U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 07:30 PM

1,370 posts, read 304,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Obama invited this little trouble maker to the White House just because he was an offended Muslim.....
Yep. The whole thing was a set up on the part of the kid & his family. They knew Obama would immediately take their side being he was a Muslim, and that they'd then be able to file a huge lawsuit. Too bad for them that everyone else saw through it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 07:36 PM

13,401 posts, read 8,826,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Kid makes a simple clock. Ignorant teacher squirrel wrongly guesses it is a bomb and freaks out. Kid is dismissed for no good reason. Teacher is upheld in court.

Triumph of ignorant authority over simple investigation. 'Freedom and Justice for all" my arse.
See somerging say something!

that fa,ily knew what they were doing when they sent the kid to school with a clock that just might have been a bomb.

School acted appropriately.

Why isn't someone in that family in prison for essentially yelling 'fire!"

Old 05-19-2017, 07:37 PM

9,453 posts, read 4,768,626 times
If they just moved back from Qatar for the lawsuits, they must be disappointed.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:43 PM

5,072 posts, read 1,248,075 times
It is not over...not nearly. It will be refiled. And if it loses again the dismissal will be appealed.

Another year or two and the kid does not get a real hearing until it gets to the appealate court.

Then we see. I think he actually has a pretty good case...though not 15 million worth.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:44 PM

11,596 posts, read 13,260,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
I'll bet the dismissal didn't make Barack HUSSEIN Obama happy.
Any word on Donald JOHN Trump's reaction?

I am just glad that Ronald WILSON Reagan, Franklin DELANO Roosevelt, and other presidents with middle names in all caps are not around to see what we've become.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:48 PM

3,516 posts, read 1,103,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Obama invited this little trouble maker to the White House just because he was an offended Muslim.....
Yes indeed.

Read my post #28.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:54 PM

1,573 posts, read 581,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Kid makes a simple clock. Ignorant teacher squirrel wrongly guesses it is a bomb and freaks out. Kid is dismissed for no good reason. Teacher is upheld in court.

Triumph of ignorant authority over simple investigation. 'Freedom and Justice for all" my arse.
TQ (truth quotient) = 0.

He didn't make a clock. He dissembled a clock and put the workings in a package intended to look like a bomb. Then people mistook it for a bomb. He was looking for publicity and an opportunity to claim unwarranted discrimination. He was following in the footsteps of his ethnic activist father.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:02 PM

5,072 posts, read 1,248,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
TQ (truth quotient) = 0.

He didn't make a clock. He dissembled a clock and put the workings in a package intended to look like a bomb. Then people mistook it for a bomb. He was looking for publicity and an opportunity to claim unwarranted discrimination. He was following in the footsteps of his ethnic activist father.
Ahh comeon. Looked nothing like a bomb. I think sometimes ignorance causes more problems than anlything. The shop teacher saw it earlier and knew enough to be sure it was not a bomb. All the powers that be had to do was ask around a bit.

And really it looks like a clock. And nothing else.

I am also somewhat critical of anyone taking this as a serious technical accomplishment for a 14 year old. At that point in my life I had built a couple of radios and reconditioned a WW II transceiver.

The clock was a significant underachievement but should have been met with accolades and instructions to go do something significant.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:09 PM

16,914 posts, read 7,481,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Any word on Donald JOHN Trump's reaction?

I am just glad that Ronald WILSON Reagan, Franklin DELANO Roosevelt, and other presidents with middle names in all caps are not around to see what we've become.

They may have not cared much for the former mentioned and seeing what we've become to put one as that in Office.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:50 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,567,350 times
"It looked like a harmless ordinary clock."

Seriously? What kind of clock opens up like a suitcase? His science teacher said he thought it looked like it could be a bomb and warned him to put it away so people wouldn't be scared by it. The idiot did not heed his teacher's advice and got himself in deep trouble. This kid is not too bright.

Irving police photo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies