 PM

3,225 posts, read 2,495,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What are you talking about? The kid was in an English class when he showed off the device to his teacher and other students. The English teacher confiscated the device when she heard it beeping and reported it to the principal who then called the cops. Never heard about any science teacher, I wouldn't expect a high school science teacher to know much if anything about bombs anyway.

Last edited by cisco kid; Today at 01:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies