Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 01:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It's been a while so I could be wrong, but I thought he was told to put it away and not plug it in and then he showed it more and plugged it in.
Yes, he made a nuisance of himself but the teacher isn't going to tell someone to put away a bomb, or even something they thought had any possibilities of being one.

Quote:
I'm mostly upset that idiots claimed he actually made a clock.

It would be like me cutting the fenders and quarters off a car, taping on cardboard and saying I built a car.
LOL, true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
What are you talking about? The kid was in an English class when he showed off the device to his teacher and other students. The English teacher confiscated the device when she heard it beeping and reported it to the principal who then called the cops. Never heard about any science teacher, I wouldn't expect a high school science teacher to know much if anything about bombs anyway.
If she thought it was a bomb she would not have......." asked him to put it in his backpack, instead of immediately evacuating the school.

Debunking the Muslim Clock Kid and the Obama Block Kid | Mediaite

He recalled showing one teacher the clock and her telling him that she thought it was "nice" but he shouldn't show other instructors, according to the paper.

Teen Ahmed Mohamed brings clock to school, gets arrested - CNN.com

I'm not going to bust it finding "science" teacher but that is who he initially showed it to. Yes, a science teacher at any level would know he did not have a bomb.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:10 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If she thought it was a bomb she would not have......." asked him to put it in his backpack, instead of immediately evacuating the school.

He recalled showing one teacher the clock and her telling him that she thought it was "nice" but he shouldn't show other instructors, according to the paper.

I'm not going to bust it finding "science" teacher but that is who he initially showed it to. Yes, a science teacher at any level would know he did not have a bomb.
I believe he showed it to his science teacher who told him to put in in his backpack and not show anyone, so he took it out and showed it to his English teacher then preceded to plug it in and start the timer. The issue was with a bomb hoax. Bringing a device that appeared to be a bomb. I dont think anyone thought it was really a bomb. Kids get in as much trouble for pretending sticks and fingers are guns. God save the queen if they actually brought a toy gun.

Why would you presume any science teacher would know a bomb on sight. Its not as though high school science teachers studied (probably at least 10 years ago) physics, chemistry and engineering specifically in depth so they could teach children to build bombs. The science curriculum is more general.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:11 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
Quote:

The teacher in his science class told him to put the clock away and not show it to anyone else. The stupid kid did not listen to that advice. Mohamed later took it out of his backpack and played with it in English class.

When the English teacher heard it beeping she took it away from him and called the principal. Do you expect an English teacher to know what it was? Even if it was just a cellphone the teacher had the right to confiscate it. You are not allowed to play around with cellphones or any other personal devices in class. She didn't know what it was which is why she rightly called the principal. What do you do with a strange-looking beeping device that looks like it could be a bomb? Even the science teacher said he thought it could be mistaken for a briefcase bomb. And it doesn't help to calm people's fears when the owner is a muslim named Mohamed.

Mohamed said he brought the clock to school because he "wanted to impress all of his teachers".[11] His engineering teacher, upon seeing the clock said, "That's really nice", but advised him to keep the device in his backpack for the rest of the school day, as he thought it resembled something akin to a briefcase bomb.[13] Mohamed, however, later plugged it in during his English class and set a time on the clock.[11] When the clock alarm started beeping, the English teacher requested to see it, and said, "Well, it looks like a bomb. Don't show it to anyone else."[10] In an interview posted on KXAS-TV (NBC 5), Mohamed said he "closed it with a cable ... 'cause I didn't want to lock it to make it seem like a threat, so I just used a simple cable so it won't look that much suspicious."[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_...ock_and_arrest

Old 05-19-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I believe he showed it to his science teacher who told him to put in in his backpack and not show anyone, so he took it out and showed it to his English teacher then preceded to plug it in and start the timer. The issue was with a bomb hoax. Bringing a device that appeared to be a bomb. I dont think anyone thought it was really a bomb. Kids get in as much trouble for pretending sticks and fingers are guns. God save the queen if they actually brought a toy gun.

Why would you presume any science teacher would know a bomb on sight. Its not as though high school science teachers studied (probably at least 10 years ago) physics, chemistry and engineering specifically in depth so they could teach children to build bombs. The science curriculum is more general.
Did you see what he brought? Yes any science teacher would know what he brought was NOT a bomb.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
The teacher in his science class told him to put the clock away and not show it to anyone else. The stupid kid did not listen to that advice. Mohamed later took it out of his backpack and played with it in English class.

When the English teacher heard it beeping she took it away from him and called the principal. Do you expect an English teacher to know what it was? Even if it was just a cellphone the teacher had the right to confiscate it. You are not allowed to play around with cellphones or any other personal devices in class. She didn't know what it was which is why she rightly called the principal. What do you do with a strange-looking beeping device that looks like it could be a bomb? Even the science teacher said he thought it could be mistaken for a briefcase bomb. And it doesn't help to calm people's fears when the owner is a muslim named Mohamed.

Mohamed said he brought the clock to school because he "wanted to impress all of his teachers".[11] His engineering teacher, upon seeing the clock said, "That's really nice", but advised him to keep the device in his backpack for the rest of the school day, as he thought it resembled something akin to a briefcase bomb.[13] Mohamed, however, later plugged it in during his English class and set a time on the clock.[11] When the clock alarm started beeping, the English teacher requested to see it, and said, "Well, it looks like a bomb. Don't show it to anyone else."[10] In an interview posted on KXAS-TV (NBC 5), Mohamed said he "closed it with a cable ... 'cause I didn't want to lock it to make it seem like a threat, so I just used a simple cable so it won't look that much suspicious."[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_...ock_and_arrest

He was told to put it away. No one is going to tell a kid to put away a possible bomb.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:24 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
Quote:
He was told to put it away. No one is going to tell a kid to put away a possible bomb.
The teacher and principal didn't know what it was, which is why they called the police.

The English teacher didn't tell him to put it away, she took it away from him. Even if she did tell him to put it away at first, so what? She didn't know what it was and took the boys word at first that it was just a clock, but when it started beeping it dawned on her that it could be a weapon of some sort and called the principal.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:44 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I'll bet the dismissal didn't make Barack HUSSEIN Obama happy.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:50 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
BTW, calling the cops was dumb.

He deserved an apology, but no money. Once they tried to sue the school, I lost any sympathy for them.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:54 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Obama invited this little trouble maker to the White House just because he was an offended Muslim.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies