U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 12:56 PM

6,504 posts, read 1,753,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
There is only one public Liberal who actually doesn't sound like a complete hypocrite, Bill Maher. I can respect him, even though I don't agree with him on a lot of issues. At least he is willing to say, all religions are ridiculous hypocritical crap responsible for most wars. He points out that Islam goes completely against the Liberal agenda much more so than Christianity and that Liberals shouldn't ignore the fact that 99% of terrorist acts are in the name of Islam. He probably hates Trump more than any public Liberal, but even he admitted Trump had a point when he tweeted after a terrorist attack that Obama and Democrats seemed more angry at Trump for mentioning the terrorist was a Muslim than the actual terrorist himself.

Bill Maher is pretty much alone on this, so may I ask why is it taboo for Liberals to say anything negative about Islam, when so much about the religion is against equal treatment of women, homosexuals etc?
How about some examples of liberals condemning christians? Y'know, let us see some of those condemnations so we can evaluate them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 12:59 PM

570 posts, read 210,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Fine in theory if you could be sure to screen people as being violent idiots before they could immigrate.

Be even better if we could both be sure violent idiots didn't get in and we could deport the violent idiots (of any culture, natural or foreign-born) currently residing here.

But that's Fanstasyland.
Agreed, but if currently one religion is producing the most violent idiots, I have no issue with shutting all of them down until the bad apples are taken care of.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:02 PM

7,090 posts, read 2,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Maybe we can indoctrinate them with a month-long sabbatical in Raqqa.
You mean the city in Syria where DAESH is trying to take over? It does no good to paint all Muslims as violent extremists.

That'd be akin to suggesting a Westboro Baptist Church summer camp to introduce non-Christians to Christianity.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
You mean the city in Syria where DAESH is trying to take over? It does no good to paint all Muslims as violent extremists.

That'd be akin to suggesting a Westboro Baptist Church summer camp to introduce non-Christians to Christianity.
Alright, instead we'll give them a month in Sana'a or Riyadh with a directive to pay close attention to how women are treated. If they're lucky, they might to get to witness a public beheading or group hanging.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:09 PM

5,023 posts, read 3,620,253 times
Quote:
Agreed, but if currently one religion is producing the most violent idiots, I have no issue with shutting all of them down until the bad apples are taken care of.
That's super for you. How do you feel about domestic terrorists (McVeigh, etc.)? Should we take efforts and expense to try to ID and exile them?

Old 05-19-2017, 01:10 PM

7,090 posts, read 2,819,909 times
Quote:
Alright, instead we'll give them a month in Sana'a or Riyadh with a directive to pay close attention to how women are treated. If they're lucky, they might to get to witness a public beheading or group hanging.
Why not Lebanon, Indonesia, Azerbaijan or Morocco?

Old 05-19-2017, 01:12 PM

26,920 posts, read 22,181,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Not true, even the leaked emails from Hillary mentioned her team was disappointed when the terrorist attacker had a Muslim name. I'm not sure why Liberals, especially ones with public power defend Islam so aggressively. They make it sound like its a coin toss whether a Christian or a Muslim will conduct a deadly terrorist act, even Bill Maher said this is one reason why Democrats lost seats this election, their denial that Islam is has a major problem that enables people to use it to justify terrorist acts and treat women and gays like animals.
They were disappointed because of the likelihood that seeing a Muslim name would cause people to freak out and harm INNOCENT MUSLIMS.

You know that nothing happens in the US when a terrorist is named Tim McVeigh or Dylann Roof, right?

It's not like roving bands of citizens start attacking Walmart shoppers in rural Mississippi to avenge the deaths of the people some crazy white guy shot just because he was white and might be Christian, right?

But, take that same guy, make him brown, and make his name Husni Muhammad and suddenly, people are picking fights with that nice guy at the corner store named Emir.

All because they assume that "all of them are alike."

So, yeah... I can see why the DNC emails would contain some level of dismay in them.

But, it's not because Muslims get some sort of special goodies that Christians do not. It's because Muslims are ALREADY persecuted.

As far as treating women and gay people like animals? Have you spent much time in rural, white America?

Old 05-19-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
That's super for you. How do you feel about domestic terrorists (McVeigh, etc.)? Should we take efforts and expense to try to ID and exile them?
Domestic terrorists should be tried and if convicted, sentenced under U.S. law. McVeigh was found guilty and executed which was the appropriate punishment by law.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:21 PM

2,292 posts, read 693,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yeah, I think Matthew Shepard's family and friends would disagree. And he's far from the only person killed in the name of Christianity. That doesn't mean all Christians are murderers but there is plenty of Christian doctrine that is violent and that has been used over centuries to justify murder and other horrific behavior.
You misunderstand my post. I am not saying Christians haven't killed people in their warped interpretation. I am saying why a liberal museum could have an exhibit of let's say an image of Christ covered in manure but would never tolerate a Koran in manure. Let's face it a museum would be scared to death of being blown up. Now that is a fact. Yet, as a Christian I am not offended of Christians being ridiculed and nor do I believe Christians in the US are persecuted. Christians in the US are not persecuted whatso ever. Also if Christians would really face persecution in the US it would be exactly what Jesus promised his followers would happen as it does in many parts of the world. Yet, this is the point for the OP, when was the last time he prayed for those he feels are persecuting him ? And doing good for them ???

Old 05-19-2017, 01:22 PM

5,023 posts, read 3,620,253 times
Quote:
Domestic terrorists should be tried and if convicted, sentenced under U.S. law. McVeigh was found guilty and executed which was the appropriate punishment by law.
My point is it's not productive or viable to paint with a broad brush. By far, the vast, vast majority of Muslims are perfectly peaceful, reasonable, kind people.

We have as much to fear from random sweeps of 30-somethings who wear hoodies and live in their parent's basements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies